Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
• Quickly view an HD animated doppler weather radar for anywhere in the contiguous United States.
• Check the current temperature and other weather conditions in any U.S. city.
• Read the latest alerts and hazardous weather discussion from the NOAA NWS in your area.
• Weather radar, alerts, and forecast all come directly from your local NOAA NWS office.
• Forecasts from the NOAA NWS are some of the most accurate available.
Whether you want to know when it will rain, or you need to know how strong the storms are on the horizon and which direction they're moving, install the Radar Express weather radar app on your mobile phone or tablet now.
Radar Express is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the National Weather Service. It is an unofficial app.
Use RadarNow! to quickly see an animated radar image and current conditions! No digging through menus to see if a storm is on the way!
Note: Don't want to use this version? Want the "old" one back? Search for "RadarNow! Classic" in Google Play.
RadarNow! provides National Weather Service (NWS) Enhanced Radar "Base" (N0R) images from the NOAA WSR-88D NEXRAD Radar sites located around the US. Radar images are downloaded directly from NWS servers so are always the most current available. When you start the app, the radar images are from the site closest to your location.
Now on iTunes! Get RadarNow! for your iPad and iPhone.
NWS Alerts included with the free mode starting in v4.0. Only alerts issued to the your current county are sent and the alerts can be filtered so only the ones that interest you are used.
RadarNow! is a free download with access to Premium features. Use the FREE Standard version to monitor your local radar and receive NWS Alerts or choose to upgrade through the app to Premium if you want to activate the enhanced features. You may try the premium features with our free 5 day trial or purchase one year of access for $2.99 or $4.99 for two years. You will not automatically be billed and must manually renew when your access expires.
The 5 day free trial gives you free access to the premium features. Once the 5 day trial has passed, the app reverts back to the free "standard" mode. You will not be charged to use the free trial under any circumstances.
Lose or upgrade your phone or tablet? No problems. Your paid access moves with you. Buy once and have RadarNow! premium on all your devices too.
RadarNow! Standard will automatically switch to RadarNow! Premium for free if your local radar site is off line so you can select another radar site.
Please use the "Contact us" form inside RadarNow! (menu-setting-contact us) if you encounter a problem or have a suggestion for improvement.
We value your input! It was suggestions and constructive critiques from users just like you that led to the new, improved RadarNow!.
RadarNow! is designed to be fast, efficient and have great free options. If you want a full featured weather app that shows things like ski conditions or tide reports, we suggest using WeatherBug or Weather Channel. RadarNow! Standard (Free) provides animated radar, local conditions and NWS Alerts centered on your current location. Radar Now! Premium provides the same but allows you to select other radar sites as well as provide more zoom levels, range rings, selectable locations and a pannable map of the continental US with a looping weather radar.
RadarNow! uses US radars only, therefore is active for entire U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and areas of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean that border the U.S.
Battery is used ONLY when RadarNow! is active, otherwise RadarNow! has no effect on battery life. RadarNow! uses GPS and network location services to fix your location. If location services aren't available, Zip Code can be used with RadarNow! to set location.
This new version of RadarNow! was created by USNaviguide in cooperation with Mighty Pocket.
* Zoom right into your neighborhood with precision and accuracy – watch the rain roll right over the Maumee!
* Zoom out to view nation-wide radar and conditions
* Location aware tracking – forecasts and national radar anywhere you are
* Choose the Doppler 13000 HD overlay or visible and infrared satellite cloud imagery or view them all at once!
* Current conditions updated continuously
* Hourly, 3-day and 7-day weather forecasts in quick or detailed view updated every 60 minutes
* Travel often? Customize your weather locations by zip code or city
* Nationwide overview with regional and national temperature maps
* Submit your photo/video
* Video forecasts and updates from the Weather Center
New features: Track Tornado and Severe Storms, as well as Wild Fire warnings and news.
Also features the latest reports on earthquakes and seismic activity from around the world.
Monitor a detailed 7-day forecast, current conditions & hazardous weather, tropical weather, marine/tide forecasts, satellite IR images, surface observations, watches, warnings, advisories, tornados, hurricanes, weather watch.
Weather and Radar provided for United States and surrounding regions:
District of Columbia
Alaska Marine Zones
Atlantic Marine Zones
Great Lakes Marine Zones
Gulf of Mexico Marine Zones
Pacific Marine Zones
Pacific Islands Marine Zones
Marine Zones (all)
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, no-frills application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather!
