Prevent Back Pain for Neck & Upper Back is designed to help users achieve a healthy, supple back.
- Relieve neck pain
- Improve motion
- Increase core stability
- Correct posture
Backache and Back Problems:
The human back is an amazing collection of bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, put together so as to be incredibly strong and highly flexible. Our back and spine were designed for movement, and from the beginning of time we’ve experienced the need to stretch.
But the demands of modern life, including poor posture and sitting for extended periods of time, at our desks, or in front of our computer screens, have contributed to a rapid de-conditioning of the muscles that support the neck, back and spine.
The facts speak for themselves: 80% of all people suffer from a back problem at some point in their life. Back and neck pain are two of the most common health problems today.
How will this app help?
Prevent Back Pain for Neck & Upper Back will help you learn a variety of exercises that stretch, strengthen, and stabilize important muscles and ligaments that support your neck and back.
This app contains a series of exercises and a workout which will help get you started on a consistent exercise routine that will ensure you maintain a healthy back. The app’s graphic illustrations show clearly which muscles are working during each exercise. Features include
A Quick Guide to explain the target, type of exercise, level, benefits and safety tips
Complete detailed step-by-step photos and instructions for the exercise
Full muscles and exercises search capability
Anatomical illustrations to show the major muscles that are being worked
Do It Right tips to advise on how to perform the exercise correctly and effectively
Each exercise includes step-by-step instructions, plus full-color photos and anatomical illustrations that let you see how the muscles work. You will “see” what muscles you’re targeting and learn how to avoid injuring them. It's a complete program that includes stretches, balance and posture exercises as well as warm-ups and cool-downs to get rid of your pain and regain the flexibility and strength.
Some exercises require a few simple props, such as small hand weights, medicine balls, and a Swiss ball, which is a large, heavy-duty inflatable ball, ranging in diameter from 18 to 30 inches.
About the Author:
Dr Philip Striano is the owner of Hudson Rivertown’s Chiropractic Health Care in Dobbs Ferry, New York. He is a certified chiropractic sports physician and a sports injury, exercise, and strength and conditioning specialist. He received his doctor of chiropractic degree from New York Chiropractic College.
Other apps in the series:
The three apps in this series are all about creating movement and flexibility on the spine and back, via special exercises that are targeted to different areas of the back:
Prevent back pain - exercises for a correct posture and a strong lower back
Prevent back pain - exercises for a correct posture and a strong spine & core
This App has been developed for informational purposes only and is not a medical application intended to substitute the diagnosis and advice of a doctor, chiropractor or physician. Consult a physician before starting any exercise or nutritional program.
Follow the instructions on this app on how to do the Yoga Asanas, some of the Yoga Poses mentioned in this app is not only helpful for you to cure Neck pain or get relieved from Neck pain but also it strengthens the spine and your Back muscles.
Handpicked Yoga Poses for Neck Pain relief, hope you will enjoy this Yoga Health app.
Note: Before Performing any yoga or exercise you need to consult your physician or doctor. If you feel slight discomfort or pain, immediately stop doing it.
The creators of the widely popular Diet Assistant – Weight Loss application bring you this awesome fitness trainer app. Squats – Fitness Trainer will get you to do 50, 100, 200 squats in a row!
Take giant leaps on your quest towards your perfect body with Squats – Fitness Trainer. Simply tap in your target squats and sit back and allow Squats – Fitness Trainer to present you with a brilliant training plan that will boost your strength and health.
• Getting you to do more sit ups with a personalised training plan
• Automatically adjusts your training plan depending on your progress
• Recommended resting time after a training session
• Innovative workout reminders
• Set your goals
• Progress chart
• Works as your personal fitness trainer
• Intuitive UI
• A lot more to come!
* Train with us and see how you improve your squats technique! We also recommend to train 3 to 5 days a week and please do not over work your training plan. Please let us know your feedback!
HOW TO DO SQUATS
1. Each time you squat you should hinge your hips so that your butt moves backwards during the downward phase of the squat, your knees will no longer protrude well over your toes (if you are tall, this may happen, but make sure it does not put pressure on your knees). Finally, the pressure of the squat will be on your heels instead of your toes and you will be able to get more depth to your squat.
2. One major mistake people make when they squat is rounding their necks, or looking down at the ground. The spinal alignment is automatically thrown off, which makes the squat a very dangerous exercise, especially if you are using a lot of weight.
3. A key theme with the squat is to make sure your spine is in proper alignment. By keeping your shoulder back and your chest out, your lower back will most likely have the correct natural curve. If you instead round your shoulders and sink your chest in, your spinal alignment will be thrown off.
4. Use an athletic stance for the squat so that your knees are slightly bent, feet are firmly planted on the ground, and toes pointed outwards slightly, which helps with stabilization. The wider you put your feet, the more it works your buttocks and hamstring (back of the leg), and the easier it will be to stabilize. The closer in you put your feet, the more your quadriceps will be emphasized (the front of the leg).
5. Breathing is very important for squatting in particular because it is a challenging exercise. Improper breathing can make you light headed, or nauseous, and in extreme cases, some people even black out.
As you are lowering yourself, remember to take a deep breath in, then as you are pushing up, breathe out forcefully. Always keep this breathing pattern. Towards the last few reps, you may consider taking a few extra breaths at the top of the squat position as you are standing for some extra energy.
6. The depth of the squat primarily depends on your hip flexibility. If your hips are very flexible, then you may be able to squat “below parallel” (hamstrings are below parallel with the floor) and if you have poor hip flexibility, then you will be above parallel.
keywords: fitness trainer, gym, fitness pal, health, fit, squats, workout, exercise, training, body.
by the turtle neck syndrome or straight neck syndrome caused by bad habits that bend a neck too much when using the smartphone, patients complained of a pain in the neck or shoulder area has increased
in order to prevent head and neck disease using a smartphone,
eliminate the wrong habit is the most important part.
1. "Start" button is pressed, the background service detecting smartphone slope is automatically run.
2. if smartphone is tilted below 40 degrees slope for 5 seconds, caution alarm window will be displayed.
3. with tilting a smartphone over 40 degrees angle of slope in caution alarm window, the message window disappears after more than 1 second and the background service will continue to work.
4. in message window "Exit" button is pressed, the app including all background service will exit.
*This app is not intended for use in medical treatment
More from developer
The Text Neck application keeps a tab on your posture and notifies you when you're at risk.
The access permissions used are meant to make the application work seamlessly. The user can access other telephonic features like making and receiving calls without any intervention. During telephonic conversations, posture calculation will be paused. No charges will be applied for any of the functions available in this application other than downloading cost.
Text Neck indicators run behind the scenes to alert you as you go about your day-to-day business.
Complete new look.New alert icon.
You can turn off all alerts (visual,audible,tactile) and still have the text neck score and pie chart track your percentage of good posture vs. bad.