Read web comics seamlessly even in poor network conditions with this amazing app! It will remember which strips you've already read.
It downloads strips in advance so that even if you lose the connection because you're commuting for example, your reading experience will not be affected.
This app will work for any web comic in the world by installing its dedicated plugin, requesting it here if it doesn't exist or even develop it and publish it yourself so that others may use it aswell.
In order to find these plugins, simply search for "fcr comic" on the Play Store, or just follow the instructions on your phone once you've installed this app. If you can't find the one you'd want, send me a message from this page, or to the twitter account FastComicReader.
If you want to implement your own plugins, check out the open-source ones on github: https://github.com/Nodjo
The content within this GoComics mobile application updates daily, bringing you the latest work from critically acclaimed creators, Pulitzer Prize-winning political cartoonists and the hottest up-and-coming talents.
Within the app, you have the ability to:
- Bookmark your favorite comics.
- Share comics via social media, e-mail and text/SMS (charges may apply).
- Access over 20 years of back issues of comic strips. Read the first-ever Calvin and Hobbes strips! Rediscover Charlie Brown and the Little Red-Headed Girl! Share FoxTrot with a younger generation! See Huey and Riley before The Boondocks became a cult classic!
- Leer en español. GoComics tiene más de 30 cómics que están disponibles para nuestros Españoles fans de habla.
- Read our liberal, moderate and conservative editorial/political cartoonists represent that all sides. Collectively, they have won more than 20 Pulitzer Prizes for editorial cartooning.
- Gain insight into the comics industry with our blog that's updated multiple times a week.
- Check out burgeoning cartoonists before they break out in our Comics Sherpa section.
Upgrade to an ad-free experience by going Pro at http://www.gocomics.com/help/pro
Here are the nuts and bolts:
You can browse through the comic strips by touching the Previous or Next navigation buttons or by touching either side of the comic strip. Resize the comic strip by tapping or pinching. So simple even Odie can do it!
Like Garfield, this app is prone to nap attacks. After about 10 seconds of inactivity, the navigation, title, and toolbar will fade away. To bring them back, touch the middle of the comic strip. Touch again to have them disappear. Don’t worry — you can still change comics by touching the edges.
Have a special day in mind? Select any date since the beginning of the comic strip and then touch Set to see that day's comic strip. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
Looking for a specific theme – like lasagna, lazy or lederhosen? Search strips by typing a keyword or theme and touching the Done button on the keyboard. Then you can navigate through that list of strips.
Do you like surprises? Touch the Random button to see any strip selected by Odie. You never know what treasure awaits you (please be aware of probable drool).
Wanna post a strip for all your Facebook friends to see? First you need to login to Facebook. Then, simply post the selected comic strip on your Facebook wall along with a typically brilliant comment.
Wanna share a strip with your BFF? Email the selected comic and add a comment. You can also go to the Settings Page to activate your preference to put a copy of the comic strip into your Saved Photos folder on your Android when you email the strip.
Can’t get enough Garfield? On the Information page there is a More Garfield button which brings you to Garfield’s website with lots of links and awesome info about the famous fat cat.
So what are you waiting for? Get your paws on the Garfield Daily Comic Android App!
For the ambitious business professional looking to get ahead in the industry.
Dazzle all the execs at your next business meeting. Create your own corporate B.S. catch phrase!
Computer Science BS
Computer Science is facing a major roadblock to further research. The problem is most evident with students, but afflicts many researchers as well: people simply have a tough time inventing research topics that sound sufficiently profound and exciting. Pick a worthy topic within 10s!
+ A brand new and way less janky interface
+ An all new comic viewer
+ Watch all the old and new shorts
+ Shake for a random comic.
+ Share via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (yes, people still use this!), e-mail, and more
Thanks everyone for all of your continued support, comments and reviews!
INCLUDING NEW CYANIDE & HAPPINESS SHORTS!
What you have all been waiting for...new animated shorts!
+ Comic Archive: Get access to all 1,800+ C&H comics in an easy-navigable archive. Get new comics the second they're available, or somehow bend the rules of space and time and get them even earlier!
+ Shake for random!
+ Portrait/Landscape viewing.
+ Favorites: Save your favorite comics for quick viewing later. Impress your friends! Impress your enemies! Impress otherwise apathetic people! It's really versatile!
+ Animated Shorts: Watch streaming C&H animated shorts from the comfort of anywhere. Yes, even there.
