*This app comes downloaded with a free sample book of John. The entire Swindoll Study Bible (which includes the NLT and the Swindoll study content) is available for purchase in the app.*
The Swindoll Study Bible offers the best of Charles Swindoll’s wit, charm, pastoral insight, and wise biblical study directly to you as you study God’s Word. Chuck’s warm, personal style comes across on every page, and his informed, practical insights get straight to the heart of the Bible’s message for the world today. Reading each part of this study Bible is like hearing Charles speak God’s Word directly to your heart. It will both encourage readers’ faith and draw them deeper into the study of God’s Word.
In Chuck’s own words:
“This study Bible was designed with you in mind. As you read the Scriptures, imagine me sitting beside you and sharing personal stories, important insights, and hard-earned lessons that will encourage you to walk more closely with Jesus Christ. You’ll discover the who, what, where, when, why, and how of the Bible. Who wrote it and when? What does it mean, and where did its events occur? Why should I trust it? And most importantly, how can I apply it today?
“It’s that last question more than any other that has fed my passion to publish this Bible. My primary focus in ministry has been teaching biblical insight for living—for genuine life change. After all, that’s why God communicated His Word to us—that we may become like His Son, Jesus Christ, the central figure of this Book.”
- The book of John of the NLT and the Swindoll study content (full version is available for purchase inside the app)
- Book introductions will help you understand what each individual book of the Bible is all about.
- Application Articles are articles where Chuck explains important passages in his winsome and engaging styles.
- People Profiles highlight key figures in the Bible
- Prayer Moments are brief prayers adapted from the ones Chuck delivers at the end of his sermons
- Living Insights are found throughout the Bible
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles and Study Bibles
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Cross references by tap and hold underlined words
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all Android devices
Are we missing any features you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org