So, what is PocketBot? Well, robots come in all shapes and sizes. Some do a little and some do a lot. Some take just hours to build, and some take years. But all of them require a “User Interface”.
PocketBot lets you use an Android device as your robot’s User Interface. What’s that mean? It means you can:
– Give vocal commands to your robot.
– Control your robot with a joystick on your Android phone.
– Use your robot as a telepresence device and control it with the video feed.
– Take advantage of your Android device’s gyroscope and GPS to give even more abilities to your robot.
On top of that, PocketBot is a fun, engaging UI with great features!
– Connect to ROS (Robotic Operating Ssytem) master
– Stream sensor data to ROS
– Uses social cues to engage in realistic interactions with the user.
– Bright, colorful faces and emotions.
– High-level communication skills and customizable dialogue.
Download the Arduino library from https://github.com/frankjoshua/PocketBot