+ News: Read all about upcoming events, books, announcements, the works!
+ Seizure Mode: Shake, shake, shake...
Organize all your comics in customizable collections, or use the powerful search feature to find what to read. Use the intelligent suggestions system to quickly fill your collections with related comics, or jump directly to the next issue when you have finished to read one. Synchronize your collections, favorites and statistics with the heroic account, and never lose your data again!
Astonishing Comic Reader is able to generate awesome wallpapers if you're using Muzei app, and have a Cast support, so you can read your comics everywhere, on any screen! Discover Snapshots, an amazing way to store and share all moments parts you love in your comics. And thanks to our synchronization system, you can get your comics from your Cloud storage provider!
Add the comics you like to your favorites list, and share the pages which amazed you the most with your friends in a few touches! It's that easy to use! Astonishing Comic Reader is fully compatible with CBZ and CBR comics! And it's ad free!
Join our community on G+: https://plus.google.com/communities/113176077772826564350
Feel free to send any suggestions or feedback you may have heroic reader!
If you're wondering which is the comic used in the screenshots, go checkout the Misery Depot project on http://www.miserydepot.com/. Other images are from golden age comics in public domain
Calvin And Hobbes Comics is an app to view all syndicated comics reruns with ease.
The app offers an interactive and beautiful interface with great navigation controls to breeze through your comic reruns.
App gets updated everyday with new comics. There are 50 comic feeds, including peanuts, calvin & hobbes, foxtrot, dilbert etc.
App Features :
-> Smooth Navigation
-> Immersive mode
-> Download Comic strip
-> Share Comic on Social Network
For any queries/suggestions please Email at below address. Cheers!
With Splash8, you can
+ Follow all your favourite webcomics in one app
+ Get all comics in your personal feed daily
+ Discover new and funny webcomics anytime
+ Share and save your favourite comics
+ Get notified when new comics are uploaded
+ Keep track of unread posts of each comic
Splash 8 is like the 9GAG for webcomics.
With Splash 8, you will never miss a single webcomic!
Splash 8 is the most easy to use app to read webcomics regularly!
Swipe through all the unread comics in one go.
You can show support for your favourite and upcoming comics artists by following them on Splash8.
Some of the famous webcomics artists we have are
the oatmeal, cyanide and happiness (explosm), channelate, xkcd mobile, saturday morning breakfast cereal, calvin and hobbes, abstruse goose, buttersafe, garfield, zen pencils, toonhole, nedroid, the trenches comic, extra fabulous comics, xkcd reader, pearls before swine, wizard of id and many more!!
In case you do not find the webcomic artist you like on Splash8, you can write to us about them!
Splash8 respects the rights of webcomic creators. We don’t scrape. You can visit our website http://www.splash8.co/ to learn more. In case you have any queries or feedback, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Screenshots credits - channelate, xkcd comics, up and out, zen pencils, deathbulge, invisible bread, amazing super powers
For Marvel fanatics, DC devotees, comic newbies and manga maniacs, comiXology offers you instant access to more than 75,000 digital comics, graphic novels & manga. Whether you’re hooked on caped crusaders, zombie slayers or inter-galactic love affairs, with comiXology you’ll experience and enjoy comics like never before!
- Read all your comiXology comic books, graphic novels & manga.
- In-app cart purchasing for all your buying needs.
- Dig into your library using Smart Lists and enhanced My Books sorting options.
- Experience cinematic, immersive reading with Guided View technology and a reader that lets you easily scan, zoom and flip pages.
- Same day as print releases.
- Digital first titles you won’t get anywhere else.
- A massive collection of foreign language comics and classics.
- Search for and add books to your Wish List.
- Read your comiXology purchases on all your devices.
- Enjoy our cloud-based platform with automatic sync across all of your devices.
