This Tutorial Covers the following topics:
1) Basic Introduction
3)Why we need computer networks?
4)Network Topologies - Bus Topology
5)Network Topologies - Star Topology
6)Network Topologies - Mesh, Ring and Hybrid Topologies
7)Network Infrastructure Devices- What is a Hub?
8)Network Infrastructure Devices- What are Bridges and Switchs?
9)Network Infrastructure Devices - What is a Router?
10)Common Network Cable types
11)Straight-Through and Cross-Over cables
12)Difference between Baseband and Broadband
13)Network Access Methods - CSMA/CD, CSMA/CA and Token Passing
14)LAN Technologies - Ethernet
15)Ethernet Media Standards
16)Lan Technologies - Token Ring
17)Lan Technologies - Fibre Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)
Keywords: Networking basics ,computer networks,www,internetworking,internet,router,switch,lan.
This facilitate communication and resource-sharing among a wide range of users.
Networks are commonly categorized based on their characteristics.
The chapters of the application are as follows:
Data Link Layer
7.7 LAN Topologies
7.9 Network Cables
2. Physical Layer
3. Data Link Layer
4. Network Layer
5. Transport Layer
6. Application Layer
This application contains information about reference books that needs to refer and also simulation tools that are available in market for simulation.
This app contains overview of the computer network subject. So, It will be very useful as pocket reference. It can be used to refer before competitive exams as well as interviews.
In this NETWORKING CONCEPTS android app you will be able to learn all the concepts of professional computer networking from the basic elements to complex. Whether you are a learner and basic user OR an advance user, we have covered all the networking stuff in this app that you will find handy and easy to learn from. We have covered all the topics chapter wise so that you can find it easy to read and they are set in a way that it starts from the basic concepts and moves on with more complex concepts, But we have tried to make the concepts very easy to learn by displaying proper examples along with the self explaining images. Below are the topics highlights we have covered in this NETWORKING CONCEPTS app.
1) Introduction to computer networking and it’s concepts.
2) Different networking models.
3) Networking layers and their protocols.
4) Elements of each layers.
5) Layer wise grouping of each elements.
Networking Chapters :-
1) OSI model.
2) TCP/IP model.
3) Application Layer.
4) Presentation Layer.
5) Session Layer.
6) Transport Layer.
7) Network Layer.
8) Data Link Layer.
9) Physical Layer.
g) LAN Topologies
i) Network Cables
We have covered above chapters and concepts till this version, but we will be continuously adding new chapters and concepts as we introduce new updates and we will also try to make things as much easier as we can with more interactive and explaining images that will make things easy to understand.
Feedback and suggestions are always welcome, just drop us your comments and we will be more than happy to help you if you have any concern.
Cisco Packet Tracer is a network-capable and simulation-based learning environment for networking students to design, configure, and troubleshoot computer networks at the CCNA-level of complexity. This version is currently compatible with Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2. Details of unsupported features can be found in the release notes.
This application requires Android 4.2 to Android 5.0 on ARMv7 CPU tablets and is optimized for screens with a minimum size of 7 inches. Some devices with x86 CPUs contain binary translation which will allow this application to run at a reduced speed.
A Cisco Networking Academy Netspace account is required to use full features of this application.
Cisco Networking Academy helps individuals prepare for industry-recognized certifications and entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) careers in virtually every type of industry. Students develop foundational skills in ICT while acquiring vital 21st-century career skills in problem solving, collaboration, and critical thinking.
For more information you can visit Cisco Networking Academy website at http://www.netacad.com
• IP subnet calculator (VLSM/CIDR)
• IP analyzing tools (IPv4 and IPv6)
• IP route summarization
• IP conversion between different formats (decimal, binary, hexadecimal, octal)
• IPv4 to IPv6 converter
• EUI-64 converter
• IP, MAC and port generators
• Number converters
• Fundamental networking concepts (OSI , TCP, UDP, IP, Network types, Security threats, Speed and data rates, Telnet, SSH, CIDR blocks, Subnet masks blocks, IP Classes)
• Hardware (TP connectors, Fiber optic connectors, Ethernet standards)
• Routing Protocols
• IANA Standards (Domains, Protocol numbers, Services)
• Mobile (Protocols, Generations)
• IP subnet calculations tutorial (Step-by-step)
• Route summarization tutorial
• Number conversion tutorials
• Prepare for Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification
• And much more...!
