Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE THE APP - WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WE COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
enables stay awake,
- if plugged in to AC/USB
To work the stay awake "if plugged in to AC/USB" mode, please unplug your device from AC/USB and check the box; then plug in again.
- viewing map when driving a car
- playing movies or slideshow
- developing apps
* may not work on custom ROM.
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
Devices have a screen timeout that is used to prevent screens from using all your battery while you're not using your device, this is quite useful but often it can interfere with the usability of the device and turn off your screen while you're using it.
Wakey will keep your screen awake when you need it the most, allowing you to have a smooth experience
while using your phone or tablet
The app has several premium features that will make your life even easier
AutoWake is the most popular feature in Wakey, it helps you automate the process
of keeping the screen awake.
You just have to choose which apps should keep your screen awake and enable AutoWake
Let's say you chose the browser app and news reading app, whenever you use those apps, Autowake will enable Wakey and your screen will stay on while using those apps, as soon as you leave the app your screen will restore it's default screen timeout.
ChargeWake will keep your phone awake when it's charging
CpuWake will keep only your CPU awake (not the screen), this is useful when downloading large files or performing
some background work, when you finish the task turn it off or the cpu will stay on and use battery
Other features in the app include, brightness controller, ability to dim the screen while awake (free), theming of the app
and a timer(free).
The premium features can be purchased with in app purchase, you can buy all of them in the premium package (best value + all future features) or purchase them separately if you prefer
Keeping your screen awake can be useful for a lot of things, like:
●Using your phone/tablet as digital photoframe
●Showing photos to your friends and family
●Reading an ebook
●Reading the news
●Browsing the web
●Checking your email
●Following a recipe when you're cooking
●Showing a desk clock
and many more.
Wakey is memory and battery friendly, it will keep the screen awake only when you need it, when you don't need it anymore just tap the bulb, or turn it off from the notification.
You can also enable and disable it from the widget
WARNING!: Wakey might misbehave with task killers or if you swipe it away from the recent apps.
If you experience problems please email me ;)
Keep your screen on with Wakey.
It offers five options,
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
Supports Landscape mode
Please update to version 1.2.2
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
KeepScreen block screen timeout when predefined applications are active.
Save your battery with short timeout but have great user experience with preselected "no timeout" apps. Usefull for reading mail, browsing, or guide with Google maps.
update : luminosity prefs
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
NOTE: This does not change system brightness, only the brightness while the app is running!
Email me with any problems.
Thanks go to @voxmjw for the icon.
1. WiFi off if screen off (White widget)
2. WiFi on if screen off (Green Widget)
3. WiFi on if screen off & charging (Amber Widget)
Delete existing widgets and re-add them to show new icons
The app does _not_:
- Turn on your wi-fi automatically. It just keeps it enabled if you have turned it on yourself through any other automatic or manual means.
- do special things to manage turning off wi-fi. There haven't been any reports of wi-fi not turning off when specified so that is left to Android built-in policies
Explanation for permissions requested:
Modify Global Settings: To modify wi-fi policy settings
View WiFi State: To check current wifi state
Change WiFi State: For a work around that needs to reset your wifi connection on some devices
Prevent phone from sleeping: Some devices need a partial or full wake lock in order to keep the wifi running
Full Internet Access: This is again for a workaround that requires pinging your gateway or another address. Without requesting this permission, the pinging fails. The app DOES NOT use the internet for accessing anything else and DOES NOT send or receive any data to/from the internet.
Receive Boot event: Used to keep the application working across phone reboots if needed.
Reddit username: shantzg001
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
ATTENTION: If the app does not work on your device upon installation due to third party modifications, you can uninstall app within Google Play 15 min trial period to avoid being charged. Reverting to Stock Android or system upgrade might resolve issue. This app has been tested fully functional on devices listed below (list updated regularly).
HELPFUL GUIDE: Tap Settings button to disable/change Notifications or to set customized shake profile settings. ALWAYS deactivate then activate service to apply changes. Tap service LED indicator button for info on adding on/off button widget to HOME screen. To activate service, select shake profile and tap Activate button which will pin the service to the notification status bar and cause a notification sound indicating service is active. To get back to the main app, tap the wake up icon in the status bar. If activated, Wake Up Screen service will remain active even after rebooting tablet or phone. To deactivate service run the app again and tap deactivate button or use the widget button. Tap Help button for full instructions.
SMART APP FEATURE: If the screen wakes up and no user activity detected, the screen goes back to sleep after few seconds! You can easily change sensitivity profiles: wake up the screen as you pick up the device (High Sensitivity) or after few to many shakes (Less Sensitivity)! Service indicator LED and on/off widget button! Battery Saver Period setting (optional)!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
1. This app requires shake algorithm enabled devices.
2. This app requires “boot” and “keep screen on” permissions upon installations.
3. This app may not function on rooted devices or third party ROMs that disable “wake screen” activity.
4. This app uses between 4 to 8% of battery power and about 7 MB memory which is very low compared to system use. If needed, you can easily deactivate app processes to save battery use with the service on/off widget button.
5. This app does not alter security settings or lock screen configurations.
Finally: We encourage our users to contact us via email to discuss any concerns or suggestions regarding the app, if any. We cannot address review comments due to the fact that most negative comments that are left without prior contact with the developer are placed with the intent to lower app ratings and misguide the consumer.