ComiXology's 75,000+ strong comics, graphic novel & manga library includes:
- Marvel Comics: The Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Deadpool, Daredevil, Captain America, The Hulk, The Fantastic Four, Thor, Wolverine, and more…
- DC Comics: Batman, Justice League, Superman, Harley Quinn, Arrow, Green Lantern, Smallville, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Sandman, and more…
- Image Comics: The Walking Dead, Saga, Bitch Planet, Black Science, Spawn, and more…
- IDW: Star Trek, Judge Dredd, G.I. Joe, Angel, Transformers, Bloom County, My Little Pony, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more…
- Disney: Mickey Mouse, Cars, Toy Story, Donald Duck, Finding Nemo, The Lion King, Monsters, Inc., Tron, Epic Mickey, and more…
- Manga: Naruto, All You Need is Kill, One Piece, Dragon Ball, One-Punch Man, and more…
- Don’t miss thousands of great self-published titles coming out of comiXology Submit: Wolves, Leaving Megalopolis, Doc Unknown, Action Bible, Silver, Lady Mechanika, and more…
"ComiXology is changing how comics are read." – TIME Magazine
"Solves the problem of reading comics on the small screen." – Wired Magazine
"Best comic reader in the world!” – Our favorite (uncompensated) fan
Read the latest comics strips wherever you might be! We're not here to judge you.
-News. The latest news, fresh from LICD.com
-View the latest 10 comics for free (full archives can be unlocked with in-app purchase)
-Easter Eggs hidden throughout the app.
-Sharing. Easy to send any strip by e-mail or twitter.
-The Complete LICD Archives, from the very beginning
-Favorites. Create a list of your favorite strips.
-Storyline Archives. Scour through years of LICD history by specific arcs.
-Bookmark. Remember your place in the archive.
-Ad-Free. Forever and Ever.
-Only 99 cents, in app purchase!
For more information on LICD, please visit www.licd.com
It's really simple to use. You just have to scroll ! Pages are automatically loaded and displayed (no need to click to go to next page).
It's FREE and THERE ARE NO ADS.
This version works perfectly on phones AND tablets.
Supported image formats are JPG, PNG, GIF, WebP (Android 4.0+), BMP, PDF, CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR and ePUB.
Main features are :
• Automatic page loading
• Zoom using multi-touch
• Vertical/Horizontal scrolling
• 2 display modes (Simple View which displays pages one by one and Multiple Image View which displays all pages one after the other)
• Scale filters: Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos4
• Library with covers displayed to quickly open comics (multiple kind of views available)
• Automatically switch to next issue when last page of the comic is displayed
• Border cropping
• Read from left to right or right to left
• Actions can be customized
• Single page and "2 page" display mode
• Filter to improve displayed image quality
• Manual scrolling by moving finger on screen
• Autoscrolling by long pressing on screen
• Tap to go to Next/Previous pages
• Fit to Width/Height/Screen display
• Multiple Image preview type
• Option to direct access to page
• History management
• Support multi-language (for now, english and french)
• Border can be display over Bitmap to easily identify each pages
• Contrast/Brightness/Gamma management
• Screen brightness management
• Application can be moved to SD Card
• Cached data can be stored in internal memory or SD Card
• Supports Samsung "Multi-Window" mode
• Color themes
Files can be accessed on the device or network.
Supported network protocols are :
• Google Drive
• Ubooquity (http://vaemendis.net/ubooquity)
• DLNA/Upnp (Need Android >= 4.0.3)
• OPDS (beta)
• Webdav/Cloud (like box.com, 4shared.com, alwaysdata.com, ...)
The application needs a phone/tablet with lots of memory and a powerful processor, so don't be disappointed if your phone is quite old and performance is not good.
For instance, it works perfectly on Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab, ...
Documentation is available at : http://challengerviewer.wordpress.com/challenger-comics-viewer-documentation/
An FAQ is available at : http://challengerviewer.wordpress.com/challenger-comics-viewer-faq/
The English forum : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389440
Please add comments if you like this app or if you have some new features idea.
To report bugs, don't hesitate to send me e-mail.
