• Report your CME
• Access the American Family Physician and Family Practice Management journals
• Take journal quizzes
• Review Board Review practice questions
• Update your member account information and pay dues
• See latest news and blog briefs on issues related to family medicine
• View upcoming events and CME activities
• Examine up-to-date immunization recommendations
• Check out Student and Resident resources
The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, sexes, each organ system and every disease entity. Read more about the history, scope and definition of family medicine.
Family medicine is a three-dimensional specialty, incorporating (1) knowledge, (2) skill and (3) process. At the center of the process element is the patient-physician relationship with the patient viewed in the context of the family. It is the extent to which this relationship is valued, developed, nurtured and maintained that distinguishes family medicine from all other specialties.
What our members are saying:
"This is a best-kept secret for physician only apps in the US. Registration is simple & easy."
"Still work in a practice environment that can't seem to let go of the fax? Me too. Ever wish you could send and receive faxes without getting toner on your hands? Meet Doximity...one can send and receive HIPAA compliant faxes from your laptop...or tablet...or smartphone. And no more waiting by the fax machine for the transmittal page to know if your fax was successful or not--you can receive an alert to your smartphone, notifying you of success or failure...it will likely become one of your most useful medical apps."
"When I first signed up on this App I was amazed at the number of physicians on file. I was instantly updated with over half of my medical school class from 35 years ago...Bravo on this App."
• Communicate securely with the latest HIPAA-secure medical-grade encryption standards
Look up any US physician
• Search and find co-authors, med school and training colleagues, primary care and specialists nearby
• Share private contact information with select colleagues
Get your very own free HIPAA-secure fax line
• Send and receive faxes from your phone or tablet
• Include attachments and sign documents on the go
• Claim a dedicated fax number – yours free for life
Stay up to date with articles chosen just for you
• Get the latest news and journal articles in your specialty
• Earn category 1 CME as you read (no surveys, no fees)
• Send us your outside CME – we’ll maintain it for you!
Find consulting and career opportunities
• Indicate your job seeking status and receive hand-chosen offers
• Earn honoraria for sharing your expertise (avg rate of $375/hr)
• Get updates on compensation trends in your specialty and geography
We would love your feedback! Send comments, ideas or issues to email@example.com
Color Atlas of Family Medicine, Second Edition is a comprehensive atlas designed to facilitate diagnosis using outwardly appearing signs and manifestations. The superb collection of clinical images is supported by concise, evidence-based treatment recommendations presented in convenient, easy-to-apply bulleted text. Each chapter begins with a story that ties the photographs to real-life patients. Coverage for each condition includes: Patient Story, Epidemiology, Etiology and Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Differential Diagnosis, and Management.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The search tool shows you choices of words that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling issues. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a topic or image very easily. You can also create notes and bookmarks separately for chapters, images, and tables to enhance your learning, or change the text size for easier reading. No Internet connection needed to view the app after it has been downloaded (except to check license). It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
The Contents tab allows you to view all chapters.
The Search tab allows you to search for a specific word or phrase within the text.
The Bookmarks tab allows you to see all the chapters and images that you have bookmarked.
The Notes tab allows you to see all the chapters and images for which you have written notes.
This interactive app is based on content from The Color Atlas of Family Medicine, 2nd Edition by McGraw-Hill.
Editors and authors:
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Professor of Family Medicine, Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Medical Director, Skin Clinic, University Health System, San Antonio, TX
Mindy A. Smith, MD
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr. MD
Heidi Chumley, MD,
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family Medicine, Professor of Dermatology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
IN THE PRESS by Arthropaedia
This patient data storage app has several patient management features for busy medical professionals. They can create custom templates in order to fill and store any particular type of data based on speciality.
1. Add Patient to database. Balance due is automatically calculated for you once you enter the Amount Due and Amount Paid. Say goodbye to the calculators. Schedule appointments. Search Patient by entering partial data.
- Color Themes available for skin or background and buttons.
- Securely Export or transfer Patient files by connecting device to your PC.
