- Culinary Dictionary - for use in your Kitchen.
- Cooking Converter - with great user-friendly interface.
- Learn the fundamentals of the culinary arts, including knife skills, basic cooking methods, making sauces and emulsions, and the essentials of food safety.
ChefSteps exists to inspire creativity and encourage expertise in the kitchen. Drawing on our years of combined culinary experience, we create hands-on online classes and original recipes that are helpful, informative, and entertaining. We don’t tell you how to sharpen your knife, butcher a halibut, or make macarons from scratch, we show you.
Whether you’re a home cook, a professional chef, or just love watching cooks work, ChefSteps will help you cook smarter.
What is Precision Cooking?
Once limited to the world's best restaurants, precision cooking (commonly referred to as sous vide) is now the fastest growing kitchen appliance category. The Anova Precision Cooker represents the next evolution of precision cooking technology, making it easy and affordable for everyone to reap the benefits of this type of cooking. Precision cooking is extremely easy. It usually involves these three simple steps:
1. Attach the Anova Precision Cooker to a pot and set time and temp using the app or the device interface. Using the app, simply find what you're cooking and hit "start."
2. Put food in a ziplock bag and clip it to the side of the pot. The circulator moves water around the pot, ensuring a consistent temperature throughout.
3. Finish with a quick sear or broil, or even throw it on the grill for a nice, crispy finish.
The Advantages of Precision Temperature Cooking
Precision cooking produces results that are impossible through any other technique. Precision cooking gives important advantages over traditional methods, including the following benefits:
• Consistent results
• Taste and texture
• Food waste reduction
• Flexibility during cook
• Healthier meals
Don’t have a Precision Cooker? Get one here for $50 off using code LUVDAD, or share the Anova Love and get Dad the perfect gift: http://store.anovaculinary.com/products/anova-precision-cooker?utm_source=kickstarter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bof-luvdad
Key App Features:
• Pairs with the Anova Precision Cooker via Bluetooth
• Operates the device remotely when connected and within range (set your time, temperature, and toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius)
• Calibrates the Precision Cooker temperature to the nearest .01 degree F/C
• Provides exclusive access to our library of recipes featuring James Beard award-winning chefs, renowned cookbook authors, food editors, television personalities, and more
• Choose a recipe and press play! Once you’re paired with the device, simply select what you’d like to cook and press play to automatically set the device to the required time and temperature settings
• Receive push notifications when the device is preheating, reached temperature, and when the timer has finished
• Sort recipes by category
• Save recipes to your "favorites"
• Android 4.3, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
• The Anova Precision Cooker
Food Dictionary contains information about food and food ingredients. The Dictionary is divided into categories like Vegetables, fruits, spices, cereals, meat, greens, etc. Each category lists the related food items. These entries give a brief overview of the item and provides links to explore further.
The App contains a useful search feature where you can search for entries across all categories.Nutrition Information added.
*** Food Dictionary now contains more than 2000 + entries, spread across 24 categories***
Food Categories include Breads, Buns, Cereals, Cheese, Condiments, Dairy Products, Dips, Fish Sauces, Fruits, greens, Ingredients, Kitchen ware, Meat & Meat Products, Nuts, Oils, Root Vegetables, Sauces, Sausages, Sea Food, Spices, Vegetables, Nutrition, Food Additives & Cooking Terms / Glossary.
Cook with Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri and more. Check out helpful recipe and How-To Videos on select recipes. Save your favorite Food Network recipes, access your own personal recipes saved on FoodNetwork.com, add ingredients to your SHOPPING LIST and more with the new and improved RECIPE BOX.
NEW RECIPES added every month.
THOUSANDS OF RECIPES, VIDEOS AND PHOTOS from your favorite Food Network chefs and shows, making it fun and easy to cook like the pros.
WATCH HELPFUL RECIPE VIDEOS on select recipes.
SEARCH BY CHEF OR INGREDIENT to fit your needs and tastes.
BROWSE REGULARLY UPDATED SEASONAL COLLECTIONS, including:
- Fan Favorites
- Quick & Easy
SAVE FAVORITE RECIPES TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED RECIPE BOX:
- Save Food Network recipes and access your personal recipes as well as recipes from other websites to create a one-stop-shop for all your favorite recipe content.
- Share with friends and family straight from the Recipe Box via Facebook, Twitter and email.
ADD YOUR OWN NOTES, TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS to each recipe for quick and easy reference.
ADD INGREDIENTS AND OTHER SHOPPING ITEMS TO YOUR PERSONAL SHOPPING LIST, which you can access even without a network connection.
