With content from Oxford University Press.
Phonics Spelling Dictionary - Biff, Chip and Kipper app orders words by sounds to help children using synthetic phonics to become proficient readers and spellers. Organising words by sound and breaking them up into coloured sections, the app features fun illustrations and interactive audio feedback throughout to help the user engage as they learn. You can also save words to practice later in your very own My Words section, collect stickers, and test your skills using the spelling test feature.
o Search by sound
• Search through the dictionary by phoneme using colourful tabs
o Take a spelling test
• Test your phonics knowledge with our spelling test feature, increasing difficulty as you improve.
o Hear words to check your spelling
• Tap on words to hear them read aloud to help check on your own spelling and pronunciation.
o Collect stickers to track your progress
• Collect stickers throughout the app to track your progress and earn rewards for your achievements!
• Words are grouped by sound, so you can navigate the dictionary using the tabs on the right hand side
• Tap on words to hear them read aloud
• Tap on images in the dictionary pages to hear the corresponding word read aloud
• Use speech recognition to search for words in the dictionary
• Save words from the dictionary to the ‘My Words’ section, such as words that you find difficult to spell and that you want to practice more
• View more difficult words in the ‘Common & Tricky Words’ section
• Take a spelling test of either an ‘easy’, ‘medium’, or ‘hard’ difficulty level
• Collect stickers throughout the app to signify your achievements
• Share your certificates over email, save them as an image or print them out
• View all of your collected stickers in your Sticker Book