This facilitate communication and resource-sharing among a wide range of users.
Networks are commonly categorized based on their characteristics.
The chapters of the application are as follows:
Data Link Layer
7.7 LAN Topologies
7.9 Network Cables
This Tutorial Covers the following topics:
1) Basic Introduction
3)Why we need computer networks?
4)Network Topologies - Bus Topology
5)Network Topologies - Star Topology
6)Network Topologies - Mesh, Ring and Hybrid Topologies
7)Network Infrastructure Devices- What is a Hub?
8)Network Infrastructure Devices- What are Bridges and Switchs?
9)Network Infrastructure Devices - What is a Router?
10)Common Network Cable types
11)Straight-Through and Cross-Over cables
12)Difference between Baseband and Broadband
13)Network Access Methods - CSMA/CD, CSMA/CA and Token Passing
14)LAN Technologies - Ethernet
15)Ethernet Media Standards
16)Lan Technologies - Token Ring
17)Lan Technologies - Fibre Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)
Keywords: Networking basics ,computer networks,www,internetworking,internet,router,switch,lan.
2. Physical Layer
3. Data Link Layer
4. Network Layer
5. Transport Layer
6. Application Layer
This application contains information about reference books that needs to refer and also simulation tools that are available in market for simulation.
This app contains overview of the computer network subject. So, It will be very useful as pocket reference. It can be used to refer before competitive exams as well as interviews.
• IP subnet calculator (VLSM/CIDR)
• IP analyzing tools (IPv4 and IPv6)
• IP route summarization
• IP conversion between different formats (decimal, binary, hexadecimal, octal)
• IPv4 to IPv6 converter
• EUI-64 converter
• IP, MAC and port generators
• Number converters
• Fundamental networking concepts (OSI , TCP, UDP, IP, Network types, Security threats, Speed and data rates, Telnet, SSH, CIDR blocks, Subnet masks blocks, IP Classes)
• Hardware (TP connectors, Fiber optic connectors, Ethernet standards)
• Routing Protocols
• IANA Standards (Domains, Protocol numbers, Services)
• Mobile (Protocols, Generations)
• IP subnet calculations tutorial (Step-by-step)
• Route summarization tutorial
• Number conversion tutorials
• Prepare for Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification
• And much more...!
What people say about The Network Handbook:
Absolutely brilliant. You couldn't ask for a more detailed collection of network information, straight to the point, very very handy source of info at your fingertips. Excellent, I'd rate 100 stars if I could.
This is so far the most amazing network book i found on the play store. This is a MUST MUST have for any network person.
Extremely useful. This must be the Holy Grail of networking apps, and its free!
Simple and clean. This app has so much information and so many tools that it's hard to give it less than 5 stars. If you're into networking, you have to have this app.
We are constantly working to match and push the level of the industry!
Thank you for being with us! You are the best :)
Find us on social networks:
Have an idea? Write us:
Cisco Packet Tracer is a network-capable and simulation-based learning environment for networking students to design, configure, and troubleshoot computer networks at the CCNA-level of complexity. This version is currently compatible with Cisco Packet Tracer 6.1.1. Details of unsupported features can be found in the release notes.
This application requires Android 4.1+ on ARMv7 CPU tablets and is optimized for screens with a minimum size of 7 inches. Some devices with x86 CPUs contain binary translation which will allow this application to run at a reduced speed.
A Cisco Networking Academy Netspace account is required to use this application.
Cisco Networking Academy helps individuals prepare for industry-recognized certifications and entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) careers in virtually every type of industry. Students develop foundational skills in ICT while acquiring vital 21st-century career skills in problem solving, collaboration, and critical thinking. For more details, please access http://www.netacad.com
Version : 1.0
This Application provides simple explanation and definition of basic and advanced topics of networking for Beginners and Students.
This is an honest approach to remove confusions between various networking terms and explains about the working of networks.
Check out our latest Computer Networking Term Dictionary...
1. Equipped with quick dynamic search function (Fuzzy Logic) – The dictionary will start searching for the words while you type.
2. Bookmark – you are able to bookmark all your favorite translations for fast reference to your favorites list by clicking on the “star” icon.
3. Managing Bookmark Lists – you are able edit your bookmark lists or clear them.
4. Add New Words/ Terms – you will be able to add in and store any of the new terms in this Dictionary.
5. > 8,000 words – Included all the popular and daily use terms in the dictionary.
6. FREE – It is completely free. Download at no cost. FOC.
7. Work Offline – It work offline, no active internet connection is required. Perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
8. Small Size (few MB) – The dictionary will only take a small portion of your Android devices.
9. Android version compatibility – The Apps can work perfectly fine on all Android version either on latest ICS/ KitKat or older version.
10. Simple and easy to use interface. The app come with an user friendly function, allowing you to use with ease.
In addition, all the terms are listed alphabetically with faster search facility, easy to navigate through entire app.
