• Voice Search
• Simple Navigation
• Playback Controls
• Keyboard for simple text entry
• Works with Amazon Fire TV Stick
• Support for Amazon Fire TV with software version 1.4.1
• Designed for simple navigation and playback control
• For game play use the remote included with your Fire TV or the optional Amazon Fire game controller
• Multicast enabled router required
• Make sure the device with the Fire TV Remote App is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Fire TV.
• Make sure another device isn't currently display mirroring to your Fire TV, as this will prevent the Fire TV Remote App from pairing.
• If you have advanced settings set up on your Wireless router, make sure Multicast support is enabled.
Still having trouble?
• Disconnect the power cord from your Fire TV for three seconds, and then plug the power cord back in. Or, on your Amazon Fire TV Remote press and hold the Select button and the Play button at the same time until Fire TV restarts (about five seconds).
• On the device with the app, clear the application data for the Fire TV Remote app. On Android devices, go to Settings > Apps > Fire TV > Clear data.
• Reboot the mobile device and then open the app again.
Instructions: To Add Widget Do: Menu->Add->Widgets->Kindle Shortcut from the home screen.
Notice that your phone needs to have Kindle app installed and a SD card to make it works.
And feel free to send me feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why to read in Backlight display if you can read in Kindle.
Please do not use rating system to report bugs.
Instead contact us on email@example.com
★ Share documents with convertion and compression and read in Kindle
★ Like an web article, send the link or as content to Kindle
For power users - Premium edition
★ Convert documents to Kindle friendly format
★ Compress documents before sending
★ Send documents or Links to multiple Kindles
★ No Advertisements, More screen real estate
How to send document
★ Open your favourite file manager app and Select an document
★ Do share action, select "2 Kindle"
★ Choose convertion - Yes/No and Click "Send 2 Kindle"
How to send Link
★ Open your favourite Browser and open the page you wish to start with
★ Do share action, select "2 Kindle"
★ Choose Content and Convertion choices - Yes/No and Click "Send 2 Kindle"
As you like this app, Share and spread it with your near and dear ones. Else, please send your valuable feedback and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to hear from you.
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Stops the "Cannot open this file type" message when trying to open mobi files with the Kindle app.
Just navigate to your desired mobi file and tap to import into the Kindle folder.
Make sure you have the Kindle app installed beforehand.
No root needed.
This application has only been tested on the Kindle Fire HD AND the Kindle Fire 2nd generation. Test at your own risk.
Your Kindle wants to be free!
Using this application you can disable the Amazon homescreen, install a different launcher of your choice, and install the Android market!
The Pro version will allow you to install commonly used Google applications and will allow you to disable those pesky lockscreen ads that Amazon pushes to your device without having to pay them $15 to do so.
If you have any features or suggestions please let me know!
PRIVACY FLASHLIGHT - THE ONLY ONE YOU SHOULD TRUST TO LIGHT YOUR WAY
Now available for the Amazon Kindle!
You are being spied on. It’s more than one app you trust on your smartphone. For example:
Why does Brightest Flashlight need to Geolocate you? It doesn’t. That’s why the FTC recently sued them. Here's the story: http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2014/04/ftc-approves-final-order-settling-charges-against-flashlight-app
But what about all the other apps on your smartphone or tablet? What about your kids? Just watch this video of Miss Teen USA 2013, Cassidy Wolf, who was victimized because an online predator could watch her remotely through her webcam from an app she trusted: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/miss-teen-usa-discusses-webcam-hack-at-cyber-security-expo/
Reclaim your privacy today. Privacy Flashlight is free forever and it is:
►The smallest, safest and lightest flashlight ever:
• Feather light size - ~138kB (Increased size due to added features. Also, this is apk size. Install size ~200kB)
• No annoying ads, no spyware, no bloatware
• Free for life
►Uses only necessary permissions:
• Camera/Microphone permission needed to access LED and LED only
• No network permissions
• No location permissions
• No USB storage permissions
User Guide and FAQ: https://snoopwall.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200289885-Privacy-Flashlight-Android
Everyone wants a flashlight app on their phone.
Finding your keys, searching for something you lost, looking for the light switch in a hotel room? What a great utility, right? Wrong! The top 10 free flashlight apps in the Google Play store alone account for nearly 1/2 BILLION INSTALLATIONS appear to be spying on users with an application size ranging from of 1.2 to 5 megabytes.
In fact, an optimized flashlight application should only be ~100-150kB; ~10-50 times smaller than the smallest one of these top rated flashlight apps.
