*** Planning to go bird watching in Ecuador? Then this is the app for you. This app fills a gap in the region and is the only app available for Ecuador! It is based on renowned reference work of the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images. The app contains 5,000 illustrations and more than 3,000 bird songs and calls in total.
>> Neotropical Birding magazine writes:
*** "Condensing Restall’s two-volume work into an app, while remaining usable, is no mean feat—and Sunbird Images deserve recognition
for successfully doing so. Navigation is admirably straightforward." ***
*** "Two nice touches are displaying the sonogram in ‘real time’ with the vocalisation, and a ‘loop’ facility to make playback more manageable." ***
*** "The app is self-evidently the equal of Restall et al. as an identification tool, and a smartphone is so much more portable than a field guide. Moreover, the in-built vocalisations are arguably worth the purchase price alone..." ***
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once or a few times in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- Includes all 1,612 Ecuadorian bird species including all vagrants
- Selection of 5,000 illustrations from the reference work "Birds of Northern South America"
- All subspecies + geographic, age and sex variations illustrated
- 3,158 bird songs and calls
- Most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- Spectrograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- Detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- Introduction contains hints and links on bird watching in Ecuador
- Create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- Automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- Make notes for each bird spotted
- A simple identification key narrows species down
- Sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic
Ecuador is a prime birding spot and a country of extremes. It covers altitudes between coastal regions up to heights of more than 6,000 m and habitats that include coasts with beaches, Desert Woodland and Arid Scrub, Páramo, Temperate as well as Subtropical Montane Forest (Cloud Forest/ Elfin Woodland), the Amazon Rainforest in particular, Swamps and Mangroves. Ecuador has the largest biodiversity per square kilometre in the world, with an unlimited number of possibilities for birding.
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
"All Birds Ecuador" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
Available for Android smartphones as well as tablet computers.
The app will be continuously developed further. All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!
We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also visit our internet site www.sunbird.tv for more products.