Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app Map Store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Even more great features:
• Show GPS position
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own Geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Thousands of free specialty maps available through the Map Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Looking for a particular map? Want to be a vendor to sell maps? Contact us in the app and let us know. We are growing and adding more maps daily!
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• For best results, use Android 4.1 or higher. PDF Maps 1.4.3 requires Android 4.1 or higher.
• Devices with less than 1 GB RAM may encounter problems with processing maps and other memory related issues
• PDF Maps may not be supported on some Android devices with an Intel processor
PDF Maps is free for personal and private use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial use license. Contact email@example.com or visit www.pdf-maps.com for details.
Connect with us:
Find routes for walking, running and cycling with roads, footpaths and cycle trails clearly marked. Plan your route in advance using the route planning tools, or track your location using the integrated GPS. Discover Britain’s hidden treasures with historic monuments, mountain peaks and country pubs or just go for a ramble and use the map to discover more of the landscape.
OS MapFinder features
OS MapFinder is ideal for walking, running, cycling or any outdoor activity and includes:
• Free road maps down to street level
• OS Landranger and OS Explorer high-resolution maps available as in-app purchases in 100km2 tiles
• GPS tracking to show current location and direction of travel
• Plan routes on screen and save in app or as GPX file
• Route recording including route taken, time, distance and average speed
• Search for place names, points of interest, postcodes and grid references
• Works fully offline – no mobile or data connection required
Using OS MapFinder
• For walking and hiking – plan your route in advance with details of footpaths, open access areas and rights of way and check your location on the map as you progress
• For cycling and running - track your route, time and speed with the GPS logging functions, and see if you can improve on your best times
• For bird spotting, wildlife watching and photography - identify the best habitats or landscape features and find a route
• Also includes features for horse riding, kayaking, geocaching, fishing, tourists and geology.
Adding OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps
Your app includes road maps for England, Scotland, Wales and islands included in Great Britain. Our detailed OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale) and OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale) maps are also available as in-app purchases. Each map section is 100 km2. Go to ‘Buy Maps’, zoom in to the area you want and select the scale. Once purchased, you can download your maps to multiple Android devices on the same Google® account
A free sample map is included for the Exeter area so you can see the quality of the high resolution maps available. Current map tile prices are
OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale): £0.69
OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale): £1.99
Using OS MapFinder
There is a help area included in the app that will help you use the route planning and GPS tracking. It also includes a brief guide to map reading and navigation skills to help you make the most of the OS maps on your device.
Our customer support team can help with problems using OS MapFinder, whether that is planning a route, using GPS tracking or viewing maps on your phone or tablet.
Check the FAQs at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/mapfinder/mapfinder-android-faq.html, or contact us at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/contact/
App and Map sizes
The app is a large download as it is designed to be used even when you are offline, so it has to save the high resolution maps and search database to your device. Included in the app is overview mapping for all of Great Britain, plus the ability to search for towns, cities, postcodes and places of interest. Please ensure your device has sufficient free space and you are connected via WiFi before beginning the download.
Maps sections are around 60MB each. To save space you can remove unneeded map sections from your device, and then download them again for free when you next need them
We will occasionally update maps to reflect changes. To get an updated map, just remove and re-install the map section – the most recent version will be automatically downloaded.
Note: all Navionics Boating apps have the same features. The difference between Navionics Boating free version and the other titles is that the free version allows you to experience the app’s functionality before you make the decision to purchase charts.
IMPORTANT: If you have a tablet, please search our HD app.
Navionics charts are available In-App from Menu> Charts & Upgrades (see below). Once purchased, they are downloaded to the device and stored for easy access whether or not your device is connected to internet!
TRACKS, ROUTES & DISTANCE
Record and view your tracks: Create and edit routes based on cruising speed and fuel consumption. Measure distance.
Add markers to selected locations.
Check wind predictions anytime and sun/moon cycles.
Overlay: Satellite or Terrain. Select Safety Depth and switch to Easy View. Not available on Govt. Charts.
SYNC MY DATA
Automatically sync your Tracks, Routes & Markers and Photos among all your mobile devices.
Geotagged photos appear on the map.
Email, Tweet or FB your routes, tracks, photos or markers!
MAGAZINES & GUIDES
Download free articles from the world’s leading marine publications.
Free US Govt. Charts.
CHARTS & UPGRADES
-Tap Menu>Charts & Upgrades to select charts from our global catalog. Charts are offered in an all-in-one Navionics+ package, including Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™, Community Edits, plus 1 year of Chart Updates. SonarCharts™ is an HD bathymetry map featuring extraordinary bottom contour detail great for increasing awareness of shallow waters and for locating fishing areas at any depth level. Community Edits are inputs made by users and shared for all to benefit: rocks, wrecks, obstructions, buoys, beacons, etc. Also use the Search feature to access the largest database of marine POIs or lat/long for Marina, Marine Repair, Boat Dealers, Waterfront restaurants, etc. View dynamic Tides & Currents where ebb/flow and height are shown for tides and direction and speed for currents, then tap for access to forecasts and graphs. Free Trial before purchase! Check coverage at Navionics.com.
√ Nav Module offers more advanced route planning with ETA, distance to arrival, heading to WP, fuel consumption and more!
√ Advanced Map Options allows you to Highlight Shallow Areas, select Depth Shading, filter Depth Contours, adjust shorelines to selected Water Level, view Seabed composition (available for select US HD lakes, Portugal, France and North of Corsica) and toggle Fishing Mode to locate key fishing areas. Enjoy a FREE trial after you purchase a chart.
√SonarCharts™ Live allows you to create an HD bathymetry map in real-time. It uses sonar data either from popular chartplotters connected via NMEA 0183 compatible Wi-Fi routers or from the SonarPhone T-BOX hardware that also enables a fishfinder split-screen with Navionics charts.
IMPORTANT- Navionics has certified the following Android devices with an OS of 4.0 and higher: SAMSUNG: Galaxy S II, S III, S4, S5, Note GT-N7000. HTC: Incredible. NGM: Forward Next, Forward Prime. ALL SALES ARE FINAL on Google Play store. Navionics apps are designed to load and operate correctly with all phones with an Operating System of 4.0 or higher. We cannot guarantee flawless operation on non-certified Android devices. Navionics does not support any non-certified Android devices. Please check our App Description or go to Navionics.com for an up-to-date list of certified devices.