This application supports the following capabilities:
• Integrated voice
• High-quality video with interoperability to Cisco TelePresence and other video endpoints
• IM, presence
• Visual voicemail
• One-tap escalation to WebEx meetings (cross-launches the Cisco WebEx® Meetings application)
Device and Operating System Requirements:
Cisco Jabber for Android Release 9.6 is supported on the following devices and Android OS combinations officially. (Refer to Release notes for more details and any potential updates):
• Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Google Nexus 5 (Android OS 4.4)
• Sony Xperia Z1 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Sony Xperia ZR/A (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
For more information about Cisco Jabber, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/jabber
IMPORTANT: Cisco Jabber IM for Android has been rebranded to Cisco Jabber for Android. Cisco Jabber IM for Android users will received a notice to upgrade to Cisco Jabber for Android Release 9.6, and can use this new version for their chat needs. NOTE: Prior to migrating from Jabber Voice for Android, check with your administrator to ensure that your infrastructure configuration is supported by Jabber for Android Release 9.6. Also, when migrating, make sure to REMOVE the Jabber Voice app to avoid conflicts with your Jabber accounts.
IMPORTANT: If connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, administrators must enable the correct Cisco Jabber for Android configurations, or proper connectivity will not be established. For details, review the Cisco Jabber for Android 9.6 Installation and Configuration Guide, and Server Setup Guide.
IMPORTANT: Most of the features described above are specific to a particular system configuration. Please check with your IT administrator to determine the specific features that are available to you.
Portions of Cisco Jabber are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and are “Copyright © 1999 Erik Walthinsen email@example.com”. You may obtain a copy of the LGPL license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html.
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2013 - 2014 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Consult the Cisco Support Forums at http://supportforums.cisco.com if you encounter issues with unsupported devices.