This app will work as a great pocket resource for Computer Networking terms and definitions.
Please rate this application 5 stars if you find this app benefited you.
Julia Dictionary Inc
This app is great resource if you are preparing for the Cisco certifications such as CCNA Routing & Switching,CCNA Security,CCNP Routing & Switching & CCNP Security
-Bookmark questions for later review
-We will provide the updates as much as we can
-Questions are sorted in sub-categories for easy access
-Customise the notification for the updates
-We will include the questions sent by users
-You can use the widget included with this app as an flashcard like interface to memorise the answers
If you would like to submit the questions or features requests, in the app go to Settings-->Feedback.
If you think the answer of some question is wrong or inappropriate please let us know we will try to fix it as soon as possible
With this app you can see:
1) MOOCs starting today
2) MOOCs recently added to our directory
3) Updated MOOCs in our directory
4) Upcomming MOOCs (next 30 days)
For a full (search and filter) experience, please visit our responsive website at https://www.mooc-list.com and find thousands of free online courses offered by the best universities.
What is a MOOC?
MOOC stands for a Massive Open Online Course.
It is an online course aimed at large-scale participation and open (free) access via the internet.
They are similar to university courses, but do not tend to offer academic credit.
A number of web-based platforms (providers Aka initiatives) supported by top universities and colleges offer MOOCs in a wide range of subjects.
Allversity, Aquent Gymnasium, Box Hill Institute, C++ Institute, Canvas, Canvas.net, Complexity Explorer, CourseSites, Coursera, FUN, FX Academy, Fundación Didáctica, FutureLearn, GW Online, IAI Academy, Instreamia, Investoo.com, Leuphana Digital School, MOOC-Ed, MRUniversity, Marist College's FOLD, Miríada X, MongoDB, Neodemia, NovoEd, Open Education, OpenStudy, OpenCourseWorld, OpenLearning, OpenSecurityTraining, Other Initiatives, PPU, SDSN.edu, Saylor.org, SchoolKeep, SoundviewPro.com, Stanford OpenEdX, TV des Entrepreneurs, TareasPlus, The Writing University, UNED COMA, UNINETTUNO OpenupEd, UPU, UPV, Udacity, Udemy, UniMOOC - Tec, Universarium, Universiteplus, Virtual Linguistics Campus, WEU, World Mentoring Academy (WMA), Younico, edX, iversity, openHPI, openSAP
• Learn programming ( Linux, Python, Java, C+ , Scratch & more) from Harvard & MIT professors.
• Take college classes in Business, Statistics, Nutrition, Health, AI, Big Data, Cybersecurity, & Robotics.
• Prep for AP biology, physics & math exams.
• Get training & tutorials in Entrepreneurship & Leadership
• Expand your mind with classes on Happiness & Alien Worlds.
• Sign up online at edX.org and then use this mobile companion app to watch free video lectures on the go.
• Stream class videos via Wi-Fi or cellular connection
• Download videos to watch anytime
• View course announcements and handouts
• Follow along course videos with closed captions
• Education and tutorials on your schedule
edX is non profit offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to students, teachers, homeschoolers, high school students preparing for college, anyone looking to improve skills for professional and continuing education. Anyone who wants a free education & loves learning will enjoy watching classes and tutorials in this free learning app.
Get mobile access to over 300 courses in subjects like:
Business and Management
English Composition and Language
High School Math
Programming (Python, Linux, Java)
Preparation for AP Exams
"Learning on the go! Beautiful design, clean, easy to use. The ability to download lectures and view offline is just great if you want to study during a commute. I really enjoyed this app and the effort that was put into making it. This works smoothly and seamlessly as compare to other online course apps I have tried. Flawless experience across platform."
-(Vishal G.) ★★★★★
There are more than 60 edX courses available on the edX mobile app, with more being added each day.
Courses available on the edX app:
• Harvard University – Introduction to Computer Science
• Boston University – Preparing for the AP* Physics1 Exam
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer?
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam Part 2: Populations
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 2: Electricity and Magnetism
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – The Road to Selective College Admissions
• McGill University – Natural Disasters
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 3: Evolution and Diversity
• School Yourself – Introduction to Algebra
• School Yourself – Introduction to Geometry
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
• California Institute of Technology – Pricing Options with Mathematical Models
• Georgetown University – Preparing for the AP* Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Part 1
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Chemistry Exam – Part 1
• Weston High School – On-Ramp to AP* Physics C: Mechanics
• Delft University of Technology – Pre-University Calculus
• UC Berkeley – The Beauty and Joy of Computing (CS Principles), Part 1
• UC Berkeley – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Level Up! Part 1
• Boston University – Alien Worlds: The Science of Exoplanet Discovery and Characterization
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 2: Genetics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 3: Optics and Modern Physics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam – Part 3: Pollution and Resources
• MIT – Circuits and Electronics
• Delft University of Technology – Solar Energy
• MIT – A Global History of Architecture – Part 1