With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
may not work on many Galaxy Devices including Galaxy Nexus (OMAP devices)
**To Download A-GPS assist data, Active Internet Connection REQUIRED**
This application downloads A-GPS Xtra data and NTP data to fix GPS faster automatically when GPS in use.
especially for some custom ROMs, GPS is broken due to data not downloaded automatically.
* Click the widget to download and inject the NTP time and AGPS data into the gpsOne engine.
* Display the AGPS injection date and time in the widget.
* Decide to show which type of the notification after the AGPS injection is finished.
* Schedule the AGPS injection.
* Jump to the built-in Location setting if GPS is off.
* Decide whether to auto inject the AGPS data when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
* Not all GPS-enabled devices support AGPS injection. (All Qualcomm CPU-equipped devices should be supported.)
* Internet is required to download the NTP time and AGPS data.
* You need to turn GPS on when injecting the AGPS data.
Please visit http://androidforum.tytung.com/android-app-agps-injector-widget-t97.html for more info.
* Fix the bugs in v1.0.4.
* Add a checkbox to decide whether to auto inject the AGPS data every time when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
* Add a confirm dialog before going to the built-in Location setting if clicking the "Inject now" button and GPS is off.
* Jump to the built-in Location setting if GPS is off.
* Fix the false negative message again.
* Fix the false negative message that AGPS injection is not supported by the device.
* Fix the force close when running the app after unchecked "Show this dialog every time".
* Add the source code compatibility to fix a bug on Gingerbread.
* Enable Proguard to optimize the app size.
* Popup a message if the AGPS injection is not supported by the device.
* Add a "Inject now" button to the app.
* Bug fixes.
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
Since Android 4.4 the /system partition can not be mounted rw for some devices (Note3 fore example) by this app. This has to be done manually before installing the custom gps.conf file before choosing to install. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
This app does installs a customized gps.conf file for your GPS. It has several different profiles to choose from. We recommend to use the default Google profile but it is up to you. Appart from the profiles you can customize the one chosen.
Derek Gordon maintains a special NTP server pool for you. Dispite what everyone thinks, it is not necessarily the one closest to you which is the best. We consider Derek Gordon's server to be the best option to choose because it has the best data and is most frequently updated.
For more information about the NTP server check out the "About this app" section found under the settings of this app. Also, feel free to visit derekgordon.com for more in depth information.
Derek Gordon maintains a special aGPS almanac for devices using Qualcomm or similar chipsets. This xtra.bin data file is updated every 30 minutes and is located on a content delivery system maintained by the generous donations of ther userbase.
To maintain the server we need money. Donations through this app will be divided between Derek Gordon (Crypted on XDA) and Zatta (on XDA).
Each star costs 2 Euro and will reduce the waiting time before you can install the patch. 0 star users wait 20 seconds, 1 star users 10, 2 star users only 5 and 3 star users and Premium users can install immediately.
You can become a premium user for only 5 Euro. This is a discount of 1 euro compared to a three star user!
We choose this method to allow every one to use all features of this app and because we believe in XDA developers users. Please, don't leech!
Backup and restore
On the first run of this app a backup is made on your SD card. Don't remove it because a backup is only made during the first run (or at an update if you choose to remove it anyway) and no other backup is found on your SD card.
The patch this app provides is located on your /system partition so every time you do update your ROM the patch is overwritten and you will have to redo the patch.
Unless you are using a Cyanogenmod based ROM and your rom has addon.d support. In that case a script will be placed in the addon.d directory to preserve the patch. It can be disabled in the app's settings but is enabled by default.
On ASUS roms a typical file is present at /system/etc/gps, namely the gpsconfig.xml file. This app pathes that file as well, to be specific the PeriodicTimeOutSec parameter. Of course a backup is made of this file as well.
Special thanks to Sneakyghost for translating this app to German!
