It is designed with simplicity in mind, with information provided on each genus including common names, distribution, growing region, when and how to sow, and plant care.
The Garden Plants Growing Guide contains beautiful photographs making it easy to visualize how the plants will look in your garden.
All of the plant growing information is stored natively on the phone, so there is no need for internet access to use the app once it has been installed. This means that you can access the Garden Plants Growing Guide wherever you are, whether it be in the garden greenhouse, at a nursery, or even a remote botanical garden.
As the plant index is image intensive it may occasionally deliver a 'window not found error'; this is due to running out of internal memory on the phone. This most commonly occurs when many other apps are running simultaneously.
This is easily (usually) fixable by doing the following:
Settings --> Apps --> Downloaded --> Garden Plants Growing Guide
Then click the --> Clear Data and Force Stop buttons.
We’ve all admired our neighbor’s gorgeous gardens filled with flowering perennials and longed to recreate their beauty in our own back yard. But if we’re being honest, when it comes to gardening, most of us have no idea where to begin. Additionally, in these economic times, who can afford to hire an expert to come in and do the job for us? That said, regular folks all across North America and Europe are returning to the soil, shovels in hand. With the help of this book, there is absolutely no need to fly blind into the world of green thumbs, perennials, and herbs. The name--Garden Guide: A No Nonsense, No PhD Guide to Great Gardens with Hand-Holding How To’s for Beginners and Straightforward Instruction for Advanced Gardeners—truly says it all. Indeed, this book is the hand-holding garden guide that will walk even the most timid novice right through the gardening process from beginning to end.
In addition to straightforward, practical advice in everyday language, you will love the stories and anecdotes Olver shares from her fifteen years of backyard, organic gardening adventures. Easy and entertaining, you‘ll probably read this book in one sitting, but you’ll reference it for years to come. The beauty of Garden Guide is that Olver divides her advice into two sections: Beginning Gardeners and Advanced Gardeners. No matter what your skill level, there are simple explanations, tips, and tricks that will walk you through every aspect of the garden process. Garden Guide features details such as:
• Everything you need to know about location, from sunlight to drainage to selecting just the right spot
• How to understand soil types, how to amend and condition them
• pH levels and soil testing broken down in simple terms
• Step by Step guide for planning your PERFECT garden no matter where the location
• Fertilizing made manageable with explanations for all those numbers and organic alternatives
• Composting broken down so you can start immediately
• Pests obliterated with loads of organic suggestions
• The basics of garden maintenance from deadheading to dividing perennials
• Loads of helpful website suggestions for purchasing plants online, getting ideas, locating county extension offices, perennial databases and so much more.
• Gardening terms are defined in language you will both understand and remember
If you have time to read only one book on gardening, this is the book to choose. Short enough not to feel like an encyclopedia and just long enough to wet your gardening appetite, Olver has woven basic garden science and practical ideas for everyday people into each page. With her warm, inviting, no-nonsense instruction, you will be amazed how simple and doable gardening really is. Not only will you be thoroughly educated in basic gardening, you will find yourself inspired to begin planting in your own patch of earth and well on your way toward beautiful perennial beds.