WARNING: Does not work correctly on some Galaxy Tabs 3, namely, the 10.1 Tab 3: users of 7" and 8" Tab tablets have reported that Aedict works correctly for them. Please do not buy this app if you own the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 device.
- allows kanji searching by parts/radicals, SKIP code search and by kanji drawing
- omnibar allows search by kana, romaji and/or english, german, french, Russian, Dutch, Portugalese, Spanish, Hungarian, Slovene, Swedish. Deinflects verbs automatically.
- powerful Japanese search: support for mixing kana and kanji (e.g. search for 見ため will also find 見た目), automatic vowel prolonging, e.g. しゅじん will also find しゅうじん.
- optionally shows romaji instead of hiragana/katakana.
- supports Hepburn, Nihon-Shiki and Kunrei-Shiki
- JLPT/Joyo Quizes, with a simple SRS/Leitner support
- You can store entries in a notepad and practice with notepad quiz.
- Shows stroke order kanji diagrams (courtesy of KanjiVG), allows jlpt/Joyo Quiz kanji draw practice
- Samsung multi-window support, Japanese Names Dictionary support, shows verb conjugations
- Dropbox and OwnCloud integration
- Japanese font for proper character display
- Kotowaza sentences dictionary taken from http://kotowaza.org/
- Export to AnkiDroid
- Add custom tags and colors to any dictionary entry
UPDATE NOTE: When updating Aedict, please also update all dictionaries, to gain access to the new features.
Aedict 3 needs to download the dictionaries which is cca 200mb download - please make sure that you are connected to the WIFI to avoid additional charges. Aedict 3 cannot use dictionaries used by Aedict 2.
Aedict 3 is based on Aedict 2.9 but introduces new Android 4 GUI. Aedict 3 works on Android 2.1 and greater.
For more questions please visit http://aedict.eu/faq.html
• Commonly-used Japanese phrases & vocabularies
• Authentic pronunciation
• Search by keywords using Japanese and English
• Easy to store and manage your favourite items
• Font size adjustment
• No internet connection required
If you are traveling to Japan, make sure you bring this app with you!
- Relevant search results
- Color coded search results based on commonness
- Store words in collections for later study
- Extended conjugation and usage lists for verbs, i-adjectives and na adjectives.
- Example sentences for conjugations and usage of verbs, i-adjectives and na adjectives.
- Phone and tablet layout
- Flashcards (More study activities are coming soon)
- Beautiful kanji stroke order animations
- Explore words by searching by kanji
- Kanji details
- Growing romaji support
Future release features:
- More quizzes and mini games
- Syncing searches, collections and study progress across multiple devices
- Constant tweaking and optimization
- Google Web
- Google Images
- Google News
- Google Books
Learn Japanese is recorded using native speaker and we have tried our best to be authentic in the pronunciation whilst ensuring it is easy to understand. Recommended app for tourists and business people visiting Japan.
We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection the first time to download the database.
This lite version contains about 400 common words and phrases for FREE. Upgrade and unlock all 800 phrases in 18 categories.
* Carefully translated list of essential phrases
* High quality audio pronunciation by native speaker
* Play all phrases automatically in each category
* Ability to adjust font size
* No internet connection required
* Highlight important words with tips
* Store frequently used phrases in favourites
* Search by keywords
* No adverts or annoying popups
The LITE version contains about 400 essential phrases in the following categories
* General conversation
* Directions and places
* Eating out
Upgrade and unlock all 800 phrases in these categories.
* Time and date
* Towns and provinces
* Tourist attractions
* Feeling sick
* Tongue twisters
If you like this app and find it useful please take a few seconds to give us a rating in the Android Market. For comments and suggestions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love getting feedback from users of our apps.
Follow us on twitter : http://www.twitter.com/codegentapps
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE, IPOD, & IPAD
The latest update is a bug fix for tablet layout being wrongly used in phone and crashing when navigating. Those who have update to version 0.3.1 and are having the problem, please update. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.