These are the main features:
- Displays latitude, longitude and altitude using the mobile phone GPS sensor
- Geographic coordinates are expressed in decimal degrees
- Uses the WGS84 datum, the same used in GPS devices and Google Maps
- Displays the current heading based on the Earth's magnetic field. It can be used as a compass (0º=North, 90º=East, 180º=South, 270º=West)
- Can store a target position and display the bearing and distance from your present position
- Can send the target position to Google Maps, allowing sharing with other applications. This option requires internet access
- Works in old devices and uses little battery
- Always will be 100% free
Enjoy ! :-)
Download periodically XtraData(A-GPS Aid data),
it would intensify GPS performance.
provide compass & simple location information.
change method to advertise
support keeping screen on when see compass(optional)
add compass and location information
support clear xtra data cache
check GPS enabled.
Small bug fixed.
In the first place, you have to choose the Application-GPS (Sygic, Navigon, MapFactor, ....) from the list of applications. A Desktop-Link is then automatically created.
- The application requires access to the Internet every time it runs. It will download and inject AGPS data (10-20Kb)
- In principle, the application was developed for MTK Chips (MTK 6575,6577,6589,6515, ...). For these Chips:
1) If present, disable EPO (you will not need it anymore)
2) IMPORTANT: If present, activate AGPS (usually this option disapears with 4.2 Android-ROM , even though there is AGPS).
Please ensure that this option is enabled, if present
- Other phones that have GPS / AGPS can benefit from this App (Optimus 4x, Galaxy S2 -first Version-
How to know if this App can help me:
1) Slowly Receipt of Satellites Information.
2) Receipt of Satellites Information , but there is no FIX.
The application does not need root.
Choose an application from the menu and start it right after A-GPS download request.
This is ad-supported version, extra permissions required by the ad network SDK. Core functionality is the same as the full version. The full (paid) version is temporarily not available (existing customers WILL receive all updates). Stay tuned!
* Not all GPS-enabled devices support A-GPS download. Application tries to test whether it is supported or not during the first start.
* Internet connectivity required to download A-GPS data.
-redrawing only once a second not to waste battery
-getting A-GPS (Assisted GPS) data automatically at start-up (only for Qualcomm GPS chip models)
-drawing positions of sats not captured with A-GPS data (only for Qualcomm GPS chip models)
-movable to SD card
-push the menu button to launch a map centered around the measured point.
-push the volume-up button to show / hide the latitude and longitude.
-flick the screen to switch SNR mode / PRN mode.
GPS Status - Raw GPS data: Number of Satellites, Location, Altitude, Accuracy and Speed.
GPS Fix - Reset your GPS state and download assistance data if your GPS is not working.
Magnet - Get magnetic field strength readings from your magnetometer. You can use this to calibrate your compass. Wave your phone in a figure 8 pattern and if the two values match, your magnetometer is calibrated.
You need a clear view of the sky to get a GPS signal, ideally outside or at least near a window.
To calibrate your compass, please stand clear of metal objects or electronics.
Tap on the values to change units. Speed: m/s, km/h, mph, knots. Length: m, ft. Location: degrees, minutes, seconds.
Some Motorola phones can't get a GPS fix if the device is set to Airplane mode.
Thanks for downloading!
- Check your GPS signal strength
- Check how many satellites are being used to pinpoint your location
- Check your location accuracy
- Measure the distance between two points (ie like a tape measure)
- Trace your route
New improvement will be available soon.
IMPORTANT: go outdoors to detect the GPS satellites!
Functionalities: GPS Glonass QZSS BeiDou Satellite Compass GoogleMaps OSM OSMDroid OpenStreetMap Bing BingMap Yandex Map Test AGPS A-GPS UTM MGRS Maidenhead WGS84 Xtra data Datum GPS/KM VMG (Velocity Made Good)
**Not for usage on phones with android 4.2 or newer**
- Root access required -
- BusyBox Required -
- New HTC phones need NAND-unlock -
This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you. Select one from the list, or add your own.