SHARE recipes on Facebook, Twitter and via email.
USE THE UNIT CONVERTER to easily convert your recipes by volume or weight.
USE MULTIPLE COOKING TIMERS to keep tabs on several recipes at once.
READ USER RATINGS AND REVIEWS for individual recipes to discover what other Food Network fans loved or changed about each dish.
Please note that videos are only available for playback in the United States due to licensing restrictions.
Compatible with Android 2.2 and above. Optimized for Android handsets, 7" and 10" tablets.
- Recipe Box: Syncs with your Allrecipes Recipe Box! Recipes feature step by step instructions, home cook reviews with awesome tips, photos, nutrition and more.
- Videos: More than a thousand mobile-friendly recipe videos with step-by-step cooking instructions.
- Seasonal Recipes: Get inspired by special seasonal recipes that change daily.
- Shopping List: Add recipes or ingredients to your shopping list, and cross them off at the store.
- Sharing: Write reviews, add photos, pin, post, text, and email your cooking victories.
- Super Search: Search by dietary need, cooking time, and even the ingredients you do and don't want. Or, use Dinner Spinner (phone only) to shake things up!
Last but not least, a fun new look and feel!
Evernote Food helps you remember the food you love. From discovering great recipes and restaurants to capturing your memorable food experiences, Evernote Food is the one app you need to remember your life in food.
• Explore the best recipes from across the web and save them to My Cookbook to try later
• Find great restaurants near you or anywhere in the world; add them to your wish list or book a reservation
• Document your food experiences through photos, notes, & locations
• Share your meals with friends through e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or links
Bonus: Since Evernote Food is part of Evernote, recipes you clip using Evernote Web Clipper on your desktop will also appear in the the My Cookbook section of the app. Use tags to organize them based on diet and ingredients.
Additionally, anything you save in Evernote Food will show up in Evernote on any device you use.
What's new in Evernote Food 2.0
• Explore Recipes - Thousands of recipes from the best food sites to browse, search, and save.
• My Cookbook - Recipes you save in the app, plus ones you've clipped or saved in Evernote, show up here, making them easy to find from any device.
• Restaurants - A location-based list and map view of restaurants that lets you clip and save the ones you want to try and see all the spots you've visited.
• My Meals - A photographic journey through all of your past meals and food adventures.
Here are just a few ways you can use Evernote Food:
• Build your own online cookbook using My Cookbook, where you can save favorite and new recipes you want to try.
• Document each step of recipe preparation with photos and captions, from new creations to family traditions you want to preserve.
• Discover restaurants by location or cuisine and create a list of ones to visit in your city and for travel destinations. Book your table within the app using OpenTable.
• Remember culinary journeys using My Meals. Add images and notes on the food, wine, people, and ambience that make trips memorable.
• Capture your food memories of special restaurant or home-cooked meals enjoyed with family and friends. Take note of dishes you love so you can order them again.
Learn more: http://evernote.com/food/
Follow Evernote Food on Twitter: twitter.com/evernote
A Protein (choose between meat and vegetarian options)
A Seasonal Vegetable
A "Special Item"
A Cooking Method.
Open the App, and tap Spin!
If you want to change a single item, tap Spin Me! next to that item. Go shopping, then make a recipe. Need inspiration? Tap Recipe Search.
Tap the item name for a Google search, share the challenge with your friends!
In the culinary category there are also two basic classes of people as I see it: the Bakers and the Cooks. Baking is a very precise science. Flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, milk, buttermilk, flavorings, shortening, oil, butter or other ingredients are used in a variety of ways in baked goods recipes, but they interact with each other in very specific ways. Measurements have to be precise or it's disasterville in the kitchen.
Commercial bakers even weigh their ingredients to assure they're using just the right amount. Cookbooks have recipes that are tested and re-tested until the directions shown, if followed, will result in a tasty dish. There is very little room for personal variations unless the baker has a great deal of experience. When we see a famous chef on TV appearing to simply mix in this and that in a somewhat carefree manner, it's just because he or she has put in a great deal of time learning basic measurements and techniques that yield that mouth-watering masterpiece.
When you're looking for something quick, easy, and yummy to prepare as a breakfast treat you can never go wrong with a quick bread. A quick bread doesn't require yeast. Instead it uses other leaveners such as baking...