- - Create your own custom templates for commonly used scenarios. UNLIMITED templates can be created. Just ONE tap to select template, chart
2. Securely Export or transfer patient files by connecting device to your PC.
3. Export-Import to share data with existing applications by uploading and downloading CSV files. Its perfect for bulk or mass data upload to/from your existing system.
4.Schedule appointments and view them by day, week, month or year. Remind patients via SMS, email or phone call with just a click of a button. We even pre-fill the message for you that you can customize as you please. Supports Google calendar sync.
5. Backup your data so you can store it safely or transfer it to the other mobile device or PC. Backup file is created each time you press Backup.
6. Add multiple photos, images, voice (for medical transcripts ), files and video attachments to Patient Visits to capture various needs such pictures before and after treatment. You can also scan or take a picture of lab reports, x-rays etc. Use Update Visit Menu to view previous attachments.
7. Update patient and appointments.
8. Print or Save HTML or Text formatted data from the app to email or to SD Card so you can Print it or Transfer to your PC or other devices.
9. History - View the historical record of the visits and account balance.
10. Add Visit
11. Bills/Collection - View Daily Collection of Amount Paid. Balance Due Report - Allows you in just one click to text, call or email your patients who have balance due. Pre-fills the text message and email with the default friendly message that you can change as you please. We also pre-fill the number to call and to text to the patient. You can change the number or email if you need to right on the same screen.
12. Update/Delete Visit - Press and Hold the visit on History page to see the menu
13. Detailed HELP.
14. Contact Us - We value your opinion and seek your advice for implementing future features. Email us especially before leaving negative feedback. Thanks!
Like us at
- FREE for LIMITED TIME / TRIAL
Just as a reference so you can decide, here is the list of some of the professionals the app is useful for or is being used by:
Dentist, Nurse, Midwife, Health Specialist, Therapist, Clinician, Eye Clinics, Pathology labs, Physician's assistant, School nurse, Pediatrician, Homeopath, TCM, Ayurveda, Surgeons, MD, MS, MBBS, OPD, BAMS, Paramedic, EMT, Optometrist, Patient Manager, Gynecologist, Cardiologist, Orthopedist, Orthodontist, Dermatologist, sports physio, hypnotherapist, Medical CRM and student and school as well as interns, EMR, EHR App, Hospital can use the app as patient registration system. Useful for quick and easy patient intakes, first-aid or records by disaster volunteers, fire fighters or similar organizations and emergency responders during calamities such as fire, earthquake, war-zones, storms, tornado, hurricanes etc
This app can be useful for medical professionals and students that visit patient every now and then. It is a handy app you can bring along whenever you do your medical practice.
• Simple, intuitive and easy to use
• Get patient info directly from your phone contacts
• Send appointment reminder to patient by email or SMS
• Send visit summary to patient by email or SMS
• Create itemized bills for your patient; track balance due
• Customize the patient information that you would like to capture
• Customizable email and SMS templates
• View patient visit history
• During patient visits, add visit notes like text, picture, voice recording, or handwriting
• Use dictation to auto-write text on visit notes
• Built-in powerful tool to help manage reusable notes
• Export appointment to android calendar
• Backup and restore data
Translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese. If you would like to help translate the app to your language, please send us an email.
For doctor, dentist, nurse, surgeon, pediatrician, dermatologist, eye care clinic, paramedic, physician, small clinics, medical students, etc.
We hope you find this app useful and we welcome your suggestions. We will add more cool features as we go along. So stay tuned!
Storage - to save visit attachments like handwritten notes, audio recordings, pictures, etc
Microphone - for auto write text through microphone
Network communication - need internet for in-app purchases
Your personal information - to add appointments to calendar
Your social information - to add phone contacts as patients
A simple to use medical chart for storing important medical information for the whole family.
Do you need a medical information tracker to help you remember all the medical information for your family? Does someone in your family have chronic health conditions? Do you have trouble keeping allergies and medication details apart for all of your family members?
FEMI is the perfect solution to easy your mind and help remember health care information for your entire family.
FEMI lets you store and quickly identify the following information:
• Emergency contact numbers, insurance details, and physician information
• Medications and Pharmacy details.
