You also have the option to show the signal strength as a percentage on your device's task bar.
The app is constantly updating the signal strength so you can walk around your house, work, or anywhere your connected to WiFi to find the best connection.
Discover the perfect spot for your wireless router, access point, or wireless gaming console by using Wi-Fi SweetSpots!
Available on Android with a simple, easy-to-use design.
tags: wifi, wi-fi, hotspot, speed, wireless, cloudcheck, sweetspot, router
Spirit level, magnetic field, geo data (location).
Due to the camera function you can directly focus on a point through your device and get the exact cardinal point.
* get the perfect contrast by choosing your own layout colors
* portrait and landscape mode (optimized for tablets)
* shows your location via gps or network
* spirit level: acoustic and visiual feedback, decimal places, calibration is possible, x and y values can be swapped
* the strength of the magnetic field is displayed
* the app can be moved to sd card
* many other settings..
- The accuracy of the measurement depends on your device's sensors.
- From time to time it may be necessary to CALIBRATE the compass by drawing an eight in the air with your advice.
- The compass works most accurate when the device is in a complete flat or upright position.
- Avoid magnets and electric fields nearby as they influence the sensors. The magnetic field of the earth ranges from about 30 to 60 micro Tesla.
- The rotation in the horizontal position is measured using the compass, thus the accuracy depends on the magnetic field.
Great for map readers as it allows you to view the compass directly on top of a map through the phone’s camera.
Survey Compass AR has three modes:
- "Ruler mode" shows North, South, East, and West, as well as orientation markings directly on the camera view
- "Grid mode" shows a grid overlaid on the camera view with orientation and elevation markings
- "Classic mode" shows a 3D classic compass
Note that this app relies on the magnetometer of your mobile device so accuracy may vary. Also, please check that your device isn’t being affected by a magnetic field. There is advice on calibrating your device within the app.
This app is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
- OpenStreetMap point of interests
- OpenStreetMap address search
- GPS addresses (suitable e.g. for geocaching, etc.)
- Compass directions (north, south, etc.)
Any target can also be stored as a bookmark for later use. This app uses AR (Augmented Reality) technology: the compass arrow always points in the direction you need to travel to reach your target.
This app makes use of OpenStreetMap (OSM, www.openstreetmap.org), a community driven map dataset and the OSM servers nominatim.openstreetmap.org and overpass-api.de. Many thanks to the OSM community for their effort!
Note that in order to use the OpenStreetMap search internet access is required. Note also that this app does not do any road routing (it shows you the straight direction to the target).
If you have any questions or feedback please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether it's mushroom picking, fishing, hunting, hiking, parking, or anything else where you want to save your current position and later find you way back to it.
Simply click a button, add a comment and you will always be able to find your way back to the "Sweetspot".
Click another button, choose your "Sweetspot" and you will be pointed in the correct direction, and the distance to the target is shown.
The user interface is very innovative and has a beautiful design.
Sweetspot is very easy to use, and anyone can master it.
A Compass is included.