Floating compass is a see-through compass that floats on top of other applications ensuring it is always visible. It takes account of true north declination and points at true north, not magnetic north. You can set a desired heading and then keep the green arrow pointing to the top of the device to follow that heading. The compass can be dragged around the screen to any position of your choosing. If the app is unable to calculate true north declination then the centre spot of the compass becomes red to inform you that it is pointing at magnetic north.
Your device needs to have both magnetic and accelerometer sensors in order for this app to work correctly. Please note that this app is as accurate as your device's hardware; avoid using it anywhere near metallic objects or magnetic fields as these will significantly affect accuracy.
* Permissions Used
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - This is required to allow the app to float over other apps.
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - This is required to correctly calculate true north declination. The app uses the most recent location available and does not cause location updates, if no location is available the compass points to magnetic north.
* Device Support
This application is designed to run on devices running Android 2.2 or above with magnetic and accelerometer sensors. It has been tested on an HTC Desire running Android 2.2 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.1. We apologise if the application does not work on your Android 2.2 or above device; please report the issue so that we can try to resolve it.
Possible uses include: aviation, diving, golf, hunting, and geocaching. Set a POI from your current location when you park and use True Bearing to find you car later.
• Tracks your current location and the current true heading of your android device
• Select a point-of-interest (POI) using Google maps, by entering latitude and longitude explicitly, or from your current location
• Allows one to save a recall POIs
• Displays in street mode or satellite view mode
• Displays distance in: feet, yards, meters, kilometers, miles, or nautical miles
• Several bugs were fixed
• General stability enhancements were implemented
• The ability to save and recall POIs
• Various auto-fit modes to help position and scale the map.
• A new GUI that enables one to easily:
- Set the POI from your current location
- Bring up the lat/log POI dialog
- Center and Fit the current bearing on the screen
- Save and recall POIs
• Various other small change
1.Enter locations to find its latitude and longitude.
3.Add locations using Google Maps.
6.Nearby search, e.g. store, ATM or cafe.
Keywords : Geo, Bearing, Compass, Coordinates, GPS, Radar, Map, Orthodromic, Tracking, Location, Pointer, Speed.
Smarter than your average compass! Compass Geek can be calibrated to work in places most compass applications will not, like in a car, boat or plane. There are a number of compass applications available, but Compass Geek exists because I needed a compass that could be calibrated to work in a car and I couldn't find one. Compass Geek is capable of correcting for the hard and soft iron distortions in the local magnetic field caused by metals and electronics.
Compass Geek attempts to produce the most accurate compass possible by optimizing sensor fusions for your Android devices specific hardware. Compass Geek provides both hand-held and vehicle modes for vehicle-docks and can even compensate for hard-iron offsets produced by a vehicles metal frame and electronics. Compass Geek can be calibrated to work in most cars, planes or boats and works where many compasses will not. You can even log your location, bearing and speed to an external spreadsheet file so you can view your route later on!
Choose from up to eight unique gauge skins to get the look and feel you want. You can even graph the bearing in real time to see just how awesome your compass is working.
• Tilt compensation from the gyroscopes and acceleration sensors are used to compensate for the tilt of the device
• Magnetic declination compensation for earth’s magnetic field with the GPS sensor
• Hard-iron offset calibrations for vehicles like cars, planes and boats
• View the bearing from the magnetic field and GPS as well as the location
• Measure the rotation of the device and the magnitude of local magnetic field
• Alerts when the magnetic field is out of the expected range
• Log the devices location, bearing and speed to an external spreadsheet file
• Select from 8 unique, super awesome hardware accelerated gauge skins
• View the bearing, magnetic field, rotation of the device, the location of the device and more
• Graph the bearing from the magnetic field and GPS in real time and log the data to an external file
• Find your bearing hiking up a really big mountain
• Log your route and speed while skiing down a really big mountain
• Find your car in the middle of nowhere after getting off the mountain
• Calibrate the compass for your planes hard-iron offset for your flight home
• Attempt to locate lost survey markers that have been lost for decades
• Follow a route on a map that looks much easier on paper
• Calibrate the compass in your car attempting to find that road that you should have passed by now
• Find your way home when you were fishing on a boat and the fog decided to roll in
• Use the magnetic fields magnitude as a metal detector
• Brag to your friends that your compass application is cooler than theirs is
The only AR bearing + baseplate compass on Google Play !
