BusNow: Ride smarter, ride better with on-demand travel and convenient, seamless journeys on public buses
BusNow is an On-Demand Public Bus (ODPB) service brought to you by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore, powered by SWAT (Ministry of Movement Pte Ltd).
The ODPB trial is an initiative by LTA to evaluate the feasibility of operating public bus services based on real-time commuter demand and along dynamic routes, instead of plying fixed timetables and routes.
Using real-time traffic data and commuter bookings, BusNow’s algorithm will dynamically route public buses to take the quickest path and only go to locations where there is commuter demand for pick-up or drop-off.
With BusNow, you can now travel to and from any bus stop within a defined area during the trial operating hours. Yes! That means no more making multiple transfers between bus services just to go to Marina Barrage or Gardens by The Bay! What’s more, BusNow offers late night rides from the Central Business District to Bedok and Tampines.
Booking your rides on BusNow is easy:
- Tell us where to pick you up, and where you want to go and select the ride offer you prefer.
- Your bus is now on its way. Follow walking directions in the app to your pick-up bus stop.
- When the bus is reaching your bus stop, swipe your ticket to receive your boarding code.
- Yay! Your bus is here! Show your boarding code to your Bus Captain for verification and pay for your ride via cash, CEPAS cards, supported bank cards or supported mobile phones onboard.
- Had a nice journey? Don’t forget to alight at your drop-off stop! Track your journey live in-app and get notified when your bus is reaching your destination!
Here’s what you need to know about BusNow’s operating areas:
1) Weekday ODPB services - Marina-Downtown (commencing 17 Dec 2018)
- Operating Hours: 11.00am to 3.00pm and 8.30pm to 11.45pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays)
- Fares: Equivalent to a fixed distance of 3.2km, regardless of distance travelled. Distance-fare transfers and concession fares will continue to apply.
2) Night ODPB services- Central Business District to Bedok and Tampines via Geylang (commencing 4 Jan 2019)
- Operating Hours: 11.30pm to 2.00am on Fridays, Saturdays and eve of public holidays
- Fares: $4.50
Find out more about our operating areas at the bottom of the booking screen or in the FAQ section within the BusNow app.
Ride smarter, ride better with BusNow!