Katakana is special because Japanese write foreign names, borrow words and such using this alphabet.
* You can learn how Japanese write your name using their language
* You can quickly lookup Hiragana & Katakana letters using Romaji if you are a beginner in Japanese
Standard used in the application is Hepburn Romaji. Unlike similar applications handles the conversion more elegantly.
Languagenut also has an exceptional Teachers’ Tracking Tool which allows teachers to set up class and teacher logins, set and track homework, views scores and certificates and watch real time student progress.
Languagenut is a professional language tool created by passionate language teachers with a vision to bring simple and effective language resources to as many schools as possible. Currently supporting over 5,000,000 students in 32 countries, Languagenut ensures its resources support local curriculums around the world. Join thousands of teachers from around the world and teach with Languagenut.
- Over 1,000 superb language resources available in 12 languages
- Units and topics which support language learning from around the world
- Fun games, songs and stories to help your students learn
- The ability to set and track students' homework with the Teachers’ Tracking Tool
- Printable resources and awards with the Teachers’ Tracking Tool
- Easy class and teacher set up
Hopefully you will find this humble dictionary useful. The whole app is about 6Mb due to embedded database that makes it work without ever accessing internet.
No ads and no special requierements.
- 860+ Multiple Choice Quizzes
- Flash Cards
Rōmaji is the romanized representation of the Japanese language. That is to say, it is the phonetic representation of the Japanese language in characters normally used in the English language (e.g., a, b, c). (Wikipedia).
If you are learning Romaji, and want to keep your skills at their peak then this app is for you. With over 850+ Multiple Choice Quizzes, Flash Cards, and a Handy Dictionary, this app was built for you.
JA Audiobook contains a series of texts in order of increasing difficulty with sound and background music for each text that will entertain and help you stay focused, or even touch you and make you laugh! At any time, press on a sentence in the text for detailed information:
• Complete grammar fact sheets that explain the structures used.
• Fact sheets on the Japanese particles and counters encountered in the sentence.
• Many additional comments.
• A list of words used in the sentence with their meaning.
• A detailed Kanji sheet accompanied by a tool that will assess your writing.
• The complete conjugation and verbal constructions for each verb.
• Assess your understanding of the text with a quiz at the end of each text, and get access to the translation of the text.
JA Audiobook is like a teacher who remains at your side, ready to assist you when you are stuck. The objective is to rapidly familiarize yourself with authentic Japanese content and easily assimilate it for reuse in your own statements.
You may already know many Japanese words and have read many lessons, but you are still unable to understand and express yourself naturally. Working with the JA Audiobook texts:
• You memorize syntactic patterns that become natural and automatic.
• You will learn words in context.
• You will learn how to read Kanji (Japanese characters) in texts.
• Your reading of Hiragana and Katakana will flow better without you noticing.
• You will have more confidence in your level in Japanese, and you will thus progress faster.
JA Audiobook is the missing link between your knowledge of the language (a set of individual words and grammar rules) and communicative competence that you want to achieve. Because you do not want to become an encyclopedia of the Japanese language, but simply to talk with your Japanese friends or to watch Japanese shows on TV.
By the numbers:
• 20 texts for a total listening length of more than 60 minutes
• 877 different words
• 577 different Kanji used
• 80 different grammar sheets
• 74 different particle usages
• 19 Japanese counters
• Over 40MB of carefully crafted Japanese material and data to install
• 9 Japanese native speakers to bring more variation and improve your listening
List of texts included:
• Usagi- san, an Unexpected Hero: funny and moving tale for beginners. (7 texts)
• The Strange Encounter of Kenta: story between a young boy and an old lady, for beginners. (5 texts)
• Don't be late for the meeting! : dialogue between two colleagues to learn the polite oral form. (1 text)
• Tomoko’s Journal: introduction to the informal style in writing. (1 text)
• City or Country?: argumentative conversation to express your opinion in Japanese. (1 text)
• Barbecue with Friends: telephone conversation between two students in informal speech. (1 text)
• Yumi - Not easy to be a father: humorous text between an overwhelmed father, and his daughter. Colloquial and oral language is highlighted. (1 text)
• Yumi - I want a tablet! : dialog between two schoolgirls. Oral forms are used. (1 text)
• Cultural Experience in Japan: learn to tell about your trip to Japan in Japanese with more complex sentences that prepare you for the next level. (2 texts)
These texts will mainly help you to take the JLPT N5 and JLPT N4.
Once the texts are downloaded, no Internet connection is required.
JA Audiobook is fully available in ENGLISH and FRENCH.
To fully utilize JA Audiobook, it is advisable to know Hiragana and Katakana. If this is not the case or if you do not know what it is, install the free JA Sensei application, a complementary and comprehensive application which will teach you all the necessary basics and much more.
* All 107 Hiragana & Katakana
+ Key filtering
+ Keyboard randomize
Finished with Kana?
Get our "Elementary Kanji" app!
With this app, you can learn Roma-ji with using short words.
There are two play modes.
In 'Cards' mode, choose an answer card which has the right roma-ji the Robo asked.
In 'Keyboard' mode, input alphabets and make a correct answer by your own!
In each mode , you can choose the question style. One is "Letter"(one hiragana character), the other is "Word"(more than one hiragana character).
You correct, lose robo's power. Now, it's time to beat the Robo!
This app uses Hepburn system.
A kana table is included to give you an overview of both syllabaries, simply swipe left and right to switch between hiragana and katakana. The table also allows you to add and remove kana from your study set, tap the cards to include or remove them, then return to the flashcards to start learning your custom set.
Your progress through the flashcards is saved between sessions so you can pick up where you left off. There are also options to reverse the cards (to test your romaji-to-kana knowledge), and disable the 3D flip.
