The Hazen–Williams equation has the advantage that the coefficient C is not a function of the Reynolds number, but it has the disadvantage that it is only valid for water.
Input parameters are flow, pipe diameter, lenght of pipe and C is a roughness coefficient, known as William Hazens coefficient, with values between 90 (more rough pipes) and 140 (smooth pipes, ex PVC).
You can select between imperial (U.S. customary units) and metric unit (International System of Units).
If you want to take into account the pressure loss in fittings and valves, and the selection coefficient C for each material, then find our version of the application pro at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.transparentblue.headlossplus
• Process descriptions, areas of application and recommended applications
• The recommended/primary coatings and primers
• Alternative coating systems
• DFT (mils) for each coat and total dry mils
• Coating attributes
• And more!
Explore the best coatings for your facility — download the free Water & Wastewater tablet app today!
Current calculations includes softener sizing, Reverse Osmosis performance and normalisation, and Silt Density (Fouling) index calculations.
This version not only covers waste separation bins managed by various government departments as provided in Version 1.0.0, but also collection points for glass bottles, rechargeable batteries, fluorescent lamps, clothes and waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
Besides, “Waste Less” has the following functions:
- “Search” function to find the most suitable recyclable collection point;
- “Clean Recycling” coaches and encourages members of the public to practice some simple steps before recycling;
- “My Recycling Diary” to record their daily recycling efforts;
- “Knowledge” about good waste reduction and recovery practices;
- “News” broadcasts news about waste management, reduction and recovery in Hong Kong;
- “Share” functions to share the contents of this app; and
- Newly added hyperlink to connect with “PSB Charging” app.
Plutocalc models were carefully tuned to minimize the input requirements saving time for the users. Most of the equations are reversible so you can evaluate results for multiple variables.
- 77 equation models
- 2247+ different calculations
- Internal databases for chemicals and standards
- Results as you type
- Plant operation and design emphasis
- Multiple languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
- Beautiful results export/print
- 100% offline,) connection required
- Free and Fast. Very fast!
- Advertise free
Currently supported calculation models:
- Density and concentration
- Flow - mass
- Flow - volumetric
- Flux and rates
- Cylinder volume
- Cone volume
- Cube volume
- Circle properties (radius, diameter, perimeter and area)
- Horizontal cylindrical tank volume
- Triangle properties with sides/angles determination
- Nominal pipe sizes and wall thickness
- Sieve sizes according
- Rainfall volume
Energy and power
- Head loss in pipes
- Open channels or partially filled pipes
- Orifice plates with incompressible fluids
- Parshall flumes flow measurement
- Pump power and energy consumption
- Blowers and compressors power and energy consumption
- Mixing velocity gradient
- Reynolds number and speed
- Periodic table of elements with oxidation states
- Ionic Balance, HCO3 and NH3 equilibrium
- TOC, COD and KMnO4 relations
- Langlier Saturation Index (LSI)
- Silt Density Index - SDI
- Sludge Volume Index - SVI
- Chemical dosing flow, mass and concentrations
- Chemical solutions density database
- Water properties (viscosity, density)
- Gases properties (density and molecular weight)
- Oxygen solubility in water
- Multiple streams blending
Adsorption and Ion Exchange
- Sorption/Exchange capacity
- Empty Bed Contact Time and BV/h
- Ion Exchange regeneration
Filters and membranes
- Cylindrical filter rate and speed
- Membranes flux
- Recovery for membranes in series
- Normalized permeability
- Granular media head loss (sand, resins, anthracite, carbon and custom)
- Granular media backwash expansion rate
- Disinfection with Chlorine, Chlorine Dioxide, Chloramines and Ozone
- Disinfection with Chlorine for Giardia Cysts
- Iron oxidation and precipitation
- Manganese oxidation and precipitation
- Sludge from chemicals
- Food-to-microorganisms ratio - F/M
- Ultimate BOD
- Surface loading rate - circular
- Surface loading rate - rectangular
- Hydraulic retention time - HRT
- Solids retention time - SRT
- Solids loading rate
- Volumetric solids loading rate
- Return activated sludge recycle - RAS
- Discrete sedimentation
- Sludge concentration and mass
- Sludge age
- Ordinary annuity
- Annuity due
- Compound annual growth rate - CAGR
- Interest rate conversions
- Simple interest
Please visit www.plutocalc.com for other versions of this app
NOTICE ABOUT PRIVACY:
*To add a plant press the sprout with the plus
*To edit a plant "long press" (press and hold) on its entry
*Press menu to edit the alert options
1. Data Logging
Following data can be entered and send to the server. Operator should follow Units given below:
Flow rate (GPM)
Totalized Flow (Gallons)
Temperature ( ̊F )
2. Maintenance Note
Following data can be entered and send to server. Operator can also send same report through Email:
Pictures from Gallery or by Camera.
Equipment Data and Maintenance Note can be easily uploaded to the server. Data can be reviewed on the website by authorized users at any time.
The App guides you intuitively through the selection process. Once the hydraulic data, the medium to be conveyed and the planned installation location have been defined, a selection will be made from proper wastewater pumps of the company JUNG PUMPEN. The unit’s characteristic curve as well as the pump’s characteristic curve will be issued mathematically and graphically.
Features at a glance:
- individual application profiles
- wide range of defined properties, types of water and installation locations
- selection list of common drainage fixtures (e.g. toilet, washbasin, etc.)
- verification of input data and calibration with built-in rules
- determining the required flow rate
- calculation of the operating points
- referral service for pumps
- additional multimedia information (product and pipe tables, 3D-animations etc.
- detailed help
- memory function
The application is offered with a German, English and Italian user interface.
Note: Please note that you need an internet connection!