The Te Whata app is a data platform tailored specifically for iwi members, technicians and leaders.
The app allows iwi to:
• View iwi data from multiple sources in one place
• Present detailed data in easy-to-understand charts and tables
• Provide brief snapshots of the data and what it means
• Tell iwi stories in ways that are relevant to iwi contexts.
• Search for your iwi
• Dashboards with summarised view
• View data by Pou: Tāngata/Social, Tahua/Economic, Tikanga/Cultural and Taiao/Environmental
• All Māori and all NZ views
• Covid-19 Vaccine data.
A whata is a non-carved storehouse of sustenance and can refer to a platform to display the hakari following a long deliberation by a group about the future. It provides us with the analogy for Te Whata, this platform, to represent the importance of data as a tool for deliberation, sustenance and wellbeing.