Learn the importance and simplicity of 5S, utilize guidelines to ensure each part of 5S is complete, generate 5S progress reports, and learn from the case studies. This app will explain the importance and simplicity of 5S (or 6S), utilize guidelines to ensure each part of the 5S is complete, generate 5S audit reports, and provide examples of successful 5S case studies. This app will help ensure physical areas and paperbased or electronic documents are systematically kept clean and organized. 5S provides all employees the opportunity to be involved in the Lean Six Sigma journey. 5S will improve the flow of work or services through eliminating wasteful layouts and processes for (1) physical elements such as work cubicles, doors, aisle ways, equipment, supplies, etc., (2) paperbased elements such as forms, work documents, reports, etc. and (3) electronic documents such as reports, emails, text messages, spreadsheets, hyperlinks, bookmarks, smart phone and tablet communications, etc. The basic principles of 5S equally apply to all three.
This app is designed to:
- Provide a practical approach and working knowledge of 5S
- Provide an understanding of the benefits of 5S
- Explain the detailed steps for each S
- Create customized 5S or 6S Audit, output it as a PDF, retrieve previous settings as needed
- Record, assign, and track Action Items
- Create and conduct an assessment, output it as a pdf, along with guidance on how to improve assessment scores
- Provide Sensei Tips and case studies as additional learnings
- Provide access to Excel 5S worksheets for customization
- Create some interest or fun by providing a Lean Sigma puzzle
Look for more apps in our Practical Lean Six Sigma Series.