MyWARN is an app that delivers critical National Weather Service severe weather risks, watches and warnings to your smartphone based on your location.
**** How It Works ****
MyWARN constantly monitors the latest tornado, severe thunderstorm and flash flood watches and warnings from the National Weather Service. It uses the location services in your device to notify you immediately when an alert is issued for where you are.
**** FEATURES ****
* Only Alerts For Where You Are: Legacy warning systems, like sirens and NOAA Weatheradio, issue warnings for entire counties. But National Weather Service warnings are drawn very precisely. MyWARN only notifies you when you are in the precise alert area.
* Only the Alerts You Want: MyWARN lets you filter out alerts that you don’t want.
* Always On: MyWARN sits silently in memory waiting for a match from the MyWARN servers.
* AlertsInMotion: MyWARN notifies you when you drive into or out of an alert, no matter where you are in the United States.
* Early Heads Up: MyWARN alerts you hours in advance by notifying you when severe weather is forecast for your location by the experts at the Storm Prediction Center.
* Simple Interface: MyWARN features a single screen that acts as a dashboard to give you an instant assessment of your situation. Alerts are color coded, labeled and organized for immediate recognition.
* Safety Information: MyWARN gives you specific safety actions to be taken based on the particular alert you are located in.
* Live Television Coverage: When a severe weather warning is issued for your location, it is time to immediately act. As you are getting in your safe place, MyWARN lets you watch television coverage and radar from partners who offer live streaming so you can get more information.
**** BATTERY LIFE ****
MyWARN uses the GPS feature of the smartphone.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
When there are no severe weather alerts for your area OR the "Precision" option is off, MyWARN uses very little battery. But when there are alerts, the app does use the GPS to deliver you the most accurate information possible and battery use will increase. During a severe weather event, it is advisable to keep your device charging as much as possible in case you lose power for an extended period.
**** MULTIPLE SOURCES FOR INFORMATION ****
MyWARN is the newest type of severe weather notification system, but technology is not infallible. Never rely on just one source for weather alerts. Please ensure that you have multiple sources for severe weather information, including phone notification, NOAA Weatheradio, television and outdoor sirens.
**** HAVE A PLAN ****
MyWARN helps stack the odds in your favor by bringing you precise alerts and helping you know what actions to take. Having a plan, being weather aware and multiple excellent sources of severe weather information can increase your survival chances.
**** KNOWN ISSUES/SUPPORT ****
There are no known issues with the app at this time. Please let us know if you experience any problems or have suggestions by using the support email feature on the “More” menu. Your opinions and ideas are extremely important to us.
**** COMMUNITY ****
Be a part of the MyWARN community on the following social networks:
The Alert Works app is your companion app for the Alert Works Emergency Alert Radio offered at many retailers and online. Combine the app with an Alert Works Radio for added safety and convenience during severe weather events. Both can be used in tandem to provide weather alerts for your home, while traveling and for friends and family. The app is powered by Weather Decision Technologies' highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. With the Alert Works app you have access to hourly, daily and extended weather information, forecasts as well as the ability to view watches and warnings for multiple locations.
You will also get a free trial of premium features at start-up and at the end of the trial you may purchase the premium features including push notifications for more than 100 National Weather Service alert types, up to six locations (5 static and 1 "follow me"), voice announcements of alerts, spoken alert details, spoken forecasts, alerts based on your current location tracked in the background, and more.
**** Free FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and severe weather alert badges and text for your current location
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds, and forecast, winter and news feed from WDT's WeatherOps team
• Free trial period for the full alert package
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
• Free trial period for the features listed below)
• Push Notifications – Receive push notifications for severe weather warning, watches, and advisories issues by the National Weather Service
• Premium Pack – Enable push notifications, background tracking, voice alerts and forecasts, and map layers (including warnings, watches, hurricane tracks), plus five saved locations and current location.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
*Alerts are for the United States only.
PressureNet is a network of crowdsourced weather sensors. We automatically collect atmospheric pressure measurements using barometers in new Android devices. We're sharing this data with scientists and researchers to improve weather forecasting.
PressureNet has been featured on BBC World Service, Wired Science, and MIT Technology Review:
BBC World Service: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014ypyj
Wired Science: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/01/android-weather-prediction/
MIT Technology Review: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/510626/app-feeds-scientists-atmospheric-data-from-thousands-of-smartphones/
Soon we'll provide you with a weather forecast based on your data! These forecasts should be significantly more accurate since the data is collected using smartphones - we can gather way more data about the atmosphere than ever before.
Until we make forecasts, we specialize in current weather conditions. Most apps show you the current weather at the airport, which isn't always relevant to you. PressureNet users alert each other of the weather, allowing us to build comprehensive maps of changing weather conditions on very local, relevant scales.
PressureNet supports all devices running Android 3.0+, though only tablets or phones with barometers will be able to contribute readings, see their pressure and use the widget.
Devices with barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6
Galaxy Note, 2, 3, 4
Nexus 4, 5, 6, 10
RAZR MAXX HD
Xiaomi MI-2, MI-3
HTC One (M8)
- NEW: Watch your contribution statistics rise as you help science
- Widget to submit current weather conditions (for map and animations)
- Animations of current weather conditions based on your submitted data!
- Interactive Google Map now includes weather graphics indicating current weather conditions, as submitted by you!
- Pressure drop/rise alerts: notifies you when your pressure starts to fall (indicating clouds/rain is coming) or rise (indicating good weather coming)
- Report the current conditions outside where you are - your data will show up on the map, in animations, and will help us validate our forecasts.
- My Data feature that shows your recent measurements graph and listing
- Export data you've submitted to a CSV file
- Settings to modify Auto-Submit options, change unit preferences, sharing preferences
- Widget to view your current barometer reading, submit readings, view pressure tendency
- Search for locations to quickly view pressure trends all over the world
This project is fully open source to foster innovation. The core PressureNet code is contained in our SDK so that app developers can easily integrate PressureNet inside their own apps. Check it out and email us if you have questions! PressureNet code on GitHub:
We're always adding more features and would love your input. Visit our site at http://pressurenet.io or email us at email@example.com
Keywords: PressureNet, pressure net, crowdsourcing, weather, barometer, sensor, hygrometer, forecast, barometer network
- Current temperature
- Temp min and mx
- Clear icon for weather condition
- Next hour forecast
- 5 days forecast
- Search city all over the world
- Metric and imperial system unit
No battery drain, just weather condition when you want.
100% Free. No ads
This is is built using open source Weather library (http://survivingwithandroid.github.io/WeatherLib/)
You can configure this app to synchronize incoming, outgoing and missed phone call and incoming SMS with the calendar.
Everything will be saved in your calendar.
- Synchronization phone call with the calendar:
- incoming call
- outgoing call
- missed call
- Enable and disable synchronization for incoming/outgoing/missing call
- Resolve phone number with address book
- Can be used with google calendar
- Synchronize incoming SMS with the calendar
- Battery monitoring to susped notification if the battery level is too low.
Full ICS support.
New feature will available soon:
- Save GPS or wifi position and save it in the calendar location
Stay tuned and follow me on twitter @jfrankie
Keywords:advanced call log, calltrack, synchronization, calendar, sms, phone call
You can explore the infinite world of these small "animals". You have a set of different functions
that create these biological-looking images: you can draw stars, shells and so on.
The possibilities are endless and it is up to you to explore and find new species.
You can even zoom on the image.
If you have any suggestion write an email