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
Why do they love it? In a word – Design. The app has a simple, yet beautiful interface that makes getting the weather elegant and fun. This UI, combined with a powerful set of weather tools, makes this app #1.
When it comes to weather apps, you have lots of choices, so why not choose the best? Download 1Weather and judge for yourself.
"The Most Attractive, Feature-Packed Android Weather App We’ve Ever Seen" - Lifehacker
“The most beautiful weather app we’ve ever seen” – Android Police
“A Game Changing, Gorgeous Weather App” – Android Static
· Real-time local weather and forecasts for virtually any location around the world (Current + 48-hour)
· 7-day extended forecast and precipitation info
· Hourly forecast and precipitation info
· Conditions based background, dynamic photo backgrounds, and more!
· Follow my location - Updated weather when you are on the move
· LIVE animated radar and extreme weather warnings (US only) with layers
. Added Enhanced Cloud Layer for International locations on Radar Screen
· Animated sunrise, sunset, and Lunar phase (Phones only)
· Save multiple locations to access quickly and easily
· Gorgeous widgets (5 on phones, 6 on tablets) you can add to your home screen, including 2 clock widgets
· Share weather information (including screenshots and alert text) with friends and family via email, text, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
· Customize with multiple weather theme backgrounds or use your own custom background
· True server push alerts for NWS supported locations with configurable notification options by location and alert level
· Configurable Ongoing notification showing the current conditions for a location of your choice
· DashClock integration allowing you to select a location of your choice
Note: We have removed sensitive log permissions.
Visit our website at www.1weatherapp.com.
The local forecast, radar, and current weather conditions for Alabama are all within this app, including Selma, Montgomery, Greenville, Troy, Alexander City, Pratville, and the rest of the WSFA 12 News viewing area.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
- Highly acclaimed design with beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Detailed weather information, including 10-day and 24-hour temperature forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps
- Severe weather alerts
- Animated sunrise & sunset times and wind & pressure modules
- Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
- New home screen widgets
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information
- Swipe horizontally for favorite locations
- All photos in the app are from users like you. Submit yours at http://www.flickr.com/projectweather
Simply put, this app will load up, find your current location, locate the closest weather radar, and display it for you. It then keeps track of your current location and updates the radar every few minutes so you've always got the latest radar image nearby. Great for when you are traveling and want to stay up-to-date with the latest weather radar in your area!
WARNING: This application uses active GPS tracking and will drain your battery quickly. It is recommended that you be connected to a car charger or other power source while using it.
Only available for U.S. radar sites at this time.
Going somewhere and you're not sure if you need to bring your umbrella? Want to check if there's going to be fresh powder snow on the slopes in Tahoe tomorrow? Check Raindar! Raindar displays animated Doppler radar images on your Google Map. When you start Raindar it automatically focuses on your location so you can quickly see if there is precipitation coming your way. When pressing the search button on your phone you can now also search for locations within the US!
Raindar works out of the box but has many configuration options (see the recent changes page).
- green/yellow/red is rain
- blue/white is snow
Raindar can now also display storm tracks! It displays different icons for each of the 4 types of storms:
- Yellow circle: thunderstorm
- Yellow square: Hail Storm
- Yellow diamond: Rotating Thunderstorm (Mesocyclone)
- Magenta triangle: Tornado Vortex Signature (pretty heavy!)
When clicking on one of those icons a dialog will appear with detailed information.
The storm tracks also display the direction and speed of the storm in the form of an arc. The arc is split in 3 parts: 20, 40 and 60 minutes until the storm reaches that area.
On Google TV:
- Use the D-pad for navigate up/down/left/right
- Use the media forward/back or next/previous buttons to zoom in and out
Radar images and storm track data courtesy of Weather Underground. Raindar displays images from the WunderMap.
Geocoding courtesy of GeoNames.org.
If you find a bug, or have suggestions, contact me by email.
You can search for any location in the world using the service of your choice of "Open Weather Map" or "World Weather Online."
Cloky is a weather station with local time only.
Tap in the top-left quadrant of clock to select your city and view the relative weather condition and weather forecast.
Shot or select one photo and share your weather forecast with yours favourite social network installed in your smartphone, like Facebook, Google+, Twitter but also Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, Hangouts...
Swipe up to access on menu,
swipe left to access on setting page,
swipe right to access on shot and share photo with weather condition.
Weather forecast service by World Weather Online and Open Weather Map.