So, why so big? The size is significant because there's a lot more code than necessary embedded in these applications which allows them to eavesdrop on you. Nothing in life is free. These flashlight apps do some very strange things – geolocate you, read your contacts list, read your device storage (probably looking for personal and sensitive pictures), read and write files, get your phone number and so much more that we would consider all of them well designed MALWARE. All of them!!!
It’s clear to us at SnoopWall that these applications are designed to expose your personal information to cybercriminals. In addition, you are at significant risk if you do Mobile Banking on the same device as one of these free Flashlight Apps. Our strong recommendation is to uninstall your flashlight app immediately.
SnoopWall developed Privacy Flashlight for Google Android, Apple iOS and MS Windows smartphones and tablets. The file size of the SnoopWall Privacy Flashlight application is approximately 138 kilobytes. It only accesses the flash of the camera (requires the flashlight and camera/microphone permissions in Android) and the screen display, which is all a flashlight app should be doing anyway.
We've also developed another free application, Privacy App, which will scan your Android device and show you what apps are potentially spying on you. Have suspicions? Confirm them with Privacy App.
If you do online banking, make sure your Mobile Banking App has SnoopWall's patented Privacy Shield inside.
SnoopWall®, Privacy App, Privacy Commander, Privacy Guardian and Privacy Shield are trademarks of SnoopWall, Inc. Google® is a trademark of Google, Inc., registered in the USA and in other countries. Google Maps™ and Android™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
Just install Any Send on two Android phones, and you can send anything between them, at superfast wifi speeds. You can also send to Windows and Macs, get the free apps from http://getanysend.com/
* Incredibly simple sharing. Just select the file, the person, and that's it!
* Very fast sharing speeds powered by your local network, no internet required.
* Background service sharing ability
* Support for tons of file types: movies, audio, images, contacts, any file.
* Custom designs for both landscape and portrait modes
* Doesn't use your internet bandwidth, completely local WiFi sharing.
* PC and Mac! http://getanysend.com/
Android is first to get Any Send, an iOS version is coming soon!
Any Send is a new app and currently in beta, we are working hard to make it more awesome.
Please send feedback to email@example.com thanks for all your feedback and reports!
Convert to Audio, Video, Document, Ebook, Image, Archive or Hash file formats from nearly all file types. Select a file and start converting, it's that easy!
★★Most features compared to other converter apps!★★
The app converts files in the cloud so your battery isn't wasted, you can continue using your device and conversions are much faster!
★★Your files are handled securely!★★
• Video converter: convert to 3G2, 3GP, AVI, FLV, Matroska MKV, Quicktime MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPG, OGG, WebM VP8, WMV, Android, BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Nintendo DS DPG, Nintendo 3DS, Playstation 3 PS3, PSP, For Nintendo WII, XBOX 360
• Document converter: convert to Word (doc / docx), Flash, HTML, Open-Office ODT, PDF, RTF, Text
• Audio converter: convert to AAC, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, OPUS, WAV, WMA
• Ebook converter: convert to ePub, AZW3, FB2, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PDF, TCR
• Image converter: convert to BMP, EPS, GIF, HDR / EXR, ICO, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, WEBP
• Hash converter: convert to Adler32, Blowfish, CRC-32, CRC-32B, Gost, Haval-128, htpasswd Apache, MD4, MD5, RIPEMD-128, RIEMD-160, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, Snefru, Tiger-128, Tiger-160, Tiger-192, Whirlpool
• Archives converter: convert to 7Z, TAR BZ2, TAR GZ, ZIP
• Copy music from video to audio files
• Convert Word to PDF
• Use text recognition to convert images to PDF or TXT
• Over 200 source formats are supported
• For video conversion: change the quality, frame rate, rotate, trim
• For audio conversion: change the bitrate, channels, normalize, trim
• For ebook conversion: change the e-book title, author, encoding, select the ebook type: Kindle, Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, Apple iPad, Galaxy, Sony, Sony 300, Sony 900, MS Reader, Mobipocket, Hanlin V3, Hanlin V5, Cybook 3, Cybook Opus, iLiad, IrexDR1000, IrexDR800, jetBook, Kobo, Nook, Nook color, Bambook, Tablet, Generic e-ink, Generic e-ink large, Pocketbook 900
• For image conversion: change the quality, size, filters, color effects
• We cannot convert password protected files like a secured PDF/ZIP, DRM protected files like bought ebooks/music and files bigger than 100 MB.
• Your files are uploaded/downloaded securely and will be deleted immediately after the conversion completed or failed. We don't keep copies or logs.