Topics covered include:
- The Japanese Writing System (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji)
- Basic Japanese Grammar (Particles, Adjective, Verbs, Nouns)
- Essential Japanese Grammar (Polite Forms, Compound, Conditionals, etc.)
- Special Expressions (Causative, Amounts, Honorific, etc.)
- Advanced Topics (Formal Expressions, Volitional, etc.)
This guide was created as a resource for those who want to learn Japanese grammar in a rational, intuitive way that makes sense in Japanese. The explanations are focused on how to make sense of the grammar not from English but from a Japanese point of view.
This guide is an attempt to systematically build up the grammatical structures that make up the Japanese language in a way that makes sense in Japanese. It may not be a practical tool for quickly learning immediately usable phrases such as for travel. However, it will logically create successive building blocks that will result in a solid grammatical foundation. For those of you who have learned Japanese from textbooks, you may see some big differences in how the material is ordered and presented. This is because this guide does not seek to forcibly create artificial ties between English and Japanese by presenting the material in a way that makes sense in English. Instead, examples with translations will show how ideas are expressed in Japanese resulting in simpler explanations that are easier to understand.
* Native japanese pronuntiations
* Configure your own list of vocabulary
* Options and writing exercises
* Practice to write hiragana, katakana and kanji
* No internet connection needed
* Ads free
This free version contains:
* Learning japanese
* Everyday conversation
- Sound play is available if your network is connected. It used google translate api as TTS engine.
- Vocabulary can be added to your favor list.
- You can remember your word in list mode or flash card mode.
- add example sentences with version 2.0, required network connection.
* 10 important adjective & verb conjugations
* Built-in dictionary with over 3000 words (verbs & adjectives)
* 3 difficulty levels with different goals & hints
* 20 achievements (2 for each conjugation)
* Conjugation info & hints
* Color-coded main screen that highlights problematic conjugations
* Per-conjugation statistics
If you're a beginner or intermediate Japanese learner this app is what you need to take your Japanese to a new level! If you're preparing for JLPT this is the wordlist you want to work with!! If you're interested in mobile e-learning and want to take full advantage of your commute or short breaks during the day, you'll want this app on your phone!!!
You'll go through 3000 most common adjectives & verbs, learn their meanings and how to conjugate them. On later difficulty levels you'll practice and test what you've learned with gradually less hints and tips. All words are written in kanji or kana with furigana if it's available, so basic Japanese reading skills are required. All difficulty levels are available right from the start (through long click on each conjugation), so you can choose to just test your knowledge with no tips or explanations. After a few sessions you can easily identify most problematic conjugations thanks to color coded conjugation panels that change depending on your overall performance for that conjugation (red, yellow, green). If you want to perfect your Japanese even further, you can try an additional challenge of unlocking all available achievements.
• Learn over 90 common Japanese phrases classified into 5 categories that are featured as lessons: greetings, general conversation, numbers, directions, and food
• Presents Tagalog phrases with its Japanese translation in romaji and hiragana forms
• Accompanying images illustrate the meaning of the phrases
• After browsing the lessons, test your knowledge about common Japanese expressions by answering the corresponding quizzes. You can also reset the quizzes after completing them
Educate yourself with the Tagalog-Japanese Phrasebook and get a head start on discovering more of the wonders of Japan through its language, customs, and culture. Let's learn Japanese!
KEY BENEFITS: Dictionary lookups made convenient!
• Free offline Japanese-English dictionary
• Displays Japanese word meanings upon copying of the word, from any screen
• Word definitions will appear in a small translucent popup window, which floats on top of the screen
• Customizable appearance - Popup window can be resized, minimized and made translucent
• Use it on demand - Turn Popup Japanese Dictionary on when you want it to listen for copied words, and easily turn it off from the notification bar when you wish to disable the dictionary. Minimize the popup window when you want to conserve screen estate; it will be automatically restored the next time you copy a word.
• Great for learning Japanese and improving JLPT vocabulary - alleviates the chore of switching apps to look up meanings, as Popup Japanese Dictionary fits smoothly into the flow of reading.
