It provides all the stories and galleries from the Guardian and Observer newspapers, downloaded overnight, ready for reading on your "network challenged" commute.
Android-owning liberals, rejoice! This is the best Guardian app out there.
- fetch the paper in minutes, while you sleep
- extensive tag support
- use any picture as wallpaper
- home screen widget
- advanced personalization features
- live blog support
Email us comments/bugs.
Explore our award-winning multimedia content with videos, podcasts and stunning picture galleries.
Join the conversation: view, recommend, share and submit comments.
Upgrade to the Premium Tier (69p a month) for access to Crosswords, an advert-free experience, and future exclusive features and content.
Full feature list:
- download your homepage and favourites for offline reading with the touch of a button, or schedule a daily download for a time that suits you
- take part with comments and debate
- subscribe to the premium tier for:
- the cryptic and quick crosswords delivered every day direct to your phone
- no adverts
- exclusive future features and content
- live football scores, results and tables for hundreds of English, Scottish, European and international games
- receive alerts for big news stories, exclusives, and goals from your favourite football teams
- navigate by section, topic or contributor and discover related stories in an article
- browse our award-winning audio and video content
- save contributors, topics and sections to your favourites
- add favourites to your homescreen with an expanded view or link
- live, updating coverage of news and sport events
- swipe through stunning full-screen picture galleries
- share articles and galleries using the Android share menu
Information about the permissions we request:
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
We live in momentous times. Decisions we make today will impact on the very survival of our species. How we deal with these challenges will effect the substance of our existence and that of our children. The relationships are complex, the answers elusive, but there is no escaping the fundamental importance of sustaining our planet or that we - right now - are putting that at risk.
And to be part of the debate you need to be informed. World Environment is going to showcase some of the best writing and photography about environmental issues. Every quarter we will bring you hard-hitting reports, in depth articles and glorious photographs. There will be exclusive galleries, great videos and helpful graphics.
Some of the articles will have appeared in print format in The Environment (the journal of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management), others in Geographical (the journal of the Royal Geographical Society) and others will have been commissioned for digital-only World Environment.
Digital is the perfect medium for a magazine which takes the environment seriously. Digital delivery is fast, economic and very sustainable.
ith the free app National Geographic, go to all the news live..
National Geographic provides free maps, photos, videos and daily news stories, as well as articles and features about animals, the environment, cultures, history, education, world music, social network, tools, news & magazines, lifestyle and travel.
Tired of the large adverts and promotions in other apps?
Want a content rich application which allows you to navigate the entire Guardian newspaper?
Well, here it is. Our application includes all of the features in the official Guardian application and more!
* Sign in and comment on all articles
* Share articles to all social media websites including Facebook
* Save articles for offline reading
* Now enabled for full-screen reading!
* Save images and videos to your mobile device
- Current and past issues of Retail Environments Magazine, absolutely free!
- Format just like the print edition you know and love
- Enhancements including slideshows of additional images, video, clickable links, and more.
- Download each issue, then return any time for offline reading.
- Search the archive of available issues.
- Bookmark your favorite articles.
- Share your comments with other readers.
This app includes issues dating back to December 2010. New issues will be available for download bi-monthly.
You'll also receive real-time updates from A.R.E.:
- Industry, association, and people news
- The latest blog postings
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.
Instapaper for Android provides a mobile and tablet-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for tablet and phone screens
- Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
- Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes, subways, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
- Optimized tablet interface
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Folders for organization
- Share via web browser and any app that supports sharing
- Rotation lock
- Download up to 500 articles on your phone or tablet, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Search, via in-app purchase
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
*****Google Play Best of the Best for 2012*****
Pocket lets you take your content with you. Whenever you come across an interesting article, video, or website you want to check out later, you no longer have to send yourself links or bookmark items in your browser. Simply put it in your Pocket.
Once something’s in your Pocket, it automatically syncs across your phone, tablet, and computer so you can view it anytime on any device, without an Internet connection. You can read an article during a flight, see a web page while you wait in line, or watch a video while relaxing at home.
WHAT YOU CAN POCKET
Articles, videos, recipes - anything you find online. It’s easy to save to Pocket from your favorite apps or desktop browser.
If it’s in Pocket, it’s on your phone, tablet, and computer.
EASY ON THE EYES
See your articles, videos, and everything else in a beautiful, easy-to-view layout.
ALL NEW HIGHLIGHTS
Calls out the best and most relevant content in your Pocket for quick browsing.
SAVE FROM ANY APP
Save to Pocket from any app on your Android device. Just tap ‘Add to Pocket’ when sharing a page.
SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE
Easily send to a friend’s Pocket, or share via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
Pocket is free to download and use, and is available on any Android device or tablet.
Save to Pocket with our Browser Extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Questions about requested permissions? See http://getpocket.com/permissions
Learn more: http://www.getpocket.com/
More from developer
Add your favorite web sites, blogs, and social networks like Facebook or
Twitter, and see them transformed into gorgeous visual streams.
Create highly personalised streams in the StreamStudio: Merge several news feeds into one stream, and rename and color-code
that stream. Turn on Taptu Magic to let Taptu learn what you like and tailor your
streams to your interests. Create customized keyword searches to keep you up to date on a
Read and reply to what your friends write on Facebook and Twitter.
Save articles to read them later using Instapaper, Pocket or Taptu's bookmarks.
Sync your streams across devices, platforms, and your browser at taptu.com.
TechCrunch: "The design itself is sleek and clean, allowing you to separate each stream...If you are a power reader or a news junkie, Taptu's app is the way to go. Not only does it allow you to access a large number of news sources (thousands), in an easy to read interface, but it allows you to personalize and customize your feeds"
Wired.com: "Taptu's secret sauce lets you mash up mixed streams...I didn't give up on it after some initial enthusiasm. I kept going back not only to read up on things but also to try things out that occurred to me randomly and to tinker with feeds"
A number of highly customizable widgets including scrollable Lists and Stacks, with custom update times and multiple backgrounds.
Find and add streams
* Add streams: Choose from a huge variety of featured topical streams in our StreamStore. It's all free.
* Find even more content using the search box and Bing RSS Search
* DJ your News: Mix & merge streams and color-code them to your liking. Add and remove sources from Taptu's topical streams or create custom Search Streams by filtering your streams with a keyword.
* Make your streams more interesting: Let Taptu learn what you're into from your reading habits so we can make your streams more relevant to you.
* Suppose you're into football but not tennis and you've added Taptu's sports stream. Taptu Magic will learn what articles you read and show you more football and less tennis.
* You can still add and remove sources from your streams, and you can always switch off Taptu Magic, so you're in control.
* Read your favorite social streams - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
* Share: Post articles and share streams to your friends.
* Post to, like, comment or re-tweet from your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn streams
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop us an email at email@example.com