Syncs all of your friends contact information including...
* First and Last Name
* Phone Number
* Email Address
* Facebook Account
* Twitter Account
* Home City
* Foursquare User ID
* Short Biography Text
To use this application, go to your "Settings" menu and choose the "Accounts and Sync" option. You can then "Add" a new account, and "Contact Sync for Foursquare" should appear in the list.
Some things to note:
1. Some friends may not display all the available contact information. For example, Facebook and Twitter Accounts are optional for Foursquare, so some Foursquare friends may not display these fields if they haven't supplied this information.
2. Some Android devices, such as newer Samsung phones, may not display some of the custom contact fields. such as the Facebook and Twitter Accounts. This information is still stored on your phone, but it just isn't visible. If this affects your phone, you may need to use a different Contacts app to display the missing fields. However, this should not affect standard fields such as Email Address and Phone Number - these should always be displayed if the Foursquare friend has supplied this information.
Like this application? Why don't you make a donation via the website?
✔ Real-time Location update: force device to send a fresh location immediately; otherwise, location is periodically updated as your friend / family member moves.
✔ Cross platform location tracking, Family Locator allows you to share locations and other data between Android and Apple iOS device.
✔ Delayed update: stores your locations when network is unreachable and pushes them to GeoZilla server when you're back online.
✔ Request location: if force-updating of fresh location didn't work you can send request for location to your family member/ friend she or he will receive when back online.
PASSIVE & BATTERY FRIENDLY GPS TRACKING
✔ GeoZilla is NOT continuously using GPS in background, it tracks location in a passive mode upon a significant change in location : Basically, Geozilla
is running in the background just to be able to receive a notification with new location from the phone system when you move significantly - for more than 500 m).
✔ In such a mode the location is detected by the phone by using cell towers signal; most of the time GPS hardware is not even needed and powered off to preserve battery.
✔ getting live location data is also made in a efficient way: upon forced location update (when you request your family member/ friend's location by tapping refresh button in refresh button in the app) the back-end platform will send a silent push to your friend's device to ask for a new location update.
GET NOTIFIED WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE ENTERS OR EXITS CERTAIN AREAS (Home, School, Work, etc.)
Always know when your kids arrive school, beloved ones leave work, friends geather in party place.
LET YOUR KIDS USE THEIR FAVORITE APPS (SWARM, FACEBOOK) AND BE AWARE OF THEIR LOCATIONS
Connect with Facebook / Foursquare to fetch and share its check-ins into GeoZilla app.
OVERVIEW KIDS WHEREABOUTS AND CHECK-INS THROUGH THE DAY
Location history for every day and every member. High usability thanks to smart aggregation of locations.
CHAT FREE WITH AN INDIVIDUAL OR IN GROUP
✔ Text any family member or use group chat to discuss common family topics securely.
✔ Share images and video with the people you trust to make you communication more emotional.
CHECK-IN INSTANTLY TO LET OTHERS KNOW YOU ARRIVED SAFELY
Leave Check-ins and comments to let your family and friends know what you are up to.
iPhone BATTERY STATUS
Be aware your family member iPhone battery is running low.
How It Works:
• Download and install GeoZilla - Family Locator onto your Android or iOS device.
• Register in the system manually, via Facebook, Foursquare or email.
• Create ""Family Locator"" group: invite members by sending invitations on their email or join the group by Family ID.
• Help your family members to install GeoZilla - Family Locator and accept your invite.
• Set Location Alerts on important places and get notifications when family members leave or arrive there.
GeoZilla – battery-friendly Family Locator :
✔ Battery-friendly smart algorithm of location tracking
✔ Locations fetched from Swarm and Facebook
✔ Location alerts (geofencing)
✔ High usability Location History
GeoZilla – Family Locator is a battery-friendly GPS Tracker! This Family Locator connects family members with each other and provides secure tracking and monitoring of their real-time locations and activity. Say “Yes” to your kids’ and loved ones’ supervised use of smartphones without making them feel you are breathing down their neck. Keep tabs of them no matter where they are and let them keep tabs of you, thus bringing your family safety to the max level. Your peace of mind will thank you.
PREMIUM subscription will give you:
- Unlimited number of family members (up to 3 in free version);
- Unlimited number of Location alerts (GeoFencing) (up to 2 in free version);
- Complete location history for all days and members.
Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
Let's make an end to that with auto check-ins!
This app automatically checks you in when you are in the neighbourhood of places you've chosen.
It's easy to configure and above all: it doesn't drain your battery.
State of the art technology is used to reduce the amount of battery power needed to know your location.
Vote for new features here: http://checkmein.uservoice.com/
1) add locations to track
2) configure the checkin radius and check-in delay time
3) save, and done! You will be checked in automatically from now on once you are within the check-in radius for the given amount of time.
Double checkins are avoided, when you stay at the same location for a longer time, we will check you in again, but only after 20 hours. (you only need 1 checkin/day for your mayorship)
The official Foursquare app is required on your device (authentication).
Some graphics are property of Foursquare (see https://foursquare.com/about/logos)
What if you're not checked in:
- Don't force quit the app (swiping it out in the app switcher), if you do, it won't be able to locate you.
- check if location tracking with google play services is enabled on your phone, the app will not work if you turn them off!
- check if your sensors (gps, wifi) are enabled
- set a bigger checkin radius or lower check-in delay (you have to stay within this radius for the given amount of time, every time you go out of the radius, the timers are reset)
- Every time the app is opened, some checks are done that might reset the timers, be aware of this while configuring your venues!
- Someone reported that reinstalling the app also might do the trick, weird, but it doesn't hurt to try it.
All data that's needed for the app to work is stored locally on your device.
The only thing that is tracked, are the app crashes and amount of checkins to make sure the app is still working on every device. This is an anonymous process.
This app comes as is, with no guarantees.
* List nearby Foursquare places on your Android Wearable
* Make a checkin on selected place using Android Wearable
* Stay notified about nearby places available for check-in on your Android Wearable
With Wear for Swarm you can search for nearby Foursquare places and make a check-in directly from your Android Wear device.
With "Automatic notifications" you can be notified about places around you every time another application asks for position (it uses passive location provider only - no additional battery consumption) in minimal interval 15 minutes and minimum displacement 35 meters. This feature must be enabled in "Settings".
How to use it
1) Launch Wear for Swarm from your mobile phone or tablet
2) Login to Foursquare
3) Go to wearable menu and select Start…
5) Select application Wear for Swarm and wait few seconds
6) Select actual place for check-in
7) Wait 5 seconds to confirm check-in. Checked-in!
Please let me know your experience and feedback!
Application source code:
This app uses the Foursquare API but is not affiliated with or endorsed by Foursquare Labs, Inc.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.