While various baking powders were sold in the first half of the 19th century, our modern variants were discovered by Alfred Bird in 184August Oetker, a German pharmacist, made baking powder very popular when he began selling his mixture to housewives. The recipe he created in 1891 is still sold as Backin in Germany. Oetker started the mass production of baking powder in 1898 and patented his technique in 1903.
It takes a lot of stuff to bake. There are all of the ingredients that make up the dishes. There are also all of the pots and pans and bowls that are necessary for different stages of baking. Lastly, there are the mixers and food processors and other technology that are either necessary or extremely helpful.
For those who aren’t sure what is needed, websites such as the one for the Food Network as well as other sites can tell you all the essential items. And finding baking supplies has never been easier. Many areas have large kitchen stores that stock all kinds of equipment and accessories. For everything else, websites like amazon.com and a few others will help you fill in the gaps. Even the local supermarket often has a lot of the baking supplies that are commonly used. Once you get all of the supplies, the baking can commence.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP WAS INITIALLY RELEASED IN MAY 2012 AS PROOF-OF-CONCEPT TO PROVIDE A GLIMPSE INTO YIZRI'S VISION OF NAVIGATING THE WEB AND ANY WEBSITE HANDS-FREE & EYES-FREE, BACKED BY 2 PATENTS (3RD ON THE WAY...). SINCE THEN, GOOGLE APPEARS TO HAVE CHANGED ITS SPEECH RECOGNITION SERVICE IN A WAY THAT INTERFERES WITH THE ORIGINAL IMPLEMENTATION. WE ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION & MANY OTHER IMPROVEMENTS. UNTIL THEN, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS APP EXPERIMENTAL. THANK YOU.
Utilizing the latest state-of-the-art text-to-speech and speech-recognition technologies, VoiceSee™ Culinary Pal is the world's first hands-free *and* eyes-free recipes web browser for your Android mobile phone or tablet.
The joy of cooking and baking has risen to new levels, now that you can listen to the ingredients and instructions through self-paced voice commands.
No more printing off recipes, trying to prop open your favorite cookbook, trying to follow a cooking demonstration or risking your computer in the kitchen. No more dirty fingers touching the keypad or transferring bacteria and germs from food to device.
It’s easy – use your voice to tell Culinary Pal™ what recipe you are searching for. Then listen back to Sadie guiding you, step by step. Speak to navigate through the reviews, preparation time and more, via voice only – no need to use your eyes either, because Sadie (the voice of VoiceSee) will be reading you what you need. All you have to do is listen.
You control the pace – you don’t have to scramble to measure two cups of flour and sift three times. You take your time, perform the action and then say, “go!” when you are ready to go to the next step.
Culinary Pal is a cutting-edge aid for cooks and bakers at all levels. It helps you keep your focus on the food by guiding you through the preparation to plating.
Enjoy the "Dick Tracy" access to recipes - HANDS-FREE, EYES-FREE. This is unlike anything you have seen before: Siri doesn't read you websites. VoiceSee does! Screen readers don't listen. VoiceSee does!
There are also usage FAQs at:
1. When prompted to speak, always wait one or two seconds after the low tone double-beep.
2. Sometimes, you may need to repeat the answer in order to be heard.
3. To interrupt Sadie in the middle of her speech, touch the Search button or SHAKE your phone.
(note: only interrupts if web page load is NOT in progress)
4. To disable pause-by-shaking, say: "Disable Shake!"
5. When paused, resume speech by saying "continue!"
6. Adjust "Shake Sensitivity" via Settings.
7. Remember the magic word “Sesame!” – If Sadie seems to be ignoring your commands, sounding only double-beep signals, Culinary Pal is most likely in “Sesame mode”. Just say “Sesame!” to re-open the whole set of commands.
8. To disable scrolling & link opening via touch, say: "Disable Touch!". To re-enable, say: "Enable Touch!"
9. To make Sadie speak faster (or slower) say: "Speak faster!" (or "Speak more slowly!").
10. To reset to default speech rate say: "Speak normal!"
11. To accurately spell a search term or phrase, enter SPELL mode by saying: "Let me spell it for you!" (or just "Let me spell!"). Then, spell each letter only after Sadie has acknowledged the recognition of the previous letter.
12. To exit SPELL mode, say: "finish spelling", "end spelling" or "spelling complete".
13. If you're not sure what to say, just say: “Help!”
To use a headset with PAUSE/PLAY, NEXT & PREV buttons, press:
1. PAUSE/PLAY (middle) to pause. Press it again to continue.
2. NEXT (bottom) to immediately skip to the next item in the list.
3. PREV (top) to immediately go back to the previous item in the list.
*Pressing headset buttons while NOT reading an item is not recommended (yet).
