What are mnemonics?
Mnemonics are simply mental "hooks" your brain can use to easily store and recall information. For instance, let's say you would like to memorize the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Input this into Mnemonic Generator and you'll get:
Ruthless Obedient Youths Gutted Bewildered Irishmen Verbally.
The more absurd and surreal the sentence sounds, the better! Now instead of trying to recall which color comes after yellow or blue, you can picture some Ruthless Obedient Youths Gutting Bewildered Irishmen, and use the first letter of each word as a hint for the real word (e.g. Ruthless means Red, and Obedient means Orange).
Mnemonic Generator provides instant inspiration for your mnemonics by creating vivid, easy to remember sentences that are also grammatically correct. Use the generated mnemonics as is, or as a starting point for your own personalized mnemonics.
- Learn more effectively and ace your exams
- Impress your friends with feats of memory
- Keep todos, phone numbers, shopping lists and other information at your fingertips
IELTS Word Power allows you to:
• Learn English and improve your vocabulary.
• Prepare for the IELTS test with all the information for candidates.
• Find the nearest IELTS test centre.
"This app is very useful because it uses not only pictures and words but also a narration technique. Out of my at least 7 vocab apps i like this one the most. I definitely recommend."
By Christopher Shepherd Sep 2010 (For our iPhone version of this app)
"I learned and mastered 30+ words in 10 minutes! 100% recommended."
By Rinagirl Sep 28, 2010 (For our iPhone version of this app)
This premium app is a fun & effective way to learn hard SAT Words using humorous illustrations and professional narrations. As if a real teacher is teaching you meaning of every word through the use of high quality illustrations and usage sentences in his own voice.
Each narration lasts less than a minute but covers the essence and core meaning of the word in multiple contexts which speeds up learning. Our multi-sensory approach allows your brain to firmly plant every word.
"Love how it reads the words. Took 2 weeks and I have every word memorized."
By Comicgeek246 Nov 30, 2010 (For our iPhone version of this app)
"Never thought pictures help memorize more words in a much shorter period of time. Very effective for the SAT verbal"
By lbo2100 Nov 28, 2010 (For our iPhone version of this app)
"One of the best put together vocabulary apps that I have tried. A lot of the apps out there are painfully boring but this one helps you learn quick and in a fun way."
By Aggiepatten Sep 25 (For our iPhone version of this app)
Don’t have time to cram boring vocabulary lists? Kept postponing vocabulary building and now the SAT is near. Afraid of the huge word list?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions then this App is for you.
VocabAhead provides a full-brain learning approach to understanding and mastering tough English words for standardized tests such as SAT, ACT and GRE. The combined effect of audio and visuals builds necessary connections that make the recall of the meaning effortless.
This App helps you learn these words through
- the use of visuals
- high quality audios
- contextual usage in multiple example sentences
Not only do you hear correct American English pronunciations from narrators but also you can hear how the word can be used in example sentences. Humor in cartoons makes it easy to remember the meaning of each word and as a whole makes the whole learning process fun and entertaining.
The Quiz section provides multiple choice questions where choices are generated randomly for reach word. Each correctly answered word is automatically moved to the 'Mastered List' from the list of words called 'Don't Know'. Performance is tracked automatically since the App keeps track of the words you have mastered or those that you don't know, you do not need to worry about managing the lists at all. You just have to learn the words and confirm your learning by taking Quizzes regularly. Your goal should be to move all the vocab words to the 'Mastered List' by taking quizzes and answering the questions correctly!
SAT is a registered Trade Mark of the College Board.
iPhone is a registered Trade Mark of Apple Inc
Preparation study guide for College entrance exams. Learn more than 4000 vocabulary words for GRE, SAT, PSAT, ACT, & GMAT exams (English). The Top 4000 GRE/SAT Vocab Flashcards are study guide which reinforces knowledge and skill requirements that can help prepare you for exams.
Learn GRE Vocabulary in a painless and efficient way.
* most common GRE words with meaning and examples
* traditional word cards
* Excellent word search facility
* Words are randomly presented on the screen.
* You can choose the words starting from a alphabet or you can seach from search screen to master the GRE Vocab.