What people say about The Network Handbook:
Absolutely brilliant. You couldn't ask for a more detailed collection of network information, straight to the point, very very handy source of info at your fingertips. Excellent, I'd rate 100 stars if I could.
This is so far the most amazing network book i found on the play store. This is a MUST MUST have for any network person.
Extremely useful. This must be the Holy Grail of networking apps, and its free!
Simple and clean. This app has so much information and so many tools that it's hard to give it less than 5 stars. If you're into networking, you have to have this app.
We are constantly working to match and push the level of the industry!
Thank you for being with us! You are the best :)
Find us on social networks:
Have an idea? Write us:
• Learn programming ( Linux, Python, Java, C+ , Scratch & more) from Harvard & MIT professors.
• Take college classes in Business, Statistics, Nutrition, Health, AI, Big Data, Cybersecurity, & Robotics.
• Prep for AP biology, physics & math exams.
• Get training & tutorials in Entrepreneurship & Leadership
• Expand your mind with classes on Happiness & Alien Worlds.
• Sign up online at edX.org and then use this mobile companion app to watch free video lectures on the go.
• Stream class videos via Wi-Fi or cellular connection
• Download videos to watch anytime
• View course announcements and handouts
• Follow along course videos with closed captions
• Education and tutorials on your schedule
edX is non profit offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to students, teachers, homeschoolers, high school students preparing for college, anyone looking to improve skills for professional and continuing education. Anyone who wants a free education & loves learning will enjoy watching classes and tutorials in this free learning app.
Get mobile access to over 300 courses in subjects like:
Business and Management
English Composition and Language
High School Math
Programming (Python, Linux, Java)
Preparation for AP Exams
"Learning on the go! Beautiful design, clean, easy to use. The ability to download lectures and view offline is just great if you want to study during a commute. I really enjoyed this app and the effort that was put into making it. This works smoothly and seamlessly as compare to other online course apps I have tried. Flawless experience across platform."
-(Vishal G.) ★★★★★
There are more than 60 edX courses available on the edX mobile app, with more being added each day.
Courses available on the edX app:
• Harvard University – Introduction to Computer Science
• Boston University – Preparing for the AP* Physics1 Exam
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer?
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam Part 2: Populations
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 2: Electricity and Magnetism
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – The Road to Selective College Admissions
• McGill University – Natural Disasters
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 3: Evolution and Diversity
• School Yourself – Introduction to Algebra
• School Yourself – Introduction to Geometry
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
• California Institute of Technology – Pricing Options with Mathematical Models
• Georgetown University – Preparing for the AP* Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Part 1
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Chemistry Exam – Part 1
• Weston High School – On-Ramp to AP* Physics C: Mechanics
• Delft University of Technology – Pre-University Calculus
• UC Berkeley – The Beauty and Joy of Computing (CS Principles), Part 1
• UC Berkeley – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Level Up! Part 1
• Boston University – Alien Worlds: The Science of Exoplanet Discovery and Characterization
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 2: Genetics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 3: Optics and Modern Physics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam – Part 3: Pollution and Resources
• MIT – Circuits and Electronics
• Delft University of Technology – Solar Energy
• MIT – A Global History of Architecture – Part 1
Udacity courses are taught by industry experts from Facebook, Google, Cloudera and MongoDB.
Our classes range from teaching you the very basics of programming, to more advanced courses that help you make sense of data.
Enjoy our courses in the comfort of your own home, solve a programming problem at a coffee shop or answer short quizzes in the park. Udacity for Android is the learning experience that fits into your lifestyle.
