I love the premise of the game and my kiddo loves the game overall. The game keeps crashing in odd places and my daughter is missing out on some of the lessons. The screen just goes black without any warning. I'm downloading an update for it now so hopefully that bug will be fixed. Otherwise, it's not worth the $5 I paid for it.
I wanted a game app to help my son practice reading skills. There are so few of them available for Android. When I came across this app, at first I was leery of the price and the fact that it is British, but my son LOVES it and it has exactly what he needs for his reading skills.
My 6 year old has struggled with learning to read and this app has given her a new found want to learn. My 4 year old is loving this as well and they compete with each other on who's farther along in the "game.
5 year old son loves it, he'd play it all day if I let him and it's great to see him learning while he plays.
This app was mentioned to me by a teacher, and my kids really enjoy it (it's often their "go-to") for tablet time. As a parent, I like that it's not just annoying fluff.
Had letter from school telling us it would be useful to use this so I downloaded but the username school sent has a space in it and the login on the app won't let you put a space in so can't access at all
NEW! Practice mode BETA
* 10 Minute Adventure: Choose letter sounds to practice in a fun new mode
* Single Minigames: Choose a mini game to play with your chosen GPCs
* Music volume controls in Settings
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES
* Switched first game from sheep to ducks to avoid confusion with “s” letter sound and “sh-eep”
* Custom keyboard. This can be switched off in Settings
* A 10-sec resume window to prevent exiting if device sleeps
* Polished interface, new music and more intuitive controls
Learn to read with a homeschool curriculum in many reading comprehension levels.