Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Open the app to instantly see accurate next departure times, track buses and trains near you on the map, and see upcoming transit schedules. Use the trip planner to quickly compare trips - including options like bus and bike, or metro and subway. Get alerted about service disruptions and delays for your favorite lines, and save frequently used locations for trip directions in a tap.
HERE’S WHAT THEY’RE SAYING "Gives you the best route to where you want to go" - New York Times “You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times “Killer app” - Wall Street Journal "MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe “A one-stop-shop” - Washington Post
AND HERE’S THE WORD FROM PUBLIC TRANSIT RIDERS “Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car.” “Blows Google Maps out of the water.” “The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
6 GREAT THINGS ABOUT TRANSIT:
1) The best real-time data. The app uses the best transit agency data sources like MTA Bus Time, MTA Train Time, NJ Transit MyBus, SF MUNI Next Bus, CTA Bus Tracker, WMATA Next Arrivals, SEPTA Real-Time and many more. We combine that data with our fancy ETA prediction engine so that you get the most accurate real-time info possible for all transit modes - including buses, subways, trains, streetcars, metros, ferries, ridehail and more. Prefer to travel on two wheels? With GPS, you can see live bikeshare and scooter locations right on the map.
2) Travel offline Bus schedules, stop locations, subway maps and even our trip planner are available offline.
3) Powerful trip planning See fast and easy trips combining buses, subways and trains – the app even suggests routes that combine multiple options in one trip like bus + bike or scooter + metro. You’ll find great trip plans that you never even considered! Don’t like to walk a lot or use a certain mode or transit agency? Personalize your travel in the settings.
4) GO: our step-by-step navigator* Receive departure alarms to catch your bus or train, and get alerted when it’s time to get off or transfer. When using GO, you’ll also crowdsource more accurate info and real-time ETAs for other passengers– and rack up points and thank yous for being the most helpful rider on your line.
5) User Reports See what other riders have to say! With millions of users contributing, you’ll get helpful info on crowding levels, on-time performance, the closest subway exits, and more.
6) Easy Payments Pay your transit fare and buy bikeshare passes directly in the app in over 75 cities.
300+ CITIES INCLUDING:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Hartford, Honolulu, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington D.C.
1000+ PUBLIC TRANSIT AGENCIES INCLUDING:
AC Transit, Atlanta Streetcar (MARTA), Bee-Line, Big Blue Bus, Caltrain, Cap Metro, CATS, CDTA, CTA, CT Transit, DART, DC Metro (WMATA), DDOT, GCRTA, HART, Houston Metro, KCATA, King County Metro Transit, LA DOT, LA Metro, LBT, LIRR, Lynx, MCTS, MDOT MTA, Metra, Metrolink, MetroNorth, Miami Dade Transit, MTA BUS, NCTD, New Jersey Transit (NJT), NFTA, NICE, NYC MTA Subway, OCTA, PACE, Pittsburgh Regional Transit (PRT), Ride-On, RTD, SEPTA, SF BART, SF Muni, Sound Transit, SORTA (Metro), St. Louis Metro, TANK, TheBus, Tri-Met, UTA, Valley Metro, VIA
SEE ALL SUPPORTED CITIES & COUNTRIES: TRANSITAPP.COM/REGION
-- Questions or feedback? Browse our help pages: help.transitapp.com, email us: email@example.com, or find us on X: @transitapp
Dec 5, 2023
Maps & Navigation
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Location, Personal info and 2 others
This app may collect these data types
Location, Personal info and 5 others
Data is encrypted in transit
You can request that data be deleted
Ratings and reviews
Show review history
December 2, 2023
I have only 2 things wrong with this app. The first is that the ticket scanning page does NOT turn off/pause the phone tap-to-pay function, leading me to accidentally pay with card when holding my phone up to the QR scanner. The other is that this app sometimes assumes someone's still on the bus if they haven't turned off their GO tracking when they've reached their stop. Otherwise, I quite like this app and would like to continue using it.
5 people found this review helpful
December 5, 2023
Hi, sorry this is happening; we're here to help! Could you send us an email from inside the app? That will give us a debug report so we can address the problem. Open the app, tap Settings (gear icon), then tap the Transit logo (on the right of the 3 icons), then Email Us. Thank you!
Show review history
December 3, 2023
The only thing I dont like is its persistence holding a location when location is turned off on the phone. Everything else is very good. I often want to check routes in another area, tho. Not where I am (or was) when the app last checked. To be sure timing will work, etc. Not easy with this app. It persistently holds the old location & I cant change it. But I rely on it heavily when Im out & find it does the job well.
43 people found this review helpful
Show review history
December 1, 2023
Worked just fine until these last updates. All of a sudden I have bus passes I can't get to in order to use. I had to pay cash to get on the bus twice even though I had a active all day pass. I'll have to go back to a physical card if this goes on. Update 11/30/23 Same thing happened again. An update comes out and the app becomes basically unusable. Another all day pass gone to waste. This time I had to order a Lyft that wasn't even in my budget in the first place.
1 person found this review helpful
December 4, 2023
Hello, if you're still having issues with the ticketing function, please reach out to us in the last customer service ticket you had open. We will be able to assist you there.
- Fixed issue with GO when we’d ask you “are you on the J or the F train?” when you were actually on a secret third train… we’re now better at asking which bus or train you’re on when there’s many nearby overlapping transit lines
- Other bug fixes as dry as the day is long
Don’t forget to rate us 5 stars. And if you find a bug? Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop us a note on Google Plus… we hear it now has more users than Twitter?