“Flexitarian” is a term recently coined to describe those who eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally eat meat.
A relatively new term, flexitarian comes from a
combination of the words "flexible" and "vegetarian."
Following a flexitarian diet simply means eating more plant-based meals and less meat.
There's plenty of scientific evidence to support the healthfulness of a diet made up mostly of plant foods.
Should you be a flexitarian?
By Jennifer Nelson, M.S., R.D. and Katherine Zeratsky, R.D.
The recently released 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans urge Americans to eat a plant-based diet. Plant-based diets have many health benefits. With their emphasis on fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes and nuts, this way of eating is rich in fiber, vitamins and other nutrients.
Does this mean you have to become a vegetarian? Not necessarily, though, people who follow a vegetarian diet generally eat fewer calories and less fat, weigh less and have lower cholesterol levels than do nonvegetarians.
You can still eat meat, poultry and fish in moderation as part of a plant-based diet if you're willing to be flexible.
Flexitarian Diet - Benefits - Health, weight-loss, and economical lifestyle.
This App takes you though the theory of Flexitarian Eating, to the
lifestyle adjustments and the recipes offered for you to immediately bring
a healthy change to your life and also that of your family.
Download this App now for easy to understand 'How-to be Flexitarian' through
Videos, Websites, Blogs, FaceBook, Recipe Links and more...
Have Fun... Live Healthy!
With Sweet'N'Spicy Veg Recipes you can
1. You can browse through all the Categories, Sub Categories and find recipes in each of them.
2. Find the List of Ingredients, Instructions for each recipe along with previous user comments
3. You always have the flexibility to find Alternate recipes for every recipe in case if you don't like one.
4. Includes Calories and Allergies information for most of the recipes.
5. Search Recipes by Food Name, Category, Cooking Time etc. You can even search just video recipes.
6. Discover interesting and relevant cooking tips along each recipe.
7. You can find beneficial health tips (natural remedies) from the recipe ingredients.
7. Organize your favorite recipes in My Favorites.
8. You can Ask us question either related to a recipe or general cooking stuff.
9. New to Indian Food? Basics will be handy.
10. Checkout Community section to figure out what others do in Sweet'N'Spicy.
11. Rate and review recipes with pictures. Share recipes with your friends.
12. Print your favorite recipe
13. Include delicious recipes for popular Indian Festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Deepavali etc
Note: This app doesn't include recipes with Egg.
Our Recipes and Nutrition app is your solution. It is both an amazing recipe finder and the only place where you can compare and select over a million recipes from hundreds of web-sites for calorie, diet and nutrition information.
We’ve prepped the ingredients. You make the cooking. Here is a step by step of how it works:
1. You type in your search. Maybe you’ve seen a new inspiring vegetable at the grocery store; or feel like baking vegan and gluten-free cookies. Or maybe, you want to get creative in the kitchen and find a new great recipe for high protein, low calorie meal. Whatever the case, we have the answer.
2. Select a filter. We handle all the major nutrition and calorie needs. Make your selection before you hit search or after you find some recipes. It’s up to you. Here are some of our most popular filters.
– High Protein
– Gluten Free
– Dairy Free
– Low Carb
– Low Fat
– Recipes Between 200 and 400 Calories
3. We deliver the results. Our algorithm brings up on top the highest quality recipes from the top web-sites such as Epicurious, Food & Wine, 101 Cookbooks, Simply Recipes and many more. No need to browse back and forth. We’ve done the work of bringing up the best and highest quality.
4. See and compare. We’ve made it super easy to browse through the results. All recipes have great photos and you can quickly go through the top results and compare for nutrition and ingredients. Each recipe has a full nutritional profile, so you can see not only the calorie, protein, fat and carb content, but also the values and recommended daily intake for many essential micro nutrients and minerals. That’s why we call it Recipes and Nutrition app!
5. Go shopping. Each recipe has a list of ingredients with easy checkboxes for convenient grocery shopping. You don’t even need to write down a grocery list. Just bring your phone or tablet to the store, find the recipe you want and shop for it using our app. The time you save on planning and shopping, you can spend making delicious and nutritious meals in the kitchen.
Yours in the kitchen,
The Edamam Team
Thus we have launched this app for healthy food recipes which are easy to cook and quick to process so you can serve healthy meals to your family while also add taste to the green leafy vegetables and other healthy food recipes and keep your taste buds and your family happy.
Some of the Healthy Food Recipes video tutorials that we have included in this app are as follows:
Grilled fish and Saute spinach
Fat burning foods recipes
Natural banana pancakes
Cabbage soup diet recipe
Turkey wrap recipe
Healthy lunch ideas
Bibimbap korean recipe
Masala green beans
Omelette with spinach
Home made tomato sauce pasta
Carrot and coriander soup
Egg omelette courgette salad
Healthy food for kids lunch box recipes
Healthy breakfast recipes
Healthy thai salmon burgers
Stew lentils chorizo potatoes
Stringless beans and potatoes
Warm potato salad and vinaigrette
Scallop vegetable recipe
Whole foods recipe
Bitter melon recipe
Beef teriyaki bowl recipe
and many more...
So just download this app and get easy to make healthy food recipes on your phone now !! Do review our app and drop us a mail in case you wish to have any modifications in the app or have any useful suggestions for us.
Disclaimer: This app indexes videos uploaded on YouTube in a convenient way. All the videos available are publicly shared on YouTube and we have not uploaded any content ourselves. You can mail us if you own any content and want it to be removed.