If you love to travel, and want to keep track of where you have been, then Wanderfile is the app for you.
Wanderfile allows you to select the places (countries, regions of countries and cities) you have been, layover on a flight or want to go in the future via interactive maps, organised lists or search. It also contains information for each country detailing typical costs, essential travel information and general interesting facts.
- 258 countries and dependencies included in the app
- every country has districts/states/counties available without additional downloads
- major cities are included for all countries
- keep track of the countries, country regions and cities you have been to
- save or share maps including world, continents, sub regions and countries (regions and cities)
- view statistics (percentages) within the app and on saved or shared outputs
- general interesting info for every country (population, religions, languages etc.)
- useful travel info for every country (plugs, vaccinations, safety etc.)
- travel costs in both local and home country currency for every country that has enough data available to display sensible cost values (transport, accomodation, food etc.)
You can select the countries you have been to, and then save or share a multitude of maps. The globetrotters among you can take advantage of the world map, or maybe you just travelled Europe and you want a map for that? No problem, take advantage of the more localised Europe map (or any of the continents), or maybe narrow it down further to a specific area of Europe with the Northern Europe or Eastern Europe maps.
Not only can you record, save and share maps for countries, but you can do the same for the districts (counties, states etc.) and major cities of every country included in the app (assuming the country actually has districts).
Once you have entered the countries you have been to, either through the provided lists, maps or search; you can then review the percentage of the World, continents and sub regions you have visited in the summary section contained in the drop down area of the World section on the front page.
Apart from the maps you can generate, the app also provides useful and relevant travel information regarding each country in three main sections:
This section contains basic information about the country of interest. You can find items such as capital city, population, languages spoken, religions, climate, terrain, total area, mean elevation and more…
This section is designed to give you the relevant information that you will need to prepare for an upcoming trip or holiday. For example, what plug sockets does the country use? Do you need to get any immunisations before you go? Can you drink the water while you are there?
This section is designed to give you the relevant everyday costs associated with the country of interest. This will allow you to plan ahead, and see what money you should realistically set aside.
Each section includes costs for three different budgets: Budget, Mid Range and Luxury. The app will also display all costs in both your home currency and the local currency, so you can get a grasp of conversion rates before hand.
If you log in with your google account you can take advantage of cloud backup, so you never have to worry about losing any of your data!
As you are using the app, the places you select will be automatically synced with our servers. This will ensure that if you switch devices or lose your device, you can get all of your data loaded straight onto another device without going through the whole process again!