This is a great Vocab builder to improve your vocan for exams such as GRE, SAT, PSAT, ACT, & GMAT. and let you learn on the go.
TAGS: GRE, SAT ,GMAT, Flash Cards, Words, Word Lists, tests, Sentence Completion, Quant, Quantitative, Maths, MBA entrance exams, Vocabulary Builder, GRE words, SAT words, Vocab FlashCards, Vocabulary ,GRE Vocab, Flashcards.
Vocabulary builder, Vocabulary, English Vocabulary, Vocabulary Worksheets, Vocabulary Words, Vocabulary Activities, Vocabulary Flashcards, Vocab, Vocabulary Strategies, Increase Vocabulary, GRE Vocab
Features of GRE/SAT/GMAT Vocab FlashCards :
1. Root Words - Upto 4000 roots with example words(Very useful for GRE GMAT SAT & CAT aspirants).
2. A huge collection of powerful and important words(very helpful for students appearing for GRE, SAT, GMAT, CAT, etc.)
3. A great tool for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, SAT, MBA, CAT and other Competitive Exams aspirants for preparing English Vocabulary/English Wordlist.
4. Very useful to learn GRE vocabulary/GRE wordlist/English Vocabulary/English Wordlist
5. PowerVocab is specifically helpful for students of SAT, GRE, GMAT, and ASVAB, who are looking to substantially enhance their vocabulary into top tier. This app lets you build a lifelong critical skill without paying thousands of dollars.
The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are both essential in getting into competitive colleges. Our online games are great tool to help you refresh and enhance your vocabulary and prepare you to get that great score on either exam. Have fun, enjoy, and good luck!
SAT vocabulary testing is assessed in several sections of this pre-college exam, although none of sections fall under the actual heading of 'vocabulary'. The College Board SAT, which was first introduced in the U.S. in 1901, has undergone name, grading and category changes several times in the past one hundred plus years.
SAT vocabulary proficiency comes into play in two sections that make up the SAT exam, critical reading and writing. Adequate reading comprehension depends quite a bit on the reader's ability to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words from the context in which they're found.
The designers of the test know that if a student is going to do well in college that they must have a reasonably good command of English vocabulary. Otherwise, they will be handicapped when it comes to reading through the various textbooks and communicating their thoughts and ideas fluidly.
It's important for high school students planning to take the SAT test to start building their vocabulary early on, as this isn't something you can do overnight. One of the best ways to do this is to read, read, and read. Read fiction, non-fiction, newspapers, magazines, online, etc. When you run across words you don't know either look them up immediately or jot them down and look them up later. Spend some time on this EVERY DAY. Make it a habit.
GMAT mark is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®. GMAC® does not endorse, nor is affiliated in any way with my web site.
- Quick Drill lets user test skills along with graphical performance tools
- Check out its great feature before you pay to unlock 2500+ essential GRE words
This is NOT just a word bank. It takes learning to a next level by providing effective tools to monitor performance, group word or narrow down wordlist by tossing words that are mastered.
No Wi-Fi or Data connection required.
- High frequency essential GRE words with sentence examples.
- Roots, Prefix and Suffix with examples.
- Pie-charts and bar graph helps track progress.
- Create your own list from words within.
- Search words from the database.
- Narrow down wordlist by TOSS-ing words that are mastered.
- Match words against their meaning by drag and drop.
- Timer helps simulate exam-like pressure.
- customize scope of words in the quiz i.e. by alphabets or difficulty level etc.
- effective graphical user interface
- provides all other obvious score data
GRE is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Services (ETS). ETS neither sponsors nor endorses this product or any of its content.
There may be a possibility of some bugs, inaccuracies or typographical errors for which the owner cannot be held liable.
The owner can make changes or modifications including deletions to the contents, the product and software given here at any time without notice.
When you're standing in line, waiting for something, why waste time. You can use WPME to build up your vocabulary even in that short period of time.
We try to keep the process as fast as possible:
You will get random words from a very big offline in-app dictionary. You have to guess the meaning of the word in 1 second otherwise the app will show it to you. So you need to be fast. You can tap anywhere to get the next word.