• Health conditions
• Surgeries allergies and family health history
• Enter height and weight
• Eye color, hair color and a photo to help identify family members in an emergency
• Email health record
FEMI Pro will be coming soon. If you like FEMI be sure to check out FEMI Pro. FEMI Pro will have additional tracking capabilities as well as be ad free.
This application has been tested on:
Samsung Galaxy S
Feedback is appreciated.
For support please emai: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a description of the problem you are having.
Initially conceived and compiled in 2010, as an intern survival guide, BOKA’S NOTES™ is created by a board-certified internal medicine physician and has undergone many updates and revisions. Already in use by dozens of medical students, interns, and medical residents, it is finally available in app format!
Check www.BokasNotes.com for available app formats and more information.
Possessing a unified resource as a pupil of medicine can be a daunting task, even in today's world where the Internet has made learning so much easier. Medical students, interns, and residents value their time and require a quick reference on how to walk, talk, write, and how to present their patients on rotations.
This is why BOKA’S NOTES™ was developed. The Notes aim to bridge the steep learning curve between medical school and the early years of residency. They also serve as useful references for senior residents and rotators.
These Notes are designed for the following groups in training:
1. Third- year medical students.
2. Fourth-year medical students.
3. Internal Medicine Interns (especially in their first 6 months of residency).
4. Senior medical residents wishing to refresh their minds quickly.
5. Rotating residents from emergency, family practice, obstetrics and gynecology, and surgery who are on the internal medicine wards or in the outpatient clinics.
6. Healthcare professionals interested in internal medicine.
Each Note is organized under the following five unique headings:
5. On Call
- In-app browsing!!
- Search in-app fully indexable
- Search Pubmed in-app
- Search medscape.com in-app
- Search google.com in-app
- Framingham coronary heart disease calculator
- Hemoglobin A1C-derived average plasma glucose generator
- Glomerular filtration rate calculator
- Outpatient Rotation Note
- Inpatient Rotation Note
- Intensive Care Unit Rotation Note
- Nephrology Rotation Note
- Ophthamology Note
- Analgesics Resources Note
- Antibiotics Resources Note
- Chest X-ray Resources Note
- Death Pronouncement Note
- EKGs Note (electrocardiogram)
- Electrolytes Resources Note covering Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus
- Procedure Note
- Rapid Response Note covering GI (gastrointestinal) bleeds, seizures, hypotension, CVA/stroke, alcohol withdrawal, shortness of breath
- Practice-Changing Literature with in-app hyperlinks/abstracts!!
- S.O.A.P. note/Patient Progress Note
- On Call Acute Altered Mental Status
- On Call Abdomen
- Abdominal Pain Differential Diagnosis Note
- On Call Arrhythmias
- On Call Chest Pain
- On Call Fever
- On Call Hyperglycemia
- On Call Hypoglycemia
- On Call Hypertension
- On Call Oliguria
- On Call Shortness of Breath
Enjoy & tell your friends and coworkers!
We would love comments, suggestions for improvement, and/or feedback. Please direct comments to drboka(at)bokasnotes(dot)com.
1000 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions for the ABFM exam
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
Stores medical info for the entire family for use in emergencies, doctor visits, filling out school & camp forms for the kids, etc.
*** Optionally share some or all family info with our companion app “ICE: In Case of Emergency” to make the info available even when the phone is locked. ***
For each family member you can enter as much or as little info as you like for the following categories:
+ Personal info (photo, date of birth, height, weight, blood type)
+ Conditions (e.g., diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc)
+ Medications (including optional Rx numbers)
+ Insurance policies (you can call your insurance company directly from the app)
+ Doctors (you can call doctors directly from the app)
+ Medical History (e.g., surgeries, hospitalizations)
+ Notes w/attachments (any other info you want, including attached images of insurance cards, test results, etc.)
Optionally email some or all information to your doctor or others.
Note: if you already use ICE: In Case of Emergency then you can import your ICE profile into Family Medical Info.
Optionally export profiles for use on other devices, or to save an off-device backup. Exported profiles can also be used by ICE.
