Car Genie is our revolutionary new piece of tech that can predict, protect and prevent you from breaking down.
It’s a little device that plugs into your car’s ‘OBDII port’ (a connector that’s usually in the driver’s footwell) and monitors the health of your car. It spots faults that could cause a breakdown and warns you about them through this app on your phone. It can even let us know about any problems, so we can get in touch with help, advice or even organise a visit to fix it.
Car Genie helps keep you safe on the road by:
• Keeping an eye on your battery so it doesn't go flat
• Automatically letting us know about some types of crashes, so we can be on hand to help you through the situation
• Knowing your car's location so you can see where you parked it, or if it's moved while you’re on holiday
• Helping you drive efficiently with your own 'Eco score'
• Giving you tips on saving fuel and keeping track of all your journeys
To use this app, you’ll need to be an AA Member and then buy Car Genie. Your device will take up to three days to arrive from when you ordered it but once it has, you can register your Car Genie account using this app. The app will show you how to fit the device in your car and after you’ve made a trip or two it will start showing you the data received from your car.