If the app doesn't work, please use "root checker" to check if you are correctly rooted and busybox is installed before you give a bad rating.
❧❧❧❧❧ Dashboard ❧❧❧❧❧
Shows navigation values such as: Accuracy, Altitude, Speed, Battery, Bearing, Climb, Course, Date, Declination, Distance, ETA, Latitude, Longitude, Max Speed, Min Speed, Actual Speed, True Speed, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonset, Moonrise, Moon Phase, Target, Time, TTG, Turn.
❧❧❧❧❧ Compass ❧❧❧❧❧
Show the orientation of the earth's magnetic field, shows an arbitrary tracking angle and the current target. Also a marine orienteering compass.
❧❧❧❧❧ Tracks ❧❧❧❧❧
Record tracks and view them on map. Export KML files and import into Google Maps, Google Earth and others.
❧❧❧❧❧ Routes ❧❧❧❧❧
Manage routes and view them on map. Import KML files from Google Maps, Google Earth and others. Create turn-by-turn instructions between waypoints.
❧❧❧❧❧ Camera ❧❧❧❧❧
A camera HUD (heads-up display) view to show your waypoints, take pictures and share them.
❧❧❧❧❧ Map ❧❧❧❧❧
A map to show your waypoints. Convert mail addresses of your contacts to waypoint so that they can be used within the app.
Supports Google Maps, MapQuest, OpenStreetMap and others.
Supports Google Maps v2: Indoor Maps, Traffic, Buildings, Satellite and Terrain layers and map rotation.
❧❧❧❧❧ Waypoints ❧❧❧❧❧
A list of all your waypoints with export and import (KML, KMZ, GPX and LOC format).
❧❧❧❧❧ Satellites ❧❧❧❧❧
A sky view of the current positions that shows satellites in view.
❧❧❧❧❧ Features ❧❧❧❧❧
Supported position formats: UTM, MGRS, OSGB, Degree-Minute-Second, Degree-Minute-Fractions, Decimal, Mils. Supports over 230 datums.
Waypoints, routes and tracks can be exported as KML or GPX files and sent by email or uploaded to Google Docs or DropBox.
Please open the web page below for more info, send me emails for support. I CANNOT HELP IF YOU SIMPLY PLACE A COMMENT HERE.
Purchase the "GPS Essentials Donation Plugin" on Android Market if you want to support development.
The latest beta release is available at http://www.gpsessentials.com for download. Try out the latest features and help us improve GPS Essentials!
If you are on Facebook, come and join GPS Essentials for the latest info: http://www.gpsessentials.com
THIS APP WILL SHOW ADVERTISING. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INSTALLING/UPDATING.
GPS Essentials is not affiliated with any political party nor with any other organization mentioned in the ads, and it has no connection with any economic interests. If you don't like the ads, please contact AdMob.
WHAT ARE THE PERMISSIONS GOOD FOR?
✓ Coarse/Fine location: To access network locations and GPS
✓ Full internet access: To read map tiles, send bug reports
✓ Modify/delete USB storage contents: To write waypoints, tracks and images onto the SD card
✓ Read phone state and identity: To tag pictures with the device ID (can be switched off in settings)
✓ Take pictures and videos: Camera HUD, take pictures
✓ Your accounts: Required to run Google Maps v2
As a goody, GPS Essentials will run ads-free on your phone when this plugin is installed.
Please send an email if you have problems.
Note: You have to restart GPS Essentials to make the ads disappear after installing this plugin.
Create routes where there are no roads or trails.
Ground Guidance is patented, fielded software that plans fast and concealed routes on- and off-road. It's usage is currently limited to the continental United States, Primordial is currently in the process of creating a global-coverage map.
The plugin is currently limited to waypoints that are at most 10km (about 6.2mi) apart.
This app is a plugin for GPS Essentials, please download and install GPS Essentials to make use of it. GPS Essentials features a demo of this plugin so that you can test before purchasing.
Ground Guidance is a registered trademark of Primordial.com