App Statistics - Tested & works on:
4.1 - 4.2 - 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
4.0 - 4.0.2 - 4.0.3 - 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich - ICS)
3.2 (Honeycomb - HC)
2.3.3 + (Gingerbread)
2.2 - 2.2.1 (Froyo)
Acer: Iconia Tab A200 Picasso E , Picasso Tablet
ASUS: Eee Pad Transformer TF101 , TF201
Google: Nexus 4 (Mako) , Nexus 7 (Grouper)
HTC: One S (Ville) , One X (Endeavor) , Evo 3D (shooter), Evo 4G (Supersonic) , Evita , Incredible 2 (VIVOW) , Incredible S (VIVO) , Nexus One (Passion) , Rezound , Sensation 4G (Pyramid) , Thunderbolt (Mecha), Desire HD (Ace)
Huawei: MediaPad hws7300u
LG: VS840 Lucid 4G (Cayman) , Revolution, Spectrum (LGE VS920 4G)
Mach Speed: Trio Stealth G2
Motorola: Droid RAZR , Droid RAZR Maxx 4G , Droid 2 Global , MOTOACTV
Samsung: Conquer 4G , Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) , Galaxy Note (GT-N7000), Galaxy S3 , Galaxy S2 , Galaxy S, Galaxy Y
Novero: Solana Tablet/Netbook
Sony: Ericsson SEMC Xperia Arc S , Xperia P (LT22i)
Velocity Micro Cruz T103
Copyright 2012 wildroid.com
For users who have purchased this app. You can unlock the pro features by:
1. Keep this app installed.
2. Download the lite from:
3. Open up the lite and you will see all the pro features unlocked.
Thanks. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me:
SmartStay Ex is an easy to use and free app that implements one of the coolest features in Samsung Galaxy S3, the Smart Stay. The feature uses the front facing camera to detect whether the user is looking at the phone and if the user is, then Smart Stay makes sure the phone screen stays on so the user can continue to read or do whatever they were doing. If not, it’ll shut the screen off. It thus more accurately controls the screen based on how the user is using it and you can get rid of the annoying action of having to turn on the screen or touch the screen so that your screen stays on.
* Double checking - preventing screen off from accidental fail detection with double checking feature.
* Idle time feature - allows app to intelligently run the scanning when the device is idle.
* [PRO]Low Light support - Help the app to function properly under low light environment.
* [PRO]Exception List - This allows you to specify which app you don't want the app to run on.
* Debug Mode - Allows you to easily see what went wrong with the detection.
* Customizable Polling Time - Enable you to specify the time out customization (based on your display time out)
* Premium Support.
****** PLEASE TRY THE LITE TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS BEFORE BUYING THE PRO VERSION ******
Please don't comment on google play, we are unable to provide a guide or solution here. Send an email to me, i will respond ASAP.
Keywords: Iseeyou, smart stay, Samsung.
keepscreen keep screen power
StayLit Wear lets you adjust the time until the display goes dark after the watch has been waked (i.e. the time the display stays on after you have tapped the screen, moved the watch, or pressed the button). Choose from a range of values of up to 60 seconds.
USAGE: After installing the app on your phone, please allow approx. 45 seconds for the app to be pushed to your watch. In order to adjust the backlight timeout, open the StayLit Wear app on your watch by tapping the screen until the red Google icon appears and the prompt to "Speak Now“. Now swipe up and scroll down the list all the way until you see the entry "Start“. Tap on it, and scroll down the list of apps until you see "StayLit Wear“. Tap on it to open the Extended Backlight settings. There, scroll down (and up) for the list of values. Choose a setting by tapping on it. Deactivate StayLit Wear by selecting "off“ in this list. (NOTE: Due to an issue with Wear 5.0, on some devices, it may be necessary to re-select the desired light timeout each time you change the watchface.)
INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING: After having been installed on the phone, the app should show up in the phone's Application Manager (in Settings > Options). However, it does not show up in the phone's app drawer (since all settings are done on the watch). On the watch, the app should show up in the Start... menu. If you are having problems installing or running the app, please contact me - I will be happy to help!
NOTE: Setting a significantly longer backlight timeout will reduce battery life. We recommend switching the display’s "Always On" mode to "Off“ (available through long-pressing the watch's button) while using StayLit Wear with a longer backlight timeout. (However, a few seconds of backlight more do not affect battery life greatly, and will already make watchfaces more enjoyable - especially animated ones...)
It will allow non technical users to easily start apps on events like:
• Device Boot
• Power AC/USB
• Desktop Dock
• Car Dock
Automate tasks like:
• Automatically start applications when you reboot your device.
• Easily start your nightstand clock app when you dock your device and lower your device brightness.
• Start your favorite music player when you plug your headset and go back to your launcher when you unplug them.
Auto Exec! allow you to specify applications to launch when an action starts. Donators can also specify applications to launch when an action ends and can adjust the the brightness level when an action start and ends.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application. Stay Alive donators will automatically get a 10% rebate for their support!
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information to help you.
Support Forum: Soon
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to change device brightness settings
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Auto Exec!, Tasker, Task, Automation, Automate, Triggers, Job, Manager