This application need no special permissions.
* You don't need internet connection to use this application.
* You will get addicted to it.
This is the Lite version for GRE Flashcards. The full version has over 2200 different GRE Vocabulary Flashcards to master the vocabulary to do well on that section on the GRE.
The program itself offers various features and options for a great and convenient learning environment which include:
- Ability to Randomize cards
- Can Flag cards for later use
- Grade cards by using gestures
- Study only missed cards, only new cards, only correct cards, flagged cards, or study all cards
- Study all categories or selected categories
- Timed mode to automatically flip card and advance cards.
- Ability to edit and delete cards
- Convenient statistics panel to see progress
- Can change background color and text color
- Can change text size
- Can see back of card first
If you enjoy our Lite version, you can purchase our full version on the app store.
Try it out!
This feature rich SAT vocab app is compatible for all android devices with O.S 2.3 and above.
With SAT Prep Vocab Practice you can learn meaning, usage, synonyms, antonyms, origin and other important fields of SAT words. Increase your SAT Vocab while entertaining with interactive games and quizzes based on flashcards and mnemonic techniques. It also builds your english grammar basics while preparing for SAT questions.
Listen to the phonetics and pronunciation for SAT vocabulary words
Free SAT Vocabulary practice for reading, listening, speaking.
Staples feature allows you to add your most practiced words of SAT vocabulary.
Potpourri gives you every field of a particular word like meaning, synonym, antonym etc. in one table.
Revise & practice for the quizzes you have played to enhance your memory.
Clues are included in every game to help you for your SAT practice test
The app allows you to create your own custom flashcards or edit the set that it comes with. GRE Flashcards 3700 supports Text To Speech (TTS) and will say the vocab for you when TTS is turned on.
exams like SAT, GRE and GMAT. This app is built by students
of MIT based on the latest research from MIT Computer Science and Web
It uses latest machine learning algorithms and web semantic techniques
to collapse billions of possibilities into comprehensible probabilistic profile
information, in real-time. It completely controls the learning environment,
so that you do not have to plan your learning approach. All you need to
do is interact. The more you practice, the more it learns about you and
figures out words that are difficult for you. It ensures you achieve the top
score competitive exams.
Features:—> 600+ words ( common words from competitive exams ) in
the lite version
—> Intelligent algorithm to customize the learning experience.
—> Key aspect of the app is the practice session.
—> Words in practice session are customized based on your expertise
level, and your comfort level with the words.
—> 2 parameters are used to profile users. “Expert Level” of the user
and “Commitment level” of the user. Expert Level – determined based on
the interactions with the words. Commitment Level – determined based
on the interactions with the iPhone App/AI engine.
1) Contains 300 plus formulae/definitions
2) Chapter wise listing
3) Provides search with keywords
4) No GPRS required after installation
1) Physics Formulae
2) Physics Definitions
3) Maths Formulae
4) Chemistry Definitions
* Over 4800 Words
* Each word with its meaning and usage
* Search through the word list
* Bookmark important/difficult to remember words
* Review the bookmarked list
* Revise words based on recent history
* Listen to word & meaning with US/UK accent
* Home Screen Widget with periodic random words
* Ad-free version
Dhagedore is an upcoming Marathi Film starring Umesh Kamat, Sai Tamhankar, Bhargavi Chirmule & Vinay Apte. It is set to release on 4th May 2012.
Synopsis - Find out what the movie is all about
Cast n Crew - The team behind Dhagedore
Audio - Audio clips of the songs along with the lyrics
Video - Promo of the movie
Photo Gallery - Beautiful movie posters
Special offer for Dhagedore user's - Get 3 months complimentary copy of Quick Heal Mobile Security for Android!!!
Visit Movie Page on FB:
R.D.Burman Filmography is a tribute by www.panchammagic.org to the legendary music composer. It is an easy reference App that provides list of each and every Hindi movie and its songs for which RD composed music.
1. Browse RD's Hindi movie catalog. For selected movie, check out details and the list of songs.
2. Alphabetical index to browse movies.
3. Search song by any keyword. Click search result to view its movie.
4. Share button on home screen.