A free taster app of the select guidebook for rock climbing in North Wales authored by Mark Reeves and published on theSend.co.uk topo apps platform.
This lite version of the full North Wales Rock Climbing Topo App contains full coverage of one crag, Vivian Quarry on the Slate providing all the functionality of the full guide which is described below.
The full guide covers selected classic rock routes of the North Wales area from the sea cliffs of Gogarth to the mountains of Snowdonia. The areas covered in the first edition are:
- Anglesey: Gogarth, Rhoscolyn, Benllech
- Llanberis Pass
- Ogwen Valley
- North Wales Limestone
At present the full guide contains almost 750 routes across 156 topos covering 7 major climbing areas in North Wales You can review the areas and crags covered on the supporting website at http://theSend.co.uk/NorthWalesRock/
- a general introduction to the climbing in this area.
- crag search and maps for the whole guide, area by area and crag level.
- detailed crag info including walk-in, sun/shade conditions, parking, access and approach information.
- detailed sector information.
- interactive sector by sector topos showing both the sport and traditional climbing
- up to date routes and problems lists with full descriptions
- route info selection from the routes listing and route badges on the topos.
- area by area sketch maps for most of the crags for for full offline use
- split parking and crag map pins when the map is zoomed in, with directions from your current location available from the parking pin.
Please note that in order to keep the download file size small, the app isn't preloaded with any of the topo images. You will be prompted to download these when the app runs and we recommend a wi-fi connection for this.