**Internet connection is require for Furigana/Romaji conversion and translation function.
*Customize the font size and color for the text and Furigana/Romaji
*Night mode implemented for better reading in the dark.
*This Ads supported version has a limit of 2500 characters for Furigana/Romaji conversion.
Tags: furigana romaji hiragana katakana japanese kanji reading aid notation 漢字 かんじ ふりがな 振り仮名 ロマ字
* 169 715 words and phrases
* 150 060 sample sentences (with furigana and English translation)
* Ability to read hiragana and katakana
* 24 megabytes of disk space
* Words divided into multiple different categories (JLPT levels, Mainichi Shimbun most frequent words, etc)
* Track learning progress of every category and subcategory separately
* Every category can further be divided into groups of 50 words
* Free, no ads and does not need internet connection
Kotoba-chan came to existence because it was annoying to do Japanese tests on other apps. Now you can actually see real-time how well you are performing with certain words and whether you should move to the next level. The progress bar is first grey and after giving correct answers in training mode turns into red, orange, yellow and finally green. If the progress bar is fully green then you have answered every word correctly at least 5 times. When training Kotoba-chan will carefully choose words that you have answered less or wrong more often so you get to train them more. While training you can click on the bottom bar which shows the correct answer to the last question. A sentence listing with the word will pop up. "How useful!" says Kotoba-chan with a cute look :)
* There are no senteces for some (even common) words. For some reason katakana words are missing right now.
* Search is very experimental - slow and not very good with matching. At least it tries to give words that are similar :)
* Some tasks are slow. I will try to make some asynchronuous and have a loading panel in next versions.
* Obenkyo app - One of the best Japanese learning apps that gave me a lot of inspiration!
* JLPT vocabulary - From Tanos web site (http://www.tanos.co.uk/jlpt/skills/vocab/) - Creative Commons "BY" license
* Sentences - Tanaka corpus (http://www.edrdg.org/wiki/index.php/Tanaka_Corpus) - Creative Commons "BY" license
* Dictionary - JMdict (http://www.edrdg.org/edrdg/licence.html) - Creative Commons "BY-SA" license
Integrated Furigana Engine for Kanji (漢字) words.
- Engine is Offline , that means no internet traffic is needed for translation !
- Fast and Easy. Just one click , all Kanji will have kana on top.
- Support most of the web page. (improving)
You can learn Japanese by browser news website everyday , and having all the Kanji translation on top (Furigana).
With this app, No need to check dictionary for each words now !
Browser the web , and then click the "FURI" button , then OK !
(* Written by someone learning Japanese, the author of Little Photo.)
Please send me feedback ! Enjoy !
* Professional quality vocabulary set; support almost all (6,000+) kanji's used in the modern Japanese language.
* With the Japanese Dict Extension (22,000+ words), Kanji Reader can present vocabulary meanings as well.
* You may pass any Japanese text from other apps to Kanji Reader by "Share"
These news are written in plain japanese, allowing beginners to practice reading and learn kanjis, since shown vocab is quite basic and symbols are shown in most cases with corresponding furigana (plus, this feature can be controlled through settings).
By using a spaced repetition system (SRS) you can memorize the different aspects of each vocabulary: meaning, pronunciation, reading, listening, writing, etc.
Included it's the N5 level of the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) vocabulary list and you can download (for free!) all the levels (though N1).
Ah! This app assumes you've already mastered hiragana and katakana.
• Study several vocabulary aspects: reading, listening, writing, meaning and handwrite
• Answers are not so easy so you will really learn that the kanji for "person" is 人 (hito), no 八 (for example)
• Lists can be downloaded and upgraded
• You can a study a session without audio questions (in case you're in a public place with no headphones)
• There are vocabulary translations for English and Spanish
• You can create custom lists
If you are serious about learning Japanese, you can download premium audio packs for the study lists (don't worry, it's cheap!). These audios are professionally audio recorded from a Japanese native teacher that will help you master the vocabulary.
The Audio pack for a list (inapp purchase) will unlock:
• Audio for words
• Audio aspect (you'll be asked for listening questions)
• Kanji handwritten aspect (you'll have to draw and self-evaluate kanji)
• Ads will be disabled
• Unlimited custom lists
With your support, the application will evolve with new exciting features.
it provides a free test of 30 questions to judge the app and two optionnal sets of exam (110 questions) at the most affordable price on the market.
The goal is not to learn the reply of all questions by heart (it would be pointless) but to help you get prepared by:
-Knowing your weak points and where to concentrate your studying efforts
-Trigger questions to ask to your tutor is any
-Get used to the style of apics questions to be more relaxed on D day
-Go deeper in reflexion with advanced questions
Your exam result will be broken in 10 themes for a detailed figure of your strength on BSCM main thematics
As performing a test can last several hours, you can save and go back at any moment while you're in your transport to work.
You can now perform your tests via the internet website www.bscmtester.com if you wish
- Just select any text into any app and send it to Pinyin Converter or Shoot it with your phone Camera
using integrated OCR to recognize it automatically.
- Tap on any word on the converted text to get the possible traductions in English
Conversion and OCR OFFLINE
Once converter you can tap on any word to get a dictionary lookup and see it's different meanin in english
It is very Handy for people learning korean
Lots of option are available to enter the text including taking a picture of the text to convert
Tennis Partner permet aux joueurs de Tennis de:
- se créer un répertoire de partenaires de jeu
- compter les jeux durant les matchs pour ne pas perdre le fil
- de conserver l'historique des ses rencontres de Tennis.
Une application facile d'utilisation et conviviale qui permet d'avoir toutes vos données nécessaires pour que vos parties de Tennis se suivent mais ne se ressemblent pas!
Tennis Partner: une application que la FFT pourrait sponsoriser :)