Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
Plus bookmark unlimited locations on the map to quickly do a radar + forecast check for all your important places.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Sharp images
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
✓ Hurricane and Tropical Storm Forecast Tracks with detailed information
✓ Severe weather warning boxes on the map with full detail
✓ Lightning strikes on the map within a few minutes of the actual strike!
✓ Storm Track arrows with detailed storm information including hail probability.
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
✓ Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
✓ Select opacity of radar images to your taste
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
✓ This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar for news and updates.
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
PYKL3 Radar (pronounced Pickle Radar) was the first and remains the most advanced, yet simple to use, level 3 radar viewer for Android for United States radar information. It is intended for users who want more out of a weather radar viewer...much more! PYKL3Radar also gives you surface observation plots (ground truth), satellite imagery, and virtually every National Weather Service text product wrapped with a highly customizable experience. Designed with storm chasers, spotters, and emergency management officials in mind, PYKL3 continues to push the limits of what is possible on Android by embracing the ideas of a very active user community. PYKL3 is the only Android viewer with customizable colors, including the radar color table. What's more, your location is constantly displayed right on top of the radar imagery. PYKL3 Radar is the application for having the critical weather data you need.
Radar data from every operational National Weather Service WSR-88D and FAA Terminal Doppler Weather Radar (TDWR) site is delivered to your phone with products ranging from standard reflectivity to the newest dual-pol variables. Need more? Pull up the latest satellite imagery or warning products with the touch of your screen. With an optional subscription to AllisonHouse.com or CaprockWeather.com, add the display of graphical severe weather outlooks, convective watch boxes, local storm reports, storm tracks, and lightning.
Supported by a fantastic user community, PYKL3 Radar is brought to you by a developer with a passion for weather for serious users of radar data.
We know Google Play only gives you 15 minutes to evaluate a program before a purchase. That's not nearly enough time to explore the many features and options of PYKL3Radar. So, purchase in confidence! If it does not meet your expectations, just write us back within 24 hours of your purchase and we'll get you refunded. What's our return request rate? Less than 0.01%!
If you have any issues with the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We are here to help!
PLEASE ENSURE A SOLID, FAST INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN RUNNING THE FIRST TIME as about 10MB of support files are acquired. If you run into issues, please contact us. We can help! Customer service is very important to us.
New features: Track Tornado and Severe Storms, as well as Wild Fire warnings and news.
Also features the latest reports on earthquakes and seismic activity from around the world.
Monitor a detailed 7-day forecast, current conditions & hazardous weather, tropical weather, marine/tide forecasts, satellite IR images, surface observations, watches, warnings, advisories, tornados, hurricanes, weather watch.
Weather and Radar provided for United States and surrounding regions:
District of Columbia
Alaska Marine Zones
Atlantic Marine Zones
Great Lakes Marine Zones
Gulf of Mexico Marine Zones
Pacific Marine Zones
Pacific Islands Marine Zones
Marine Zones (all)
-Animated Radar Views
-Storm Relative Motion
-One-Hour Rainfall Total
-NWS Issued Alerts/Warnings
States Available: AL THROUGH TX
NEW IN THIS RELEASE:
* Added ability to disable horizontal scrolling (useful for Nexus 5 owners)
* Added Langley Hills, WA radar station
* Animates the last 10 radar images
* Supports all 155 U.S. NWS NEXRAD radar sites
* Uses autolocation to find the nearest radar
* Low power consumption (only updates when being viewed)
* Multiple map layers: border, cities, terrain, rivers, highways
Go to wallpaper configuration to set up.
Note: Large blooms during clear skies are due to NEXRAD "clear air mode". See website link below for explanation.
If you consider yourself an advanced user who wants even more, check out the fully featured PYKL3 Radar here on Google Play.
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Set the gorgeous animated wallpapers with live weather conditions on your home screen and be aware of any weather that is coming your way. Whether it is cloudy, rainy, snowy or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your device. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
• Weather forecasts for multiple locations all around the world
• Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
• Beautiful weather widgets
• Fabulous animated wallpaper with live weather conditions right on your home screen
• Cloud, satellite, rain maps (available worldwide) enhanced with animated weather radar (the USA only) to quickly see what weather is coming your way
• Customizable layout: all weather details, short-term forecast, long-term forecast, current state only, text only
• Local time in 12 or 24-hour format
• 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
• "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
• Wind direction and speed. Visibility details
• Humidity and precipitation information. Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
• Fahrenheit or Celsius and Miles or Kilometers
• Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
• New York, Los Angeles, Chicago or any other location worldwide – get accurate weather forecasts wherever you are!
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
NEW Widget--Full radar on your home screen, with zoom in and out. Check it out!
Displays real-time local and national weather radar directly from the National Weather Service on Google Maps in an easy to use program. Zoom in/out, loop weather radar images, current storm warnings, satellite images, total precipitation, current location forecast from the National Weather Service including current watches and warnings, and much more! Full options menu allows you to change tons of settings and customize your experience.
Android Tablet Ready!!! Works great on both older Tablets (Android 2.2+) and Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich Tablets!!!
All new Forecast page with tons of features! Check it out.
