A Father’s Blessing is designed to encourage parents to establish a routine of regularly pronouncing biblical blessings over their children. Speaking a blessing over your children in the presence of God—whether regularly at bedtime or at special occasions such as birthdays and weddings—allows you to intentionally seek God’s favor, grace, and power to flow through you into their lives.
As your children hear you bless them day after day, you have the opportunity to express what you desire most for them—that they fear the Lord and delight to do His will. They can hear the hope that the Lord will be their counselor all the days of their lives and can catch a vision for having their names remembered by the Lord forever.
A Father’s Blessing app expands the functionality of A Father’s Guide to Blessing His Children, a booklet published by Truth78 (formerly Children Desiring God), with the following features:
- The 7-chapter booklet, A Father’s Guide to Blessing His Children
- 28 preloaded blessings
- Ability to modify/personalize existing blessings
- Option to add new blessings from a variety of Bible translations
- Tags for organizing blessings (by person, occasion, etc.)
- Ability to send blessing via text or email
- Option to record audio blessings and then send via text or email
- System for marking when blessings are memorized
- Two quizzes, Quick Blanks and Recite Aloud, to help you memorize the blessing:
This app works on Android phones and tablets. All blessings are available for offline viewing.
A Father’s Blessing will help you establish and sustain a pattern for blessing your children (and others) that will encourage and strengthen their faith.