An exceptionally high-quality, interactive game designed by Speech and Language Therapists/Pathologists to help children learn listening and language skills. With thousands of different word and sentence possibilities, Splingo the alien’s spoken instructions will guide your child through a galaxy of language learning.
Your child will practise their listening and language skills by interacting with the images and animations on the screen to follow Splingo the alien’s spoken instructions. As a reward, they will love helping Splingo build a space ship and complete the tasks in order to get him home. His hilarious animated responses will capture your child’s imagination.
Splingo’s instructions range from a very early level of language development, e.g. single word recognition, to much more complex, e.g. instructions combining several aspects of language at once.
A guide to the levels:
• Level 1 -contains instructions of 1 main word and is suitable for children at a developmental level of about 18 months onwards, e.g. “find the apple”
• Level 2 - contains instructions of 2 main words and is suitable for children at a developmental level of about 2-3 years, e.g. “find the red apple”
• Level 3 - contains instructions of 3 main words and is suitable for children at a developmental level of about 3- 4 years and upwards, e.g. “find the big red apple”
• Level 4 - contains instructions of 4 main words and is suitable for children at a developmental level of about 4 years and upwards, e.g. “give the big red apple to the boy”
While your child is experiencing an entertaining, motivating game, you can be reassured that they are learning a variety of different aspects of language, including naming words (nouns), action words (verbs), location words (prepositions), description words (adjectives), e.g. color, size and much more!
The game is completely customizable so you can create a combination of levels and word types to suit your child’s developmental level.
• Children’s interactive game for listening and language skills (iphone, ipad and ipod touch)
• Developed by Speech and Language Pathologists/Therapists and a teacher with collective experience of over 25 years
• Completely customizable so you can create a combination of levels and word types to suit your child’s developmental level.
• High quality images and animations
• Interactive drag and drop gameplay
• Motivating progressive reward system
• Thousands of word and sentence possibilities
• US and UK options based on educational vocabulary
• Option for on-screen written instructions for use as a literacy aid