Find SuperBetter on Republic, a platform that gives people the power to invest in a future they believe in.’ https://republic.com/superbetter
Everyone has heroic potential.
Join over 1 million people who have played SuperBetter to improve their resilience, mental health and social emotional learning.
SuperBetter builds resilience – the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic even in the face of life’s challenges. Playing SuperBetter unlocks heroic potential to overcome tough situations and achieve goals that matter most.
SuperBetter was invented by world-renowned game designer Jane McGonigal. Its unique methodology uses the psychology of game play to build life skills, overcome obstacles & achieve greater success in all areas of life.
We make the SuperBetter web & mobile apps available for free to anyone around the world.
►► Message from the SuperBetter team
We’re a small but mighty team working to amplify the impact of SuperBetter in the world. Our reality means prioritizing resources on an upcoming version of SuperBetter that will dramatically grow our impact. We do our best to maintain the Original SuperBetter as a free service, but the apps can sometimes be buggy. If you have issues on your device, try the website.
►► Exciting News from Davos
Based on a sneak peak of our upcoming plans, SuperBetter was named a winner of The World Economic Forum’s Youth Mental Health Challenge. In the future SuperBetter will be available for players of all ages, and we are excited to play a bigger role to help end the mental health crisis among youth & young adults.
►► Why play SuperBetter?
Here are some reasons people use SuperBetter:
- To adopt a new habit, learn or improve a skill, strengthen a relationship, make a physical or athletic breakthrough, complete a meaningful project, or pursue a lifelong dream.
- To beat depression, overcome anxiety, manage stress, cope with chronic pain, or heal from a concussion or other physical injury,
- To overcome a life challenge like dealing with a school setback, finding a new job, surviving divorce, or grieving a loss.
- To help others – teachers use the SuperBetter methodology to promote social-emotional learning, therapists refer the SuperBetter app to their patients.
►► What is the Power of Living Gamefully?
To Live Gamefully means bringing the same mindset and psychological strengths naturally displayed when playing games – such as optimism, creativity, courage, and determination – to real life. It means having the courage and openness to try different strategies to discover what works best. It means collaborating with allies, and building up the resilience to tackle tougher and tougher challenges with greater and greater success.
►► SuperBetter is backed by science
SuperBetter is validated in published studies to build resilience, improve mental health, and support recovery.
In randomized controlled & clinical trials conducted at University of Pennsylvania and The Ohio State University playing SuperBetter is associated with improvements in resilience, mental health and social emotional skills. Published meta-analyses show its effectiveness for reducing anxiety & depression.
Find links to the studies at https://www.SuperBetter.com/Science.
• Identify and go for epic wins
• Adopt a secret identity
• Recruit allies for support
• Choose Power Packs or design your own activities
• Activate power-ups, battle bad guys, and complete quests each day
• Build and track four types of resilience
• Join the SuperBetter Official Community Group
You are stronger than you know.
You are surrounded by potential allies.
You are the hero of your own story.