This application does not work on all devices. If this application does not work on your device, please email me and if we cannot get it to work after some troubleshooting I will issue you a refund.
This app Requires Root Access!
Permissions allows you to effectively control the permissions that apps which are installed onto your phone, via the market or some other source.
You must reboot before these changes take place and be aware that denying an app a permission that it is requesting may result in the app Force Closing.
Please us the backup feature with care! Always make backups of your device.
This tool is able to browse permissions of installed apps and generate various permissions reports (such as which apps have permissions of automatically startup, sending SMS, etc). Most importantly, it allows us to remove permissions of apps and apk files WITHOUT ROOT access.
Keep your mobile secure and private from malicious apps, freely remove the permission you do not trust, then try Advanced Permission Manager!
PLEASE DONNOT USE IT ON YOUR ANDROID 4.4.2 DEVICE, THANKS!!!!
Shortcut for launching the Android's Hidden App Permission Manager. Control Permissions For Individual Apps!
Just only a quick launcher for App ops;
Just work above Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean, Kitkat, etc.).
If you like me, please share to your friends, thanks!
KITKAT is supported NOW, please UPGRADE it, thanks!!!
Thanks for Eaggle Tian's great help to support android 4.4 (Kitkat) !!!
Permission Manager (App Ops) is a new feature introduced by Android 4.3 to manage permissions of apps without root permission. It can help you to secure your android device and protect your privacy without ROOT.
App Ops on Android 4.4.2 - ROOT IS REQUIRED
• Download and Install Xposed Installer: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
• Start Xposed Installer > click Framework > click Install/Update
• Start Xposed Installer > Download > click AppOpsXposed, download and install
• Start Xposed Installer > Module > checked AppOpsXposed
• Open App Ops perminssion manager
Permission manager helps limit applications, but be careful. Because of that some applications will not work, some will crash, but still a lot of them will work.
Be aware, that list of used permissions by application can grow in time. Because of that, check permissions periodically (every month).
I can´t improve this application (App Ops), I can just provide to you access there. I hope in future it will be even better.
This version has been tested on Android 4.3.x,Android 4.4.0,Android 4.4.2.
Enjoy : )
THIS IS NOT A HACK-TOOL. IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO MODIFY APPS TO REMOVE ANY PARTICULAR PERMISSIONS. THIS IS A TOOL WHICH PROVIDES INFORMATION.
App Permissions is a tool that displays the permissions for all of the apps installed on your Android device, so that you can check for apps that can cost you money or compromise your privacy by accessing confidential data. You can also search for apps that use certain permissions or combinations of permissions, or use a set of predefined filters, for example to reveal all apps that may cost you money or impact your battery life.
F-Secure App Permissions - key features:
- Filter all installed apps by the number of required permissions.
- Filter apps that may cost you money, for example by sending messages or making calls without your consent.
- Filter apps that may impact your battery life through intense use of hardware, such as GPS.
- Filter apps that may access your private data, for example your contacts and accounts.
- Advanced filtering allows you to select any combination of permissions.
- A simple and clean interface.
A word of caution: you may learn quite a lot about your apps - so be prepared.
Compare the list of permissions for an app to its key features - there should always be a logical connection between them. For example, if an app is supposed to send messages, then it naturally requires messaging-related permissions. Beware of apps that require 50 or more permissions outside of their key features. App Permissions is not designed to judge or rate other apps, but rather to guide you in choosing reliable apps to run on your device.
P.S. F-Secure App Permissions requires ZERO permissions!
F-Secure is an internationally recognized security solution vendor that protects millions of mobile and computer users daily.
1. App Permissions: View what Permissions each app uses and lets you better understand permission of each of the app on your phone or tablet.
2. Permissions: Better understand Android Permissions and view which apps has the permission you are looking for.
Permission Manager is the easiest tool to understand privacy you have and try to find invasive apps. Want to understand what an app does on your phone? analyze the permissions of App and figure out what the app does.
Want to understand which apps are using the intrusive permissions that you don't want applications to be using? App Permission Manager lets you figure out.
Shows a list of Permissions and which apps are using them. Do you concern the permissions of some Apps? Permission Manager is a permission management tool designed to resolve your concern. This tool is able to browse the permissions of installed Apps
The simple permission management tool available at the market.
Because of Permission Manager being experimental tool, we recommend that at this stage, only install if you are a skillful user.
We are just getting started and have many more surprises and functionality we would share with you soon...
Share with us any comment and feedback you may have along the way...
For bugs or improvements, please contact me by mail so I can get a better explanation than just a comment.
MORE FROM WIKI:
Most current file systems may have methods of assigning permissions or access rights to specific users and groups of users. These systems can control the ability of the users to view or make changes to the contents of the filesystem.
There could be three specific permissions on Unix-like systems that apply to each class:
The read permission may grant the ability to read a file. When set for a directory, this permission grants the ability to read the names of files in the directory (but not to find out any further information about them such as contents, file type, size, ownership, permissions, etc.)
The write permission can grant the ability to modify a file. When set for a directory, this permission grants the ability to modify entries in the directory. This could include creating files, deleting files, and renaming files.
The execute permission can grant the ability to execute a file. This permission can be set for executable binaries (for example, a compiled C++ program) or shell scripts (for example, a Perl program) in order to allow the operating system to run them. When set for a directory, this permission grants the ability to access file contents and metainfo if its name is known, but not list files inside the directory (unless read is set).
Permission Scanner has below mentioned features:
1. It has a list which shows you all the application installed.
2. Permission Scanner automatically avoids system applications.
3. Gives details of the permissions used by an application and their description
4. You can instantly check if application uses any permission which may be used to make calls or send messages to privileged numbers.
5. It will alert user if application needs any of those permission which can be used to send messages or make calls to privileged numbers.
6. Permission scanner is very efficient and gives results instantly.
7. Permission scanner consumes least possible CPU and Battery and is very energy efficient.
- View all known permissions defined on your current device
- Select and check permissions used by your installed applications
Launch also the hidden "App Ops Settings" permission screen in android 4.3 & 4.4/4.4.1 KitKat to manage individual permissions for your applications... (hit the star on the menu bar)
if you want work on android 4.4.2 ,you device need rooted,
if your device is android 4.4.2,first launch need root auth,then reboot.
reboot completed you can use AppOps!
Works on Android 4.3 or higher
App permissions manager
If you want to uninstall this app,you can use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.findsdk.apppermission.uninstall
or delete /system/priv-app/AppOps_release.apk
Tips: App icon design by Sing Chu. Thanks very much.