* Measure and record headings on paper or digital maps.
* Head towards the right direction using the Augmented Reality Heads-Up overlay.
* Take and record bearings in the field.
* Fast and stable.
For best results:
* calibrate the magnetic sensors every time you use the application: move your device along a "8" shaped path several times
* some protective cases and pouches include a MAGNET. If this is your case, please keep the magnet away from your device when using the application.
Features of the free version:
* Baseplate compass with rotating dial and precise heading display.
* Baseplate compass background can be set to camera preview or picture. Very useful if you have maps stored as pictures on your device.
* Bearing compass with 2 Augmented Reality (AR) modes: ruler overlay and viewfinder overlay.
* 4 different overlay transparency levels.
* Sensor accuracy indication.
* Autofocus and macro focus (if supported by device camera).
* Field of View automatic detection and calibration.
* Sensor update rate settings.
* Sensor filtering settings.
* Easy to use
* Detailed user guide
Paid Pro-version includes following extra features:
* Pitch (aka tilt) display.
* Augmented Reality (AR) screenshots to record headings and bearings in all modes.
* True/Geographic North indication (magnetic declination correction using a numerical model and GPS or network based geolocation).
* Manual location settings to get the magnetic declination without GPS nor network connection
* Augmented Reality (AR) screenshots geo-tagging (GPS or network based geolocation) and time.
* Bearing and pitch stored in EXIF.
* EXIF data overlaid on snapshot
* Augmented Reality (AR) screenshots resolution settings.
* Removal of ads and Goodbye screen.
Numerous applications including:
* Outdoor activities
* Topographic and site survey
A baseplate compass is also named a protractor compass or an orienteering compass.
A bearing compass is also named a sighting compass, a survey compass or a field compass.
!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!
Sensors behavior can vary a lot between devices.
If AR Bearing Compass does not work properly on your device, please drop me an email indicating your device model and Android version and a description of the issue.
1. It is an Ads free app.
2. In the screen of GPS Compass, the heading degree, directions in words, Latitude and Longitude of GPS are displayed.
3. The accuracy of GPS Compass can be varied that depends on your phone's ability.
4. This app was tested on Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia L, Samsung Tab 2 and Acer Iconia Tab a100, this app was working on all of the above devices accurately.
1, Install the app
2. Open the app. It will prompt you to turn on the Location Services of your smart- phone if the Location Services is off.
3. After you turned on the Location Services, press on the return button at the bottom of your phone's screen.
4. GPS Compass app is now starting to search and receive GPS data.
5. Enjoy the GPS Compass app.
• Accurate GPS coordinates
• Saves multiple GPS markers
• GPS tracking made easy
• Simple GPS maps
• Cool, feature-rich compass picture
• Instantly know your current GPS status and position
• It’s FREE!
Don’t know how to use a compass? This app makes using compasses easy with GPS markers. Simply create a GPS marker for any location. Then, look for the marker on the compass. As you change directions, the marker will indicate if you are heading to or going away from the desired location. Add markers while you’re hiking a trail, camping in the forest or gone fishing.
Lead the way with the best compass and GPS handheld solution for Android, download GPS Navigation Compass for FREE!
Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
We are operated by SplashPad Mobile, a top Android app developer. Your app experience is important to us. If you encounter any problems or issues, email email@example.com for a direct response.
More from developer
Whether it's mushroom picking, fishing, hunting, hiking, parking, or anything else where you want to save your current position and later find you way back to it.
Simply click a button, add a comment and you will always be able to find your way back to the "Sweetspot".
Click another button, choose your "Sweetspot" and you will be pointed in the correct direction, and the distance to the target is shown.
The user interface is very innovative and has a beautiful design.
Sweetspot is very easy to use, and anyone can master it.
A Compass is included.