URL Maestro monitors web sites for up-time, and will raise alerts if they are not responding or returning errors. You simply specify URLs to monitor, and URL Maestro will verify pages are being served correctly.
It also calculates average response time, and generates charts of daily up-time and avg response times.
Absolute minimal battery consumption.
For example, pressing the share button in the YouTube app and selecting 'Copy URL' will copy the videos URL to the clipboard and disregard extra text like the title information.
*This app has no GUI or icon. It is only visible in share menus and Settings->Apps*
How To Use:
-Open an app that uses a share menu
-In the share menu, choose Copy URL
-If a valid URL is found, it will be copied to the clipboard
-Paste the copied URL wherever you would like
If you like this app, please consider purchasing the pro/donate version.
Please contact me!
This app can record URL sent to notification panel. Recent 100 entries are saved. To use it, you need to enable this function from settings.
This app is able to work as plug-in for twicca (Twitter client). In the situation that you are reading your timeline, you can send URL in a tweet to notification panel quickly and open the URL after finished reading timeline.
This app accesses to the Internet to get the page title.
[How to use]
1. Select "Share page" menu in a web browser or other app
2. Select this app
3. The URL is sent to notification panel
Note: The option to share URL will disappear if you select a default browser. The app is only useful for those who want to choose something different every time they open a URL on their device.
NOTE: This app does NOT have its own launcher icon. The only way to "open" it is to long-press a blank area of your home screen and choose to add a shortcut using 'Url Shortcut'. Some new launches hide shortcuts amongst the other widgets. If your launcher has a widgets drawer then you should look in there for a 1x1 Url Shortcut widget.
You should use a good launcher like ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro or Go Launcher which lets your specify custom icons. This means that I don't have to bundle a billion icons with this app.
NOTE 2: Use 'URL Shortcut' and the 'Desktop VisualizeR' to create shortcuts with whatever icons you like:
If you give this app 1 star, you have anger management issues and expect too much from the people around you. You will be unable to find someone to care for you and this will benefit the rest of us by stopping your negative genes from propagating to the rest of the population. If you have problems (with the app, not in general) or suggestions, press the contact button in the Android market app :)
People with anger management issues:
Jeffzda - you've missed the point of this app. The idea is to NOT clog up your browser's bookmarks with more URLs.
Byron - There's no misrouting going on, that's Android not knowing what to do with a mailto: URL. The shortcut this app creates simply has 'data' set to whatever you give it. If I claimed to treat mailto: URLs any different then fair enough, but I didn't. To the anger clinic with you!
Lisa - Lisa, Lisa, Lisa... did you even bother to read the application's description? There is no launcher icon for it, because that isn't how you used it. Do you also know that I can't actually reply to you to help you? Ah well, that's another 1 star attached to this app forever. You've probably uninstalled it already and forgotten about its existence. The Play Store isn't going to forget about that 1 star though :'(
Forked version of "Host Monitor"
-Allows for an optional PATH where the program will do a HTTP HEAD instead of a ping
-Fixes crashes and works in Cupcake 1.5
-New desktop widget summarizes overall status every 15 minutes (long press home screen to add)
Why would you need a (big) web browser to open link that sends you to a Youtube video. Click this youtube link on your Android phone: http://bit.ly/10xGRnq (Then try again after installing this app to see the difference).
Sure, there are other apps that do this, but I think mine has unique features:
* Doesn't get in the way: It's small (~700kb). Minimal, but useful, user interface. Does exactly 1 thing and does it right.
* Handles Facebook's external links. Tired of launching the browser to open a m.facebook.com?l.php URL? No more.
* Handles Youtube's attribution links. These should be handled by the Youtube app (Google's fault). Short URL Resolver handles them for you, so you get to see the video on the Youtube app. No browser involved.
* Handles Tapatalk api click links.
* Handles google.com/url links, used in the Play Store for links in the description.
* Partial support for adf.ly.
Also, it's free, and ad-free. You can make an in-app donation if you feel it's worth it.
It doesn't use any third party service for resolving the URLs. The basic principle is making an HTTP request and determining where it's being redirected.
It's my first public Android App, but I think it's the best of its kind (you can try and prove me wrong X-D)
*Thanks for the comments and the reviews!*
If anyone wants to collaborate by translating the app to another language, you can do it here: http://www.getlocalization.com/shorturlresolver/
XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49590835
The main advantage of a short link is that it is, in fact, short, and can be easily communicated and entered without error.
This applications is using goo.gl to shorten URLs, which is Google's service for URL shortening.
• shorten URLs
• quickly share within the app
• can share the link from web browser(or some other app where you can share URLs, like Google Play) to the app
• history of shortened URLs are stored
• history can be accessed by tapping the button in the upper right corner
• support for material design UI on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
Have a bug report, improvement or feature request? Don't hesitate to contact me.
Use the floating bubble to pop the URL when working in other apps.
Drag the bubble around the screen.
Your list is saved on your device. It's private and secure.
* Swipe list item to delete or edit it
* Use the settings screen to set preferences
* Toggle the sort button to drag and drop items around
* Drag bubble to the right of screen to hide in notification bar
* Share URL from your browser
* Manage you list
* Edit, delete and sort items
* Manually add URLs
* Double tap bubble to hide in notification bar
* Start and stop the Copy Pop service
* Works on over 90% of all Android devices
* Choose to show/hide toast notifications
* Enable/disable list animations
* New Material design navigation drawer
* if you are experiencing problems, please send me a support email from the app
* Please rate the app in the market
This tool is to expand (lengthen) URLs in shared text which you send from your Twitter or RSS reader application to email, chat, etc. You should just pass the text through the "lengthener".
When you share a text with links, do it through this app (choose "URL Lengthener" from the list of share target). The app searches URLs in the shared text and replaces them with longer versions and then shares the modified text again. So then the share targets list appears again, choose the actual target now. Note the app requires Internet access, otherwise URLs stay unmodified.
Very simple minimalistic widget, which displays any text on your Android home screen. It allows multiple instances of the widget and has wide possibilities of settings. This version also includes Tasker / Locale plug-in, which becomes even more powerful tool than ever.
In case you use Tasker/Locale application, I have included plug-in which displays "dynamic" text on your homescreen. Tasker application allows variable replacement, so that it becomes very powerful tool for you if you are familiar with this application.
1. in the TEXT WIDGET set up unique name in advance settings (name, which will be used for communication between widget and Tasker/Locale application)
2. in the Tasker/Locale application create task and include this plug-in. To set up the plug-in, set the same name as used in widget and add any content to be displayed on the Android homescreen.
Should you have any questions related to this widget or integration with Tasker/Locale application, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, use rating for positive/negative feed-back about this application. Not for bugs - I will rather appreciate to receive them via email so that I can try to fix them.
widget, text, tasker, locale, plug-in, minimalistic, homescreen, taptoopen, česky, česká, slovensky, slovenská
This version is a donation version. You can still use it, yet without some functionality. You can always get free version - just search for my applications.
Simple minimalistic widget displaying days of week on your Android homescreen. Many options/settings to choose from.
This version is "donate" version.
Translated into many languages: english, czech (čeština), french (français), spanish (español), german (deutsch), italian (italiano) ... further to come ...
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
widget, week, days, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, weekend, česky, česká