Download the Free Golden Quest Discovery Trail app and be guided through some of the historic and remote regions of the Western Australian Goldfields.
Since its launch in 2003, tens of thousands of adventurers from all parts of the globe have embarked upon the Golden Quest Discovery Trail. At almost 1,000 kilometres in length, it provides a rewarding exploration of a region that has contributed significantly to the fortunes of Australia as a nation. Indeed, Western Australia’s Goldfields is a region of surprisingly diverse landscapes, of remarkably rich history and heritage, and of memorable experiences for the contemporary traveller.
On behalf of the Board of the Goldfields Tourism Network, welcome to our territory. It’s no longer an actual ‘wild west’ frontier but it remains a vibrant force in furthering our nation’s well-being.
For the full story, we recommend that you purchase the Golden Quest Discovery Trail Guidebook. This book brings to life the rich history of the region.
- Real-time GPS: track your location on a map at all times.
- Trail Notes that describes the road journey between each site.
- Features Stories that are relevant to each site.
- Four Sectional Trail Maps that detail each section of the trail journey.
- Services: Find Meal, Accommodation, Shopping, Fuel or Visitor Centres nearby you.
- Trail Audio files that complement the information at the stopping points along the Trail.
See more at: http://goldenquesttrail.com