Tesla owners need to create an account at https://www.teslender.com. You can then create a code that expires on a set date that you can give to someone who is borrowing your vehicle.
People renting or borrowing a Tesla from an owner will be able to use this app in combination with an access code created by the owner to use most of the functions that the official Tesla app provides - and more.
Current app functions:
- Persistent notification showing the car's range, speed, battery percentage, charge rate, and state (parked, driving, charging)
- Separate notifications when someone starts or stops charging
- Enable climate control, see internal and external temperatures and set the temperature to a value
- Lock and unlock the vehicle
- Honk and flash
- Open trunk and frunk, also quickly from the notification.
- Vent the roof, and close the roof
- Battery range and percentage
- View location