Enjoy and keep cooking!
- Voice navigation - e.g. say "Apple Pie" or whatever you're craving for and find thousands of original recipes.
- Recipe navigation - say "Ingredients" or "Next/Previous" while cooking the recipe, it will guide you step by step.
- Thousands of original recipes from real foodies from around the world - every day more & more!
- Recipes available through categories or via search by title or ingredients.
- Cook’d button – let the world know what's cooking in your home :)
- Fav’d button – save the recipes in favorites.
- Want’d buton – collect inspirations in one place.
- Sleek design and countless food ideas.
- International community activities stream.
- Follow foodies and be followed by others.
- Languages: English, Polish.
Find inspiration for your next meal. Access over 350,000 recipes, featured collections and menus, curated by season, holiday, course, lifestyle, diet, and more. Read reviews and ratings by fellow home cooks to help you decide what’s for dinner.
Store all your recipes in one place. Save favorites and recipes to try. Add personal recipes or clip from your favorite sites.
Grocery shopping made smart and easy. BigOven will convert your recipes into a simple list, sorted alphabetically and by department.
Plan this week’s upcoming meals. Share your menu plan via email.
Use Up Leftovers
Use up what’s in your fridge. Type in up to three ingredients, and we’ll show you what you can make.
Enrich your cooking experience with an ad-free BigOven Pro membership. Find recipes that cater to your diet and lifestyle with ingredient-by-ingredient Nutrition Insight and advanced search filters. Create custom folders to store recipes for any occasion. Upload an unlimited number of recipes.
Additionally, if someone you know is in an abusive relationship—or if that someone is you—the Help Section of the application contains complete resources for victims of domestic violence, as well as a way to get help when you need it.
This app does not serve as a replacement for emergency services—in any situation where you feel that you may be at risk, please dial 911 or your local emergency number.
★ The most powerful way to search the recipe sites you love
Why waste time sifting through the wrong recipes? Our unique search filters allow you to find the perfect recipes by cuisine, taste, diet (Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo), nutrition, allergies (dairy, gluten, seafood, and more), cook time, technique, and more – so the recipes you find first are the right ones. No need to worry, we have all of your favorite recipes for cooking from top recipe sites and from the best food blogs like Chow, Serious Eats, and Steamy Kitchen. Find something that meets your tastes and nutrition preferences in a snap.
★ Collect, save and organize your favorite recipes in your digital recipe box
Saving your favorite recipes couldn’t be easier. With the simple tap of a ‘Yum’ button, your faves are stashed for safekeeping in a digital recipe box. Once saved, create personal collections for easy organization, sharing of your recipes, and easy view when cooking and shopping.
★ Discover recipe recommendations, just for you
Set up your taste and nutrition preferences and we’ll only serve up recipes that match. As you use Yummly, like magic, it learns about you like (and don’t like). Yummly will provide you with food recipe recommendations every day that you are sure to love. In a bit of a food rut? Let Yummly help you out with a cornucopia of tasty suggestions for cooking. The more you Yum, the better it gets!
★ Personalized Diets
Have a special diet? Are you trying to eat vegan, paleo, or gluten free? Do you have an allergy to peanuts or shrimp? Do you dislike cilantro? Yummly has you covered! We scour recipes across the web we automatically filter out recipes that don’t match your tastes, allergies, and diets. Simply Yum recipes to easily create diet specific collections in your recipe box.
Sysco Counts simplifies taking inventory and ordering products by allowing the customer to manage everything from his mobile device through one very robust tool. Sysco Counts makes it easy for customers to interact with Sysco, anytime/anywhere, while saving time and minimizing mistakes. And Sysco Counts works both online and offline.
With Sysco Counts, customers can:
· Streamline the inventory process by creating custom storage locations and product categories
· Generate orders based on inventory quantity on hand and par levels
· Easily identify items below par levels with an alert indicator
· Search through catalog quickly and easily
· Barcode scan for accurate searching of products to do inventory and ordering
Sysco Counts is FREE. Just download the app and get with your local Sysco company to get started.
Many of the same practices that deliver the best quality, nutrition and service to customers at the lowest total cost also benefit the environment, promote economic fairness and serve society. As our company continues to grow and the globalization of our world’s food systems increases, sustainability becomes more critical to Sysco’s business. Our sustainability efforts are focused in three key areas where we are able to have the greatest impact: food, operations and community.
To learn more about Sysco’s sustainability program, download our FREE Sustainability app.