*** NEW: optionally use the (FREE) web version of Family Medical Info to create & edit profiles on your computer. From Google Chrome on your computer, go to http://goo.gl/N80BQ to install the web app (currently, this only works
with the Chrome browser). Or, just search for Appventive in the Chrome Web Store. Profiles created with the web version of FMI can be imported into either FMI or ICE. ***
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems, PLEASE email us at email@example.com
PEBMED IS THE # 1 MEDICAL APP PUBLISHER IN BRAZIL FOR 14 MONTHS WITH 20+ APPS ON THE TOP 100.
WHITEBOOK EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Medical prescriptions accompanied by integrated calculator for quick calculation of drug dosages according to the patient's weight.
- Exclusive calculators for unit conversions and calculations of continuous infusion.
- List of medications available and their prices from "Popular Pharmacy" SUS program, fundamental tool for ambulatory practice in units of SUS.
Extensive Requirements Guide which includes more than 200 commented models, including:
* Cardiology: HBP; Aortic Dissection; PE; AF; Digitalis Intoxication and by Warfarin; STEMI or NSTEMI; DVT;
* Surgery: cholecystitis; Acute Intestinal Obstruction; Pre and postoperative;
* Toxicology: Alcoholism; Ophidian accident; anaphylaxis; Carbamate poisoning; Abstinence Syndrome;
* Endocrinology: Thyrotoxicosis; Ketoacidosis/HHS/DM;
* Nephrology: DHE; nephrolithiasis; rhabdomyolysis; Nephrotic Syndrome;
* Gastroenterology: Pseudomembranous colitis; Infectious diarrhea; Acute Pancreatitis; Upper digestive bleeding; SBP; hepatic encephalopathy;
* Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Abortion; Prenatal care; Postpartum hemorrhage; mastitis; Pre-eclampsia; Premature Obstetric Labor;
* Infectious: Biting; Needlestick accident; Infection of Skin and Soft Tissue; ITU; fever; sepsis;
* Neurology: stroke; Convulsive crisis; headache; dizziness; delirium; meningitis; TCE;
* Pediatrics: Anaphylaxis; asthma; malnutrition; diarrhea; hydration; Kawasaki's disease; meningitis; AOM; ITP; Acute Chest Syndrome; Sd. Acute febrile; nephritic syndrome; prematurity;
* Pulmonary: Asthma; COPD; hemoptysis; pneumocystosis; Pulmonary tuberculosis;
* Rheumatology: Rheumatoid Arthritis; Systemic Lupus Erythematosus;
* Preparation for exams, outpatient complaints and support for critical patients.
• Evolution: ambulatory, ward and ICU;
• Medical Law: the prescribing guidelines;
• IPD Guide: To supplement the provisions, the application offers a unique guide to antimicrobial therapy/specific antiparasitic.
• Guidance to the Patients: for more frequent ambulatory complaint;
• Management Clinical Manuals: Anticoagulation guide, nutrition and diet, and pain control;
• Drug Pharmacy People: list of presentations and average price.
Questions or suggestions please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
References that assisted in the creation of the App:
• Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine - Dan Longo, Anthony Fauci, Dennis Kasper, Stephen Hauser, J. Jameson, Joseph Loscalzo,18th Ed 2011;
• Goldman's Cecil Medicine - Lee Goldman, MD and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, 24th Ed 2012;
•UpToDate – www.uptodate.com
# To learn more about our references contact us #
Based on the work: "Whitebook Guide prescription, Moura E. C, JORGE L BA, Lanzieri P. G;. 1. ed, Publisher Medical Semiology, 2013; ISBN:. 978-85-915391-3-0. "*
Browse new issues and read new Articles in Press throughout the month, or jump to the featured articles with a tap!
Download issues while reading: no need to wait
Get to the content you want more quickly and conveniently with streamlined layouts and navigation
Interact with figures, tables, multimedia and supplementary content
Login once with your ACC member credentials and stay logged in with “Keep me logged in”
Personalize your experience with My Reading List, Notes, save articles for offline reading, share articles via social media, email useful content, and much more!
