Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE THE APP - WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WE COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
enables stay awake,
- if plugged in to AC/USB
To work the stay awake "if plugged in to AC/USB" mode, please unplug your device from AC/USB and check the box; then plug in again.
- viewing map when driving a car
- playing movies or slideshow
- developing apps
* may not work on custom ROM.
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
Devices have a screen timeout that is used to prevent screens from using all your battery while you're not using your device, this is quite useful but often it can interfere with the usability of the device and turn off your screen while you're using it.
Wakey will keep your screen awake when you need it the most, allowing you to have a smooth experience
while using your phone or tablet
The app has several premium features that will make your life even easier
AutoWake is the most popular feature in Wakey, it helps you automate the process
of keeping the screen awake.
You just have to choose which apps should keep your screen awake and enable AutoWake
Let's say you chose the browser app and news reading app, whenever you use those apps, Autowake will enable Wakey and your screen will stay on while using those apps, as soon as you leave the app your screen will restore it's default screen timeout.
ChargeWake will keep your phone awake when it's charging
CpuWake will keep only your CPU awake (not the screen), this is useful when downloading large files or performing
some background work, when you finish the task turn it off or the cpu will stay on and use battery
Other features in the app include, brightness controller, ability to dim the screen while awake (free), theming of the app
and a timer(free).
The premium features can be purchased with in app purchase, you can buy all of them in the premium package (best value + all future features) or purchase them separately if you prefer
Keeping your screen awake can be useful for a lot of things, like:
●Using your phone/tablet as digital photoframe
●Showing photos to your friends and family
●Reading an ebook
●Reading the news
●Browsing the web
●Checking your email
●Following a recipe when you're cooking
●Showing a desk clock
and many more.
Wakey is memory and battery friendly, it will keep the screen awake only when you need it, when you don't need it anymore just tap the bulb, or turn it off from the notification.
You can also enable and disable it from the widget
WARNING!: Wakey might misbehave with task killers or if you swipe it away from the recent apps.
If you experience problems please email me ;)
Keep your screen on with Wakey.
It offers five options,
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
Supports Landscape mode
Please update to version 1.2.2
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
KeepScreen block screen timeout when predefined applications are active.
Save your battery with short timeout but have great user experience with preselected "no timeout" apps. Usefull for reading mail, browsing, or guide with Google maps.
update : luminosity prefs
1. WiFi off if screen off (White widget)
2. WiFi on if screen off (Green Widget)
3. WiFi on if screen off & charging (Amber Widget)
Delete existing widgets and re-add them to show new icons
The app does _not_:
- Turn on your wi-fi automatically. It just keeps it enabled if you have turned it on yourself through any other automatic or manual means.
- do special things to manage turning off wi-fi. There haven't been any reports of wi-fi not turning off when specified so that is left to Android built-in policies
Explanation for permissions requested:
Modify Global Settings: To modify wi-fi policy settings
View WiFi State: To check current wifi state
Change WiFi State: For a work around that needs to reset your wifi connection on some devices
Prevent phone from sleeping: Some devices need a partial or full wake lock in order to keep the wifi running
Full Internet Access: This is again for a workaround that requires pinging your gateway or another address. Without requesting this permission, the pinging fails. The app DOES NOT use the internet for accessing anything else and DOES NOT send or receive any data to/from the internet.
Receive Boot event: Used to keep the application working across phone reboots if needed.
Reddit username: shantzg001
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
- One click to active the widget and keep the screen on
- One click to deactivate the widget and restore the default screen behavior.
It's as simple as that!
Keep in mind that keeping the screen on drains the battery.
*Screen on when charge option
NOTE: This does not change system brightness, only the brightness while the app is running!
Email me with any problems.
Thanks go to @voxmjw for the icon.
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
- To use Sleepless in APP on Android 5.0 or above, you must go to "Settings -> Security -> Apps with usage access" and enable access of "Sleepless in APP"
- Android 5.0 disabled old method to get top APP, so need to enable this access to make Sleepless in APP work.
Keep screen on for your specific APP. Select an APP, then your device will NOT sleep when you are using this APP.
For example, when you're using Google Map or selected APP, your device will always awake and not auto-sleep.
You can select any of your installed APP, while these APPs are using, the device will always awake until you leave the selected APP or pressing the power button.
For example, while your are using Google Map, it is annoying that device automatically screen off all the time.
Using this APP can prevent the screen from turning off when you are using any of your specified APP!
How it work: This APP will detect the foreground APP you're using, if the foreground APP is the selected APP (Ex: Google Map), this APP will hold a full wake lock to prevent device from suspend. After you leave the foreground (or press power button to sleep), will release the full wake lock.
Keywords: Not screen off, avoid auto suspend, wake lock, prevent screen turn off, avoid device sleep, keep screen on, prevent sleep, prevent screen timeout, avoid screen timeout, prevent sleep, avoid screen turn off
It will allow non technical users to easily start apps on events like:
• Device Boot
• Power AC/USB
• Desktop Dock
• Car Dock
Automate tasks like:
• Automatically start applications when you reboot your device.
• Easily start your nightstand clock app when you dock your device and lower your device brightness.
• Start your favorite music player when you plug your headset and go back to your launcher when you unplug them.
Auto Exec! allow you to specify applications to launch when an action starts. Donators can also specify applications to launch when an action ends and can adjust the the brightness level when an action start and ends.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application. Stay Alive donators will automatically get a 10% rebate for their support!
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information to help you.
Support Forum: Soon
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to change device brightness settings
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Auto Exec!, Tasker, Task, Automation, Automate, Triggers, Job, Manager