****All issues left in the comments have been fixed--if you find any new bugs, email them to email@example.com*****
-National Weather Map coverage!!!
-More Google Map Types
-More weather radar products:
3 Weather Radar Products with/without loop
1 hour precipitation
24/48/72 hour precipitation
-Better user interface
-pinch to zoom (Android 3.0 and up)
-sliding options menu
-GPS is now optional
-Works great on Tablets!
-Runs great installed on SDCard--set to prefer SDCard
Extended return policy: We are not a fan of the new 15 minute refund policy set by Google. 15 minutes is not enough time to get a feel for all the features in this program so our policy is as follows: We want you to like and use this application. If for any reason you are not satisfied with this application within 5 days of purchase, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and date of purchase and we will issue a full refund to you. All we ask in return is to let us know what features you would like to see in this program in order for you to repurchase the application.
For more information about NWS Weather Radar, or any of our releases, please see http://www.gudensoft.com
---If you are having issues, please contact me at email@example.com and provide the issue, type of phone, and version of Android. We don't like seeing errors, and we know you don't either!
NOTE FROM DEVELOPER: Due to the NWS servers downtime, we have switched data providers on the BASE Radar images. If you are having issues seeing any radar data, go into settings, and switch from High Res to Base, scroll down and click SAVE. If anyone would like a refund due to the outages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and date of purchase and we will honor your request regardless of when it was purchased. THANK YOU!
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, no-frills application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather!
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
• Quickly view an HD animated doppler weather radar for anywhere in the contiguous United States.
• Check the current temperature and other weather conditions in any U.S. city.
• Read the latest alerts and hazardous weather discussion from the NOAA NWS in your area.
• Weather radar, alerts, and forecast all come directly from your local NOAA NWS office.
• Forecasts from the NOAA NWS are some of the most accurate available.
Whether you want to know when it will rain, or you need to know how strong the storms are on the horizon and which direction they're moving, install the Radar Express weather radar app on your mobile phone or tablet now.
Radar Express is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the National Weather Service. It is an unofficial app.
Easily animate or pause the radar to see what precipitation is heading your way. Pan and zoom to your exact area and the app will remember where you are.
Whatever your activity, Radar by WeatherFlow is a critical tool for seeing where the Precipitation is and where it is going.
While the application is in beta mode it is free to download and use. Enjoy and let us know how we can improve the application to suit your needs.
Radar covers the Continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and USVI.
Why do they love it? In a word – Design. The app has a simple, yet beautiful interface that makes getting the weather elegant and fun. The groundbreaking UI, combined with a powerful set of weather tools, makes 1Weather the #1 choice.
“Top 25 apps you should download right now” – CNN Tech
"The Most Attractive, Feature-Packed Android Weather App We’ve Ever Seen" – Lifehacker
“The most beautiful weather app we’ve ever seen” – Android Police
“A Game Changing, Gorgeous Weather App” – Android Static
· Real-time local weather and forecasts worldwide (Current + 48-hour)
· 10-day extended forecast and precipitation info
· Hourly forecast and precipitation info
· Live-Weather background, dynamic photo backgrounds (Dogs, cats, cars, sports and more!), or create your own unique custom background
· Follow my location – Your weather automatically updated whenever you are on the move
· LIVE animated radar plus severe weather layers including fire, flood, freezing, hurricane, ice, snow, tornados, wind, and winter (US only)
. Comprehensive map layers including: radar, clouds, surface temperature, dew point, relative humidity, wind speed, and UV Index
· Animated sunrise, sunset, and Lunar phase
· Save multiple locations to access quickly and easily
· Gorgeous widgets you can add to your home screen, including 3 clock widgets
· Share weather information (including screenshots and alert text) with friends and family via email, text, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
· National Weather Service Area Forecast Discussion provides overview for your area from NWS meteorologists
· True server-based push alerts for NWS supported locations with configurable notification options by location and alert level (watches, warnings, advisories)
· Configurable Ongoing notification shows current conditions for dynamic “My Location” or a location of your choice.
· DashClock integration allowing you to select a location of your choice
· More than 25 different languages available
· Customizable Units:
Temperature: Fahrenheit or Celsius
Wind: mph, kph, m/s, knots and Beaufort scale
Pressure: Inches of mercury, millibars, millimeters of mercury
Distance: Miles, Kilometers
The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency. Its expertise and services assist Australians in dealing with the harsh realities of their natural environment, including drought, floods, fires, storms, tsunami and tropical cyclones. Through regular forecasts, warnings, monitoring and advice spanning the Australian region and Antarctic territory, the Bureau provides one of the most fundamental and widely used services of government.
While every effort will be made to ensure that Bureau of Meteorology radar imagery is available on this app, there may be occasions when equipment or communications failure make this impossible. The Bureau's ability to restore the radar display following an outage may be limited by the priority to maintain forecasting and warning services. For some major cities the Bureau can ensure the quality of its forecasting services through access to secondary radars that may not always be accessible from their site.
The coverage is limited to SWIZERLAND AND ITS BORDER AREAS.
- 4 animations (last 5 hours, last hour, next 10 minutes, next hours)
- Animation controls
- Fullscreen landscape mode
- Location with zoom
- Link to a 7 days local weather forecast