Minimum requirements: Android Version 4.3
ABOUT JACC Journals
The American College of Cardiology (ACC) publishes highly influential journals in the area of cardiovascular medicine. The four current titles in this family of journals included in this app are:
The Journal of the American College of Cardiology. The best read cardiovascular journal worldwide, with an international reputation for excellence. It is consistently rated the number one benefit of membership in the American College of Cardiology, and is one of the most highly cited and influential journals in the area of cardiovascular medicine. JACC publishes peer-reviewed articles on all aspects of cardiovascular disease, including original clinical studies, experimental investigations with clear clinical relevance, state-of-the art papers, viewpoints, and editorials and essays interpreting and commenting on the research presented.
Cardiovascular Imaging. Provides readers with a broad, balanced view of all aspects of cardiovascular imaging. The Journal includes original clinical research on non-invasive and invasive imaging techniques including echocardiography, CT, CMR, nuclear, optical imaging, and cine-angiography. Advances in basic science and molecular imaging which are likely to substantially influence the clinical practice of medicine in the next decade (in diagnostic performance, understanding of the athogenetic basis of the disease, and therapy) are also featured. Other content will emphasize imaging for the practicing cardiologist, advocacy and practice management, and state-of-the-art reviews.
Cardiovascular Interventions. Encompasses the entire field of interventional cardiovascular medicine, including cardiac (coronary and non-coronary) peripheral and cerebrovascular interventions. JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions publishes studies that will impact the practice of interventional cardiovascular medicine.
JACC: Heart Failure. Publishes the most important findings on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, and care of heart failure patients. The goal of JACC: Heart Failure is to improve our understanding of the disease, clinical trial, clinical outcomes, and advances in therapies through timely, insightful scientific communication. The Journal embraces interdisciplinary relationships with neuroscience, pulmonary medicine, nephrology, electrophysiology, and surgery as they relate to heart failure. In addition, the Journal includes articles concerning pharmacogenetics, biomarkers, and metabolomics.
ACCESS THE JACC JOURNALS
Access the JACC Journals by using your username and password for the American College of Cardiology.
* Context to advancements in medicine and health worldwide.
* The latest contents of various medical journals, with article summaries.
* Last 24 Hours
* All Unreads
* All Stars
* Switch Theme (Light/Dark)
- Medical News Today
- Medical Xpress
- MedPage Today
- NPR Health News
- The Guardian
- Scientific American
- e! Science News
- New Scientist
- The New York Times
- The Lancet
- British Medical Journal
- Nature Medicine
The text content for the FP Notebook application is identical to its online counterparts: fpnotebook.com and fpnotebook.com/mobile.
Although access to FP Notebook is not restricted, the information found here is intended for use by medical providers. Non-clinical users may find the material challenging to understand, and should address specific medical concerns with their medical providers.
If you have any questions about FP Notebook, please contact email@example.com.
- Maps to all the office locations
- Schedule and Appointment
- Physician Information
- Clinical Events
- Health Fair Information
- Health news and tips
•Primary care learning opportunities
•Take Photo Quiz challenges offline-anytime, anywhere
•Optimized for viewing on the iPad and iPhone
•Click on the images to take a closer look
•Get the full explanation of correct and incorrect answers
•Reset all the quizzes to take the challenges again
•Flag your favorite quizzes
•All quizzes reviewed by a medical editor
Download the Family Practice Management Journal app for free and then either subscribe or purchase individual issues. And if you already receive FPM as an individual online or print subscriber, you get free access to the issues associated with the term of your subscription!
The AAFP’s Family Practice Management journal helps physicians, other health care professionals, practice administrators and office staff with how-to advice on enhancing payment, improving quality of care, managing technology, practicing efficiently, and achieving life balance. FPM is published 6 times a year (every other month).
– Brilliant replica format, just like the print edition you know and trust
– Text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability
– Download each issue then return any time for offline reading
You’ll also receive real-time news and content feeds from the AAFP and FPM…all in one app!
1 year subscription for $69.99 or a single issue for $29.99.
Subscriptions will start from the most current eCommerce enabled issue going forward for one year from the date of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew via your Google play account 24-hours prior to the end of your subscription at the rate of $69.99 for one year. You can turn off the auto-renew feature up to 24-hours before the end of your subscription by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.