Features of predictions:
Weather Forecast World
Forecasting the weather conditions today
Weather forecast for next 5 days
Prediction of the maximum temperatures
Prediction of minimum temperatures
One widget will be realized as soon as possible...
Clock And Weather forecast is free, join it!
* User selectable declutter filter (removes fog/mist)
* Supports nine different NWS radar products
* View the static US national mosaic
* View multiple concurrent radar sites
* Both map and satellite view
See http://tinfoilninja.com/redsky/quickstart.html for the quickstart guide.
A long press on the either the radar load button or the mosaic button will initiate a reload of that object.
Touch the radar product label in the main title bar to list the available radar products.
Requires Coarse Location, Internet and Network State permissions.
At any given time specific radars may not be accessible or may serve old data.
If you experience problems, please send an email with details to email@example.com.
Certain devices may not be capable of supporting 3 simultaneous radars as well as the mosaic. Reducing the number of loaded frames might help.
The coverage is limited to SWIZERLAND AND ITS BORDER AREAS.
- 4 animations (last 5 hours, last hour, next 10 minutes, next hours)
- Animation controls
- Fullscreen landscape mode
- Location with zoom
- Link to a 7 days local weather forecast
- Weather forecast for the morning / afternoon / evening
- Rainfall radar
- Value of forecast reliability
- Probability of sunshine and precipitations
- Perceived temperature
- Average, mimimum and maximum temparature
- Wind force, wind direction, gust force
- Limit of snowfall
- Limit zero degrees
Exposure for 10 days in landscape mode.
Weather, United States, USA, forecast, time, rain, sun, wind, snow, fog, cold, hot, temperature, mogo.ch, source: meteonews
More from developer
Tempest weather radar displays real-time NEXRAD (Next-Generation Radar) and TDWR (Terminal Doppler Weather Radar) animated storm radar images overlaid on top of Google maps.
Weather radar data is refreshed every 6 minutes. Although the default user settings are appropriate for most users, some users like to configure optimal settings for their area and personal taste. Tempest weather radar allows users to change the number of frames per animation, cloud transparency, radar type and range of both NEXRAD and TDWR radars. Storm tracking, ground clutter elimination, image smoothing and rain/snow options can also be controlled. Since the familiar Google Maps is used, the user can enable Satellite View and Traffic View if desired.
NEXRAD radar parameters include:
Base Reflectivity N0R
Base Reflectivity N1R
Base Reflectivity N2R
Base Reflectivity N3R
Base Reflectivity N0Z
World Base Reflectivity 00Q
Base Radial Velocity N0V
Base Radial Velocity N1V
Mean Radial Velocity N0S
Mean Radial Velocity N1S
Mean Radial Velocity N2S
Mean Radial Velocity N3S
Total Surface Rainfall NTP
One Hour Rainfall N1P
TDWR radar parameters include:
Base Reflectivity TR0
Base Reflectivity TR1
Base Reflectivity TR2
Long Range Reflectivity TZL
Base Radial Velocity TV0
Base Radial Velocity TV1
Mean Radial Velocity TV2
WSR Base Reflectivity N0Q
WSR Base Reflectivity NAQ
WSR Base Reflectivity N1Q
WSR Base Reflectivity NBQ
WSR Base Reflectivity N2Q
WSR Base Reflectivity N3Q
WSR Base Radial Velocity N0U
WSR Base Radial Velocity NAU
WSR Base Radial Velocity N1U
WSR Base Radial Velocity N0U
WSR Base Radial Velocity NBU
WSR Base Radial Velocity N2U
WSR Base Radial Velocity N3U
WSR Digital Storm Total Precipitation DSP
WSR Surface Rainfall 1 hour N1P
WSR Surface Rainfall storm total NTP
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N0S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N1S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N2S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N3S
Although initially designed as a weather radar only solution, Tempest weather radar can retrieve current local weather conditions, 10 day forecast and hourly forecast data by tapping on the red location icon. Alternatively, "long pressing" on a map location will bring up the weather forecast of that location.
Currently, Tempest weather radar overlay data is available only for the USA and the bordering regions of Canada and Mexico. Also, Tempest weather radar is currently only available on the android platform.
Thanks for trying Tempest Weather Radar. We hope you enjoy it!
This program is under active development.
Weather radar and forecast data provided by wunderground.com
Maps provided by google.com
Tempest weather radar... the ultimate storm tracking app for your android device.