- Open source software under GPLv3 license (http://code.google.com/p/android-comicsreader/)
- Optimized for Android tablets
- Comics browser with thumbnails
- Bookmarks manager to download albums from remote sites
- Allows to download remote files using a proposed PHP script
- Support CBZ, CBR (official unrar dll), CBT and folders with images (JPEG, PNG and GIF)
- Fast pages switcher with pages previews
- Compatible with all screens resolutions
- Several resize modes (screen width, screen height, both, 100%, 50%, 25%)
- Right to left reading direction settings
- Double pages mode
- Next and previous pages auto preloading if enough free memory
- Supports 16 and 32 bits rendering
- Fling gesture to change page with smooth transition
- Fullscreen mode for devices with physical buttons, for Cyanogen Mod and Android 4.4+ (immersive mode)
- Bidirectional scrolling if page larger than screen
- Touchscreen, keyboard, DPad and mouse support
- Android 1.6+ required
- Remember last album and page
- Support both portrait and landscape orientation
- Can be used to open application/x-cbz, application/x-cbr, application/x-cbt, image/jpeg, image/png and image/gif from any file manager
- Tested with huge images up to 1920x2643
- Use lower quality images (resolution is decreased) if any out of memory exception occurs
- Available in English, French, Turkish, Spanish, Greek, Galician, Polish, Italian, Russian and Portuguese (a big thanks to ultrapeer, Zufre, Kathjal, Shark103, Xesusmosquera, Evropi, Anonymous and Marcelo Ghelman, any translators are welcome to contribute ^^)
- Supports ARMv7, ARMv5, x86 and MIPS natively
- Auto-roration and natural sorting order implemented by Jules Blok
- Partnership with BDZ Mag (http://www.bdzmag.com/) and download "Pirate ta BD !" comics from bookmarks
Please don't hesitate to fill a bug report or request a new feature on :
You can also help to translate ComicsReader in your language on :
Optimized for phones and tablets it allows you to read your eComics anywhere you want.
When used together with ComicRack for Windows it allows automatic synchronization of eComics with your Android device via USB, including reading positions, reading lists and bookmarks. Your synchronized eComics will also be converted and optimized so they can be read fast an reliable on your handheld device. And best of all, this way you can read all the formats ComicRack for Windows supports (PDFs and even WebComics). Optionally the eComics can even be size optimized during synchronization which usually makes them half the size without noticeable quality reduction.
ComicRack includes a Live Wallpaper that shows random covers from your library. You can even start reading by double tapping the background.
ComicRack also includes a highly configurable app widget that allows you to glimpse into your library and start reading immediately if you see something you like.
Short feature list:
• Optimized for phones and tablets
• Reader with single and double page viewing
• Advanced zoom modes
• Auto scrolling
• Right to left reading mode for mangas
• Color adjustments
• Automatic page cropping for small devices
• Full library management with lists and searching
• Management of reading states (unread, completed, bookmarks etc.)
• USB synchronization with ComicRack for Windows
• Reads CBZ and CBR natively
• When used together with ComicRack for Windows it supports CBZ, CBR, CB7, CBT, PDF, DJVU and WebComics
• Live Wallpaper
• App Widgets
• Twitter integration
This is the add supported free version. If you like the program and want to get rid of the ads, get wireless synchronisation and in general do a good thing, please buy the full version.
If you want to use your external SD Card to store Comics on Android 4.4 and above, please follow the the guide in the FAQ.
If you experience any bugs it is best to post your problems in the appropriate section of the user forum.
Documentation is located at
FAQ is available at
User and Support Forum is at
Even if you have no problems you can join and talk to other ComicRack users.
*Turn black/white image into 4 colorize image(Only available for donated users. Need install Perfect Viewer donation application).
*Page layout: Auto single page, Auto dual page, Auto switch by screen orientation
*Support Windows, Linux etc. network file sharing(CIFS/SAMBA)
*Require internet permission for CIFS/SAMBA support.
*Support image file format: JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP,WebP
*Support archive file format: CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR,7Z/CB7,LZH
*Support PDF file after install the PDF plugin
*Smooth filters: Averaging, Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos3;
*Five view mode: Full size, Fit Screen, Fit Width, Fit Height, Fixed size, Stretch;
*Support Left-to-right & right-to-left reading
*Set image as wallpaper
*Browse image in folder/archive as thumbnail
*Support pinch to zoom & fling gesture
*Simple bookmark function
*My favorites management
*Cache next and previous page
*Simple file management(delete, rename)
*Adjust image brightness,contrast & gamma
*Auto cut off white border.
*Support Google Chromecast
* CBR, CBZ, and image directory comic support
* Comic collection browser with thumbnails
* Quickly zoom in locally on a section of a page
* Page thumbnails to quickly scan through comics
* Continuous bookmarking for all comics
* Gracefully handles dual-spread pages
* Easy collection management from the library
* Easily zoom into pages
STAY TUNED FOR:
* Search across your entire collection
* A homescreen widget to quickly jump to your comics
The free version is ad-supported. Please check out the paid application to get an ad-free version.
TAGS: CBR, CBZ, comics, comic reader, comic viewer, manga, manga reader, manga viewer, graphic novel