Panorama Assistant helps you to create great high resolution photo panoramas. Sensors such as gyroscope, compass, and accelerometer are used to perfectly align each shot. Panorama Assistant can also be used to calculate panorama vertical and horizontal rotations or as an attachment for external (e.g. DSLR) cameras.
Example mega- and gigapixel panoramas captured with Panorama Assistant can be viewed here: http://pano.mobwheel.com
NOTE: Panorama Assistant does not stitch panoramas but it assists in shooting perfect source images for panoramas which can then be fused into high resolution panoramas using your favorite software such as Photoshop, Autopano, etc.
- Capture source images for panoramas of any type (including spherical) without missing parts of the scene.
- Support for full resolution pictures (allows creating of spherical panoramas of 10th's of Megapixels!).
- Focus/Exposure locking by touching the viewfinder area
- Virtual capturing mode: use Panorama Assistant as a helper gadget for DSLRs (e.g. for Gigapixel panoramas) and compact cameras.
- Automatic or manual capturing: capture images automatically once the phone is in the correct position.
- Continue unfinished panoramas.
- Panorama calculator: calculate horizontal and vertical rotation angles based on sensor size, focal length, overlap, and camera position.
- Support for custom lens presets (can be shared).
- Support for custom photo storage location.
- Support for camera features (phone dependant) such as ISO, flash, focus mode, ...
Panorama Assistant Manual/Parameters: http://mobwheel.com/wb/downloads/panoassistan_parameters.pdf
Important: if horizontal movement does not work (correctly) then the compass is not ready. To fix this, move the phone around for a few seconds until horizontal movements works.