★Convert to PDF, WAV to MP3, WMA to MP3 or AVI to MP4!★
Visit File Converter on: http://www.fileconverteronline.com/
Visit us on: http://www.icecoldapps.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceColdApps
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IceColdApps
What are the permissions for?
- INTERNET: uploading and downloading from the cloud
- CAMERA: take an image/video to convert
- READ_PHONE_STATE: to get a unique id to handle conversions with
This application works with your device filesystem, including filesystem on internal device memory and/or SD cards. If you don't know what the filesystem is, where the device's camera stores photos and where the Gallery application searches your photos/media files, and you don't have any experience with a file manager, please don't use this application.
In Android KitKat is not legally possible to write files to any location on external SD card. So the functionality of the app limits to internal storage on KitKat. If you have a rooted device you can try a fix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix
Please note that "Send to SD card" cannot send applications to SD card by itself. It can only save files which are sent by another applications.
For details see http://code.google.com/p/sendtosd-android/wiki/FAQ
How to use:
* Choose "Send" or "Share" menu item in any application
* Choose "SD card"
* Choose any folder on SD card
* Tap "Copy here"
You can easy:
* Organize your photos.
* Organize your files.
NEW: Auto-hibernation now works in non-root mode, (need to be enabled in experimental features setting, Android 4.1+ required). If you have secure key-guard enabled, try "Hibernate and Lock Screen" shortcut or "Pull up" gesture on Home soft-key.
Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost as smoothly and lastingly as it did the first day you had it!
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in an unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground, similar to iOS apps!
Please report bugs in the XDA forum (http://goo.gl/ZuLDnE) or G+ community (http://goo.gl/MoszF).
Greenify NEVER EVER collects your personal data despite the capability of accessibility service, it just takes advantage of it to automate things.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
NEVER greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you don't rely on them. Please do verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily rely.
Compared to other popular tools aimed for the similar purpose, Greenify offers the following advantages:
◆ Unlike the "Freeze" feature in "TitaniumBackup Pro" that totally disable the app, you can still use your app as usual, share content with it. No need to freeze & defrozen it.
◆ Unlike "Autostarts", you can benefit from almost all of its advantages, without needing to deal with the complexity and risk of obscure app components, and never lose functionality when app is actively running.
◆ Unlike any "XXX Task Killer", your device will never fall into the cat-mouse-game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing, which unnecessarily consumes more battery juice.
Note: Greenify does need a background running service for auto-hibernation to work. It is designed and implemented in extremely lightweight, with an average RAM footprint less than 5M, and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
In case you cannot install from Play Store: http://oasisfeng.com/Greenify.apk
=== PERMISSIONS ===
INTERNET: Needed by "Raise Your Voice" program to send back only small amount of anonymous statistics data, without privacy information. You can opt-out at any time.
DRAW OVER OTHER APP: To show guide layer over the app setting UI of system in non-root mode.
READ SENSITIVE LOG: To analysis the wake up cause of greenified apps.
GET ACCOUNTS & WRITE SYNC SETTINGS: Control the account sync of apps if its sync task is too frequent.
DISABLE YOUR SCREEN LOCK & BIND ACCESSIBILITY SERVICE: For automatic hibernation to work on non-root devices.
=== FAQ ===
* Why not support Android 2.x?
* It seems that automatic hibernation is not working.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* De-greenified apps still got no push notification!
Read here: http://goo.gl/1F5pY
=== Beta Channel ===
See G+ community board: http://goo.gl/MoszF
=== Translation ===
All translations are open for contribution: http://goo.gl/zCCDce
=== Donation ===
If you love Greenify, please consider the "donation package" http://goo.gl/fpz5l for extra experimental features:
* Greenify system apps (now without Xposed)
* Allow GCM push for hibernated apps
* Detect "who" woke the hibernated apps and optionally cut off the wake-up path.
* Wake-up timer coalescing
* Flash your recovery to the latest and greatest ClockworkMod recovery.
* Manage your ROMs via a handy UI.
* Organize and perform backups and restores from within Android!
* Install ROMs from your SD card.
* Install your favorite ROMs over the air!
* Incremental update zips (save your data plan!)
* Premium ROMs
* Receive notifications for when your ROM is updated!
* Automatic backups
* Install Queue
* Web Connect
* Backup Download Server lets you easily transfer backups as flashable zips to your computer.
Do you prefer using only recovery manually? Check out the Touch Recovery in app purchase, for the most advanced recovery available!
Why does ROM Manager ask for account permissions?
