* Text without having to look down at your phone ? * Write and edit documents on your phone or tablet as fast on your laptop ?
Well, now you can! The Flicboard gives you the ability to type on your phone at more than 45 words per minute without having to glance down at the keyboard. It's fast and runs on most Android smartphones and tablets. Eyes free operation makes it possible to easily compose emails, send texts, or take notes while in a meeting or classroom or while with friends. The combination of speed and eyes-free operation makes the type of serious work, normally done on a laptop or desktop, possible on your smartphone or tablet.
* Speed - Over 45 words per minute demonstrated(without auto-completion).
* Eyes free operation - Since there are no tiny "keys" to hit your eyes are free for other tasks. This makes the FlicBoard ideal for reading text while copying, interviews, and taking notes in a meeting or class. FlicBoard is also useable by the sight impaired.
* Word Completion - FlicBoard uses a 6000 word dictionary to present the most likely word completions.
* Word fragments - FlicBoard recognizes 14 unique gestures for commonly used word fragments like "ing", "the", and "ou".
Rather than tapping on tiny keys, the FlicBoard uses a series of swipes and taps to compose text. The gestures are simple to perform and easy to learn. A few simple one finger gestures, consisting of taps and swipes, are used in combination with one, two or three fingers to allow a unique gesture for each character or shift entered.
Of course these gestures, as with the key positions in touch typing, must be learned. To aid in the learning process, the FlicBoard displays a table under your fingers that tells you how to make the correct gesture. Later, after the gestures have been learned, it can be used as a lookup for more obscure characters and punctuation. Eyes free operation is possible because you don't have to accurately touch a specific area on the screen. The fingers need only fall within the active area of the keyboard to be recognized. Once the gestures are learned, text can be entered very quickly without even looking at the screen.
The fact that the swipes can be as short as a few millimeters makes high speed typing possible. Thus far the FlicBoard has been demonstrated at 45 words per minute (without auto word completion) and higher speeds are entirely possible.