Learn to read Japanese with TangoRisto, a Japanese reader for language learners.
With easy to access furigana and English definitions Tangoristo helps you learn Japanese faster.
News articles are updated and processed every day to give you fresh and interesting content to read.
• Sort articles by their difficulty level
• Tap a word to see its English translation
• Furigana for all words + adaptative display by JLPT level
• Highlight vocabulary by its JLPT level
• Verb conjugation identifier
• Bookmark documents to read later
• Bookmark words
• Extracts vocabulary list for each text organized by JLPT level and part of speech
• Quick links to look up each word on reference sites like Jisho.org, Tangorin, Japanese Exchange, etc.
• Universal app, Tangoristo runs on both iPhone and iPad!
• Night mode for a better reading experience in low light.
• Listen to the spoken article text (available mostly on NHK Easy and Hukumusume folk tales).
• NHK News Easy analyzed and updated every day
• NHK News for advanced readers
• Japanese folk tales
• Matcha travel magazine
In other words...
TangoRisto analyzes short Japanese texts from the web to facilitate your reading flow. This app encourages you to read and explore the vocabulary in short texts from the Web. You can review the vocabulary for each text, filter it by your reading level and bookmark your favorite articles.
I find more often than not real learning breakthroughs happen when observing language in context. Hopefully this app will help you to take the knowledge you are acquiring in class or through standard learning materials, and apply it to read real texts.