Web Connect only needs to access your Google account to connect it to your google account. It can't access any private data or passwords.
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery:
ClockworkMod Touch recovery (and recovery) is work that needs to put in for every new device that is released by a manufacturer.
If work on ROM Manager ceased completely, all the premium features would continue working without issue. However, new recoveries do not port and build themselves. Without ClockworkMod Touch being a per device purchase, there is no way to recoup recurring server costs and labor. Keeping ROM Manager free and operational costs tens of thousands of dollars a year, and that does not include engineering costs.
Your support is appreciated.
Droid users: Stuck at the "M" logo? Flash an alternate recovery and flash back to ClockworkMod.
HTC Users: Flash recovery not working? Try fastbooting a recovery on.
Droid X/2/Pro Users: You must run the Bootstrap application first to use ROM Manager.
Samsung users: You must flash a Clockwork compatible kernel first (see XDA forums)
IF YOU ARE HAVING LICENSE ISSUES, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF FREE (4.0+) AND THE LATEST LICENSE (1.0.8+) INSTALLED!
... and many other input methods.
How to use:
Step 1) Install an alternative keyboard on your Kindle Fire. You can do this through the Android market or by downloading a .APK file from the web.
Step 2) Open this app and check the box next to the alternative keyboard you want to use.
It's that simple!
When reading web pages on my android I would like sometimes to take a look at it on my computer when at home.
This is it! Open our site in a browser on your computer, scan displayed barcode on your phone and you can send pages from your phone to the browser. It will open up in new windows.
No registration required.
Source available under open source GPL-2 licence.
Recommended by PCWorld, BGR, LifeHacker, CNET, Gizmodo, XDA, Phandroid and many more technology media/websites.
AirDroid allows you to access and manage your Android phone or tablet from Windows, Mac or the Web, wirelessly, for free. Transfer files between your devices, and share files to your friends.
★ Quick reply to mobile messages (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram and Kik) from desktop clients. More apps will be supported in future releases.
Better focused: Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focusing on.
Better equipped: Type with full physical keyboard and control with a mouse. Transfer things faster without looking for a cable. Better equipments, better life.
Better connected: Control your Android from computer and use any apps on computer, like WhatsApp, WeChat, and Line. (root required for some devices)
Things you can do with AirDroid from PC/Mac client (http://goo.gl/tB6V84):
✔ SMS: Send and receive individual or group messages.
✔ Files: Transfer files between Android and computer from any network. Share files and chat with friends.
✔ Notification Mirror: Mirror phone notifications from any allowed apps to computer.
✔ AirMirror (beta): Complete control of Android, and use any apps, like WhatsApp, WeChat and Line. (Root required)
Other things you can do with AirDroid Web (http://goo.gl/1mXdlr):
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
- Photos: Transfer photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transfer them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export ringtones.
- Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (requires root)
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Camera: See through the lens of both front and back cameras.
- URL: Push url to Android and open it with default web browser.
- Clipboard: Share clipboard content between Android and computer.
Help, feedback and news:
Help Center: http://help.airdroid.com/
Official Forum: http://forums.airdroid.com/
Official Blog: http://blog.airdroid.com/
Support Forum on XDA: http://goo.gl/jqmev2
Thanks to our enthusiastic users around the world, AirDroid is speaking and learning new languages everyday. Help us on Crowdin: https://crowdin.com/project/airdroid
Ebook Converter allows you to convert any file, such as a PDF, DOC, HTML, TXT, EPUB, MOBI and convert it to an EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, LRF, OEB, PDB, PDF, RTF or TXT so you can read it on your device.
Here's some popular examples: Convert pdf to epub, convert epub to mobi, convert pdf to mobi, convert prc to epub, convert mobi to epub, convert doc to pdf, convert txt to epub, convert epub to pdf, convert jpg to pdf, convert azw3 to epub.
You can also add any MOBI to your Amazon Kindle library with one click! Then simply open your Kindle app and read your ebook immediately!
All ebook conversions are done line on our secure conversion server, saving your battery life, and allowing you to convert from files that aren’t even supported on your device!
Convert pdf to mobi, convert pdf to epub, convert anything to epub or mobi!
Your can add EPUB to Google Play Books by going to your Google Play account online and adding it.
This app will allow you to read nearly any file as an ebook! Just convert almost any file you have to EPUB or MOBI!
We recommend using OI File Manager to pick your input file.
There is 1GB limit per file.
- Support for imperial and US customary units added
- Calculation now based on country unit definitions
Please comment on what you would like to see.