Best-Rides is an easy-to-use, ride companion app that offers up-to-the minute ride sharing price comparisons (Uber and Lyft) along with real-time updates to your contacts when you’re traveling. Whether you’re taking a regular ride to work during the day or heading home through an unfamiliar neighborhood at night, Best-Rides lets them know when you’ve arrived safely at your destination and immediately alerts them if you do not.
How It Works
• Download the app, enter your information, and select the contacts you want to notify about your safe arrival.
• Enter a destination and select how you’ll be getting there: via Uber, Lyft, taxi or walking.
• For the first two options, you receive the pricing for them so that you can select your most cost-efficient option.
• When taking a ride with someone you don’t know, take a photo of their license plate. This image will act as an immediate deterrent, putting the driver on notice that others know the vehicle in which you’re riding.
• The app displays the path to your destination and provides you with an ETA for your trip.
• Start your trip (and the app displays where you are along the journey and if the recommended path is being followed).
• As the ETA approaches, you’ll receive an alert asking if you’ve arrived safely.
• If you respond to the alert that you’ve arrived safely, it will notify your network.
• If you do not respond to the alert, your network will receive a message stating that something might be wrong and the pictures you took along with your last GPS location.