Are you an avid book reader who has some great collection of novels but would like to sell some of them or are you looking forward to buy more books to fill in your appetite for reading? Are you a student who has completed a term and would like to sell off your old books? Well look no further because you have landed at the right app already.
BookStop is the marketplace where you could sell or buy books from people nearby. It is easy, safe, fun to use and best way to let go of your old books and buy new ones at cheaper prices.
Looking for books?
Finding books being sold nearby is quite easy at BookStop. Just download and launch the application and you'd land at the home screen where you see book ads being sold within 10 kilometers of distance from you. If you have not already allowed, application might request permission to access your current location. Once you have allowed, turn on location from settings and retry loading ads.
Couldn't find the book you were looking for? No problem! You can use the search feature to find books by book's name, author's name or seller's username. The search results are ordered to display book ads that are closest to your location at the top. Tap on an ad you're interested in and see details of the book posted by seller or contact seller via in-app messaging.
Want to sell books?
It is even easier to sell books via BookStop App. Just Sign up and login to your account. Open up "sell a book" screen, take a picture of the book, set a price, upload and let buyers know what you're selling. However, it is important to note that the application might request for your permission to access camera of your phone in order to take a picture.
Listed below are some of the main features of BookStop.
1. Find books being sold nearby by other users.
2. Search or find the books that are closest to you.
3. Use In-app messaging to communicate with buyers and sellers.
4. Provide a review to the seller once you have bought a book from him/her.
5. If you think you have received a dishonest review, submit an objection and we will look into it.
6. If you think an ad has been uploaded that is against the policy of BookStop. Report it and we will look into it.
BookStop is a marketplace designed exclusively for buying and selling of books only. Therefore, uploading an ad for anything other than a book would lead to removal of the ad, and if such activities are repeated multiple times, it may lead to a ban of user account.
Please note that we have the right to ban a user account if he/she uploads images of drugs, weapons, violence or any other adult content in an ad or a profile picture.
In order to provide the best user experience BookStop application will request for permission to or gain access to following.
1. READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: So that you can upload a profile picture from gallery.
2. ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: So that we can get your location to find sellers nearby, or let the buyers know where you’re currently.
3. ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: So that we can get your exact location to give the best user experience.
4. CAMERA: So that you can take a picture of the book to upload an ad.
The location of users saved in our database is always kept confidential; other users of the app are only able to see an approximate distance in kilometers. The actual location coordinates are never shown.
Similarly, user emails are also always kept confidential, are never displayed in application and are used to uniquely identify users only.
Staying safe from Scams:
Following guidelines can help you stay safe from scams.
1. Never give away your contact information in ad’s description, so that only registered users can contact you through in-app messaging and can be tracked later.
2. Choose a safe place to meet with the seller or a buyer.
3. Do not believe in unrealistic offers.
4. Provide an honest review after you have made a deal with a seller.
Have a nice day!