"The best music player for making fast, custom playlists."
Backspin is easy and fast to use – create a new playlist and just tap "+" in your music library to add songs from your device or Dropbox. You can start your playlist going and modify the playlist while you're listening to it. If you make a mistake, you can undo it. Maximize or minimize playlist tabs for easy viewing.
See your shuffle order in the “Now Playing” screen, and easily change the order or remove songs. Select “Play Next” on a track to add it directly to the “Now Playing” list.
Backspin is optimized for tablets and smartphones, and uses multiple adjustable columns on larger devices, allowing users to see two music-library columns and a playlist on-screen simultaneously. Download new music recently? Backspin automatically updates your library!
Enjoy a free trial of premium features, including:
- Equalizer with bass boost.
- Stream from Dropbox, and create playlists with songs from both the device and the cloud.
- Smart Shuffle. Songs won’t repeat until everything has been played (play any song on a list while shuffling, and the shuffle won't start over).
- Pinch to zoom album covers.
- Undo button: Undo accidental plays (resumes last song); undo add/delete a song from a playlist.
- Export playlists in xspf format: When an xspf is imported, the app finds music files wherever they are on the device.
- Folders View (2 columns on tablets). You can “add all” or “shuffle all” subfolders.
- Save Now Playing as a playlist (You can save the shuffle order!).
- Find album art.
- Consolidate Albums with only one track, or hide albums with only one track, to unclutter large libraries of music.
- (And more in Settings, listed below).
Additional free features:
- Widget, lockscreen controls, and notification controls.
- Gapless playback.
- Search in Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, and Composers views.
- On-screen volume control.
- Use “+ all” to quickly add multiple songs to playlists: add entire artists, albums, or other playlists with a single gesture.
- Keep screen bright (off/on)
- Player controls disappear when scrolling down (off/on)
- Double-tap to play (option to prevent accidental plays in public settings) (off/on)
- Remove song duplicates from music library (off/on)
- Smart Shuffle (off/on)
- Consolidate artists with only one track. Tracks appear in a single list at the top of the artists list, under “Individual Artists” (off/on)
- Hide albums with only one track (off/on)
- Rescan library
The app also includes a basic tag editor and “Jump to song,” which opens the library view and scrolls to the current track.
Thanks for downloading Backspin, we hope you enjoy it.