The Surveybe Implementer collects data using questionnaires that have been configured in the Surveybe 'Designer' application. Surveybe delivers a vast suite of features for Android users, including full roster functionality allowing enumerators to more easily make the switch from PAPI to CAPI and 'upgrading' users of less sophisticated survey software.
Typically deployed on live, Face-to-face, Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) questionnaires Surveybe facilitates Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and other data collection projects as a comprehensive end-to-end solution.
Surveybe allows for:
• Seamless, unlimited data collection across multiple platforms: Android, Kindle Fire OS and Windows via questionnaires exported from the Surveybe Designer
• Collection of data, in-field, in either on-or-offline mode
• Auto-encryption of data at device level
• Automatic transfer of data to HQ if preferred via 'auto-import' to a user defined location; including FTP, Dropbox or any shared location - without need for external server hosting.
• In-field file/data transfer via Bluetooth (or hardware)
• Full suite of answer types including Rosters (filtered, pre-populated, single view, add-row/expandable), GPS, Audio, Images, Date, Tick box, Multiple Response, Timestamp, Radio Button, Numerical, Text and Integer
• Live calculations and display incorporating current and externally-sourced data such as calculating calorific values or time/duration measurements
• Implementation of Quality Control measures such as audio recording
• Display of Images, gifs and other formats as part of questionnaire structure
• Capture and display of interview file metadata 'headers' on dashboard
• Robust data validation checks and contextualised error message display to enumerators
• Extensive provision for the addition of enumerator comments at any point of the survey
• 'Locate' feature to return enumerator to source of error
• Unlimited use of external data to act as pre-population, validation and response sources
• Full respect of Enablement, Skip and Routing conditionality
• Extensive Documentation and Instruction capabilities for use at question and screen level; eliminating the need for a separate interviewer manual
• Multiple language support - including live toggling of languages during live interview
• Deployment of both linear and complex, multi-layered questionnaires
• Choice of different colour themes
• Audio read-out of questions
• Ultimately Data is seamlessly exported as .csv, Stata or SPSS format
Data is secure as Surveybe auto-encrypts at device level. Users can determine to either activate 'auto-import' to upload data straight from the field - if field conditions or user-defined protocols don't allow for this then transfer of data can use physical, attachment or Bluetooth systems.
The full Surveybe suite has been deployed by users in over 50 countries globally - including universities, government agencies and statistical bureaus, research and donor bodies. You can find out more by visiting www.surveybe.com or www.edi-global.com
This app has access to the following in your android device:
Location: Uses GPS in your device to get the GPS location if you have used a GPS question type in your questionnaire. Later you can switch the GPS off to preserve the battery life.
Storage/Photos/Media/Files: Uses temporary storage for persistent storage of database, interview files, Images log and dump files.
Microphone: Used if you enable the audio recordings or in future, if the audio question type is used.
Internet: Used only for playing audio file provided via HTTP url
Marshmallow Update: If your device is running android 6.0+ then please provide the required permissions after app installation and before first use.