Use GoPro Explorer to browse and download videos and photos recorded with GoPro Hero 2 and 3 (White/Silver and Black Edition are supported) cameras directly over Wifi.
Important note for Hero 3 Black Edition users with FIRMWARE BEFORE 30-JULY-2013: to enable Wifi access on the Black Edition you have to copy a file to the SD card on your GoPro. The file with detailed instructions is available here:
If you have a new firmware (30-July-2013 and later) then this step is not required.
- Support for GoPro Hero 2 (with Wifi Bacpac) and Hero 3 White/Silver/Black Edition
- Fast thumbnail preview of videos and photos (with fast caching)
- Download video preview and full resolution pictures directly over Wifi/WLAN on your mobile device
- Use video preview and pictures on your device for further processing
- Real-time video streaming (long tap on video thumbnail in "Camera Explorer")
- Video player and photo viewer (long tap on thumbnail in "Downloaded" section)
- Support to download thumbnails and full resolution media in background (multi-tasking, e.g. do other things during download)
- Support for full resolution videos (under "Menu" - "Settings").
- Video streaming of full resolution videos might not work well due to limit bandwidth of Wifi and due to high processing requirements. We also recommend to use an external video player like VLC or MX (under "Menu" - "Settings")
- Do not delete LRV files from your GoPro because these are useful for fast video preview.
- The Wifi speed of the GoPro cameras is only around 100 to 400 kB/second which means that file downloads of full resolution photos and preview videos can take some time.