Select Donegal Guide 2013
Due to the vast volume of rock, routes and climbing locations in Co. Donegal, this guide is a select guide to all the best areas, islands, crags and routes. The guide contains just over 1000 of the best recorded rock climbs in Co Donegal with all the climbs featured on photo topos.
All 200+ photo topos were taken from the best angles and weather conditions to allow the user to very easily identify their chosen routes. To assist in the location of individual crags a series of crag topos are used where there is a group of crags in a specific small area. The actual crag topos are fully interactive and all routes are clickable links to highlight the line and display the route descriptions.
- a general introduction to the climbing in this area.
- crag search and maps for the whole guide, area by area and crag level.
- detailed crag info including parking, access and approach information.
- detailed sector information.
- interactive sector by sector topos
- swipe left/right in route info (topo) to select the next left (or right) route in the current topo.
- online map showing your location relative to the crag
- split parking and crag map pins when the map is zoomed in, with directions from your current location available from the parking pin.
Please note that in order to keep the download file size small, the app isn't preloaded with any of the topo images. You will be prompted to download these when the app starts. If your connection is interrupted or you don't download all of the topos you will be prompted to do so each time the app launches, until you have received all of the images.
In addition to this select guide there is a series of 21 definitive guides to the entire county, each is a sectional guide and is in the PDF format. These definitive guides are all linked into the home pages of each chapter in the app (crag info screen) and are available as free downloads from http://www.uniqueascent.ie.
You now have many lifetimes of world class rock climbing to play on, please bring with you a sense of humour, sun cream and a pair of wellies.