• Browse Japanese websites and forums on your favorite browser, be it Chrome, Firefox or the default Android browser, and look up word meanings without leaving your browser screen
• Translate emails by looking up unfamiliar Japanese words using Popup Japanese Dictionary
• Aids Japanese learners in consuming native Japanese material like Japanese forums and websites. Helps in learning JLPT vocabulary.
• Basically, from any app that allows you to select and copy words, Popup Japanese Dictionary can spring to action and display the definition in a window overlay on top of your screen
DETAILED FEATURE LIST
• Free offline Japanese-English dictionary
• When enabled, looks up kanji, hiragana and katakana words that are copied to the Android clipboard
• Displays word definitions in a floating window overlay (aka popup window)
• Able to deinflect most Japanese verb conjugations, to provide you with the base form meaning
• Enable/disable the dictionary at any time, when you want it to start/stop listening for copied words
• Popup window can be minimized and restored at any time
• When minimized, the popup window can automatically redisplay itself when a word is looked up
• Popup window can be moved and resized freely
• Customizable popup window appearance - colors and transparency can be configured
• Free. This app is ad-supported, but we do try to keep it classy with minimal ads
If you like the app, do give us a good rating to encourage our further development. For help and feedback, drop us a mail at email@example.com . Help us plan our next feature roadmap!
This package uses the JMDICT dictionary file. This file is the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and is used in conformance with the Group's licence.
Offline English-Japanese Dictionary
* More than 200.000 entries
* Works offline! No internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available
* Bookmark your favorite translations for fast reference
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Japanese (if installed) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
This app uses the EDICT dictionary file, property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group (http://www.edrdg.org/), and is used in conformance with the Group's license (http://www.edrdg.org/edrdg/licence.html)
This application is supported by ads. If you like the application, please consider upgrading to the ad-free version to support the development. Thanks :)
Q: How can I share a translation?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, Facebook, etc)
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech language?
A: Just go to the app settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
* Japanese (if installed)
Dekisugi (出来過ぎ) is a Japanese word which can be interpreted as "too capable"—something which this app seems to be not.
This dictionary helps you to complete the world's major languages mutual translations. All of this work is in the offline state to achieve.
We are sure this is what you're looking for electronic dictionary.
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* Fast translate! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, Korean,Russian, Spanish,German, Hindi and etc.
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If Dictionary crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
try using Dictionary's preferences to change to the "System default" font.
Dictionary is based on QuickDic code:, and licensed under the Apache License.
QuickDic code: http://code.google.com/p/quickdic-dictionary/
Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
"Think for yourself and your children: Be more versatile in terms of job prospects in the future!"
Asia Opportunities & Japanese are HOT TOPICS. The future is in Asia while Japanese is one of the most popular languages of the world & that Japan remains one of largest economy in the world, learning Japanese language is urgent & important.
Tip for you: THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM!
Learn Japanese ASAP & reach the DOOR OF SUCCESS!
"Japanese Vocabulary" is easiest to use and is a well organized education package to maximize your results, progress and joy in learning Japanese by means of the attractive and interactive interface of flashcard display that shows you useful Japanese words card by card to help your memorization.
✔ ATTRACTIVE FLASHCARD DISPLAYS
✔ COMPREHENSIVE & ESSENTIAL
vocabularies that covers ALL day-to-days conversation and education's needs.
✔ AUTHENTIC PRONUNCIATION
in Japanese for each vocabulary that EDUCATES YOU TO SPEAK as to communicate with other Japanese speakers.
✔ HEAR, READ & LEARN!
ALL vocabularies come with JAPANESE CHARACTER WRITINGS and READING that MAXIMIZES UNDERSTANDING and LEARNING OUTCOME.
✔ CAREFULLY CATEGORIZED
vocabularies that WELL PREPARE you to making a living, communicate with friends and colleagues and have a lot of fun in Japanese.
✔ STORE YOUR FAVORITES
that you can keep favored vocabularies and retrieve easily.
The LITE version contains the essential Flashcards:
If you upgrade to the PRO and get ALL Flashcards
If you require any assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flashcards Keywords: vocabulary, translator, dictionary, learn, translate, lesson, course, vocab and free