We have classes in:
• Applied Cryptography
• Artificial Intelligence for Robotics
• College Algebra
• Computer Networking
• Data Analysis with R
• Data Wrangling with MongoDB
• Design of Computer Programs
• Developing Android Apps
• Developing Scalable Apps with Java
• Differential Equations in Action
• Functional Hardware Verification
• HTML5 Game Development
• How to Build a Startup
• How to Use Git and GitHub
• Interactive 3D Graphics
• Intro Algebra Review
• Intro to Algorithms
• Intro to Artificial Intelligence
• Intro to Computer Science
• Intro to Data Science
• Intro to Descriptive Statistics
• Intro to HTML and CSS
• Intro to Hadoop and MapReduce
• Intro to Inferential Statistics
• Intro to Java Programming
• Intro to Parallel Programming
• Intro to Physics
• Intro to Point & Click App Development
• Intro to Psychology
• Intro to Statistics
• Intro to Theoretical Computer Science
• Intro to the Design of Everyday Things
• Machine Learning: Reinforcement Learning
• Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
• Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
• Make Your Own 2048
• Mobile Web Development
• Programming Foundations with Python
• Programming Languages
• Software Debugging
• Software Development Life Cycles
• Software Testing
• Tales from the Genome
• UX Design for Mobile Developers
• Visualizing Algebra
• Web Development
• Website Performance Optimization
With this app you can see:
1) MOOCs starting today
2) MOOCs recently added to our directory
3) Updated MOOCs in our directory
4) Upcomming MOOCs (next 30 days)
For a full (search and filter) experience, please visit our responsive website at https://www.mooc-list.com and find thousands of free online courses offered by the best universities.
What is a MOOC?
MOOC stands for a Massive Open Online Course.
It is an online course aimed at large-scale participation and open (free) access via the internet.
They are similar to university courses, but do not tend to offer academic credit.
A number of web-based platforms (providers Aka initiatives) supported by top universities and colleges offer MOOCs in a wide range of subjects.
Allversity, Aquent Gymnasium, Box Hill Institute, C++ Institute, Canvas, Canvas.net, Complexity Explorer, CourseSites, Coursera, FUN, FX Academy, Fundación Didáctica, FutureLearn, GW Online, IAI Academy, Instreamia, Investoo.com, Leuphana Digital School, MOOC-Ed, MRUniversity, Marist College's FOLD, Miríada X, MongoDB, Neodemia, NovoEd, Open Education, OpenStudy, OpenCourseWorld, OpenLearning, OpenSecurityTraining, Other Initiatives, PPU, SDSN.edu, Saylor.org, SchoolKeep, SoundviewPro.com, Stanford OpenEdX, TV des Entrepreneurs, TareasPlus, The Writing University, UNED COMA, UNINETTUNO OpenupEd, UPU, UPV, Udacity, Udemy, UniMOOC - Tec, Universarium, Universiteplus, Virtual Linguistics Campus, WEU, World Mentoring Academy (WMA), Younico, edX, iversity, openHPI, openSAP
Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, continue your education, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy has a course to help you get there and get there faster.
When you download the Udemy App, you’ll join over 4,000,000 people who have already made the decision to accelerate their lives by taking a Udemy course.
What can you learn on Udemy?
Udemy’s expert instructors have built thousands of courses on...
✔ Programming (java, python, php, ruby, and more)
✔ Cake Decorating
… and everything in between!
We know you’re busy. And that’s why every course on Udemy is available on demand, 24 / 7, so you can learn when and where you want.
With the Udemy app, you can squeeze in a few lectures on your commute. Or before bed. Or during lunch. Or just whenever you can find the time.
But whatever you do - Don’t Stop Learning!
Install the Udemy app now and start learning something new today.
- You can discover thousands of on-demand, online courses and tutorials.
- You can watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles, and anything inside your course.
- You can watch your course offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT UDEMY?
"Udemy’s online classes give you the freedom to study when and where you like with no time limits. Perfect for a busy entrepreneur like me!"
- (Wayne P.) ★★★★★
"Getting a new career (at my age) can be quite challenging. With Udemy, I’m learning real web development techniques that have helped me make the jump!"
- (Brian M.) ★★★★★
"I got the job! I’m starting a new career in communications, but it’s been tough because I don’t have the hard skills that people are looking for. So I started learning video editing on Udemy... and guess what? Last week I finally landed a